It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who say God doesn't exist.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Untun

Interesting isn’t it, Jesus never got offended or upset with non believers, Jesus only got upset with religious people who acted arrogant, superior and selfish
Jesus taught His followers to love people not make them believe

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 03:57 AM
link   

What's wrong with them?

Not wired for abstraction.

That's actually a thing for many people.

When faced with a seemingly hopeless situation the "gnostic boost" religion provides is not applicable to them. It's a preference for observable lines of causation and ability to directly better one's own situation through direct action.

Every true atheist I've met who would emphatically say "god doesn't exist" has a hang up similar to that. Prayer does nothing psychologically.

Signs are only coincidence and Synchronicity is a song by The Police. In another way of putting it it's an 'allergy to the metaphysical'. Like the inversely cured version of an 'allergy to alcohol'.
edit on 14-8-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Difference being mate we devise tools and weapons of mass destruction that can destroy millions in one sitting and even the greater part of the planet, other animals don't do that, or have the capability to do so.

As to how we get along, well the greater part of recorded history would seem to suggest we tolerate one another until we get what we want.

I certainly cannot remember peace in my time.

Im on the fence where Gods and spirituality are concerned RAY1990, further study is certainly required, then again that could be said with so many aspects in life.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Interesting isn’t it, Jesus never got offended or upset with non believers, Jesus only got upset with religious people who acted arrogant, superior and selfish
Jesus taught His followers to love people not make them believe

Exactly. Are you hating me now?

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Fruit of the Holy Spirit, doesn’t include hate, not even anger
Though I am commanded to correct christians who don’t show Gods grace

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

That's fine. You didn't answer the question though.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: Untun
Every part of creation, be it on earth or in the heavens is evidence of God.

And every part of EVOLUTION is evidence of no creation.

You can't fool all the people all the time.

The term "evolution" itself suggests that everything evolved from something else. They just can't explain what that origination point was from which everything evolved, so they conveniently leave it out.

That lack of information shouldn't be fooling anyone either.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: Untun
Every part of creation, be it on earth or in the heavens is evidence of God.

And every part of EVOLUTION is evidence of no creation.

You can't fool all the people all the time.

The term "evolution" itself suggests that everything evolved from something else. They just can't explain what that origination point was from which everything evolved, so they conveniently leave it out.

That lack of information shouldn't be fooling anyone either.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ilikesecrets
a reply to: Untun I believe God does exist but I don't think I exist to God.

He formed you in your mother’s womb. Secondly, God is omniscient.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I have no issues, no problems, no hate for you Untun, it’s all good.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth Freemasonry is just the initiation phase of Luciferianism. See what Albert Pike and Manly P. Hall had to say about the knowledge given/revealed at the 33rd degree.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Gets to a point I want to wipe my feet and walk away from christians and their arrogance

The arrogance of christians? That's funny...

In my view, it isn't anywhere near as simplistic as you - and the vast majority - make it out to be.

Atheists who think their belief that there is no god - or that humans evolved from some slimy primordial goo - serves as absolute proof of reality is just as arrogant as any religious person's belief.

The bottom line is, we all choose what we believe with respect to God, how we all came to be here, and what it all means (if anything), but it has no bearing on reality.

The only thing I know with any degree of certainty is, no one knows - or can possibly know (regardless of their feelz or what they think they know) - the answers to those questions.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Aye and I'm saying it's all rooted in the ability to communicate extremely effectively... That's where advanced writing comes from and therefore all the rest of it. Others do it they just seemingly haven't had the time to develop. We've been talking for millions of years, tools too (3.2mil?) the written language and all the rest of it (advanced) is seemingly new.

If language is a foundation then writing is design. Going by that then yes we're different but we're not that different.

As to how we get along, well the greater part of recorded history would seem to suggest we tolerate one another until we get what we want.

Learning about Aboriginal Australian culture as a kid blew my mind, loved me a bit of Ray Mears too and one thing I noticed about 'primitive' culture is they don't need to steal, kill or get jealous. All these cultures had a form of spirituality and a group identify. Just saying Andy historically there's other ways and some of those mindsets are still with us doing what they always did. No guess work required.

I'm more inclined to think it's all brain development and chemicals tbh, the more intelligent social creatures exhibit the same behaviours as us which are ironically the same things spirituality and religion attempt to temper. So I think everyone is looking at the same parts of the brain and the juices that make them tick.

Again IDK. Definitely further study! Some highly disagree with that though and I don't think we'll get there looking at just nuts and bolts as it were.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I meet a few people today, One of them had a profound impact on another about 10 years ago they they did not know about. To see that moment they met to say thank you, priceless.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   

What every works for you is great for you. You may not understand others thinking and believes. Concluding that their is somethings wrong with them (unnatural as you say) is undefendable.

Man created God(s) to explain the reality he lived in (and still does). We give them our attributes not the other way around.

While the Bible may say "God made man in his image". The reality, the evolution of human religion, philosophy and science clearly show that we made our God(s) in our image.

Regarding Humility:

Humility is not debasing oneself.

Humility is clarity about self others and life.

Humility is a feeling of awe at being an integral part of the wider universe. It is truly a sense of being valued as every other piece of the universe is valued.

No more or less.

It is the essence of equanimity.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

What every works for you is great for you. You may not understand others thinking and believes. Concluding that their is somethings wrong with them (unnatural as you say) is undefendable.

Man created God(s) to explain the reality he lived in (and still does). We give them our attributes not the other way around.

While the Bible may say "God made man in his image". The reality, the evolution of human religion, philosophy and science clearly show that we made our God(s) in our image.

Regarding Humility:

Humility is not debasing oneself.

Humility is clarity about self others and life.

Humility is a feeling of awe at being an integral part of the wider universe. It is truly a sense of being valued as every other piece of the universe is valued.

No more or less.

It is the essence of equanimity.

It sounds like you're twisting it all around to make it fit a view to ridicule people with.

Let me help you out a little.

When you put yourself in a position where you need to ridicule people to be in that position you are putting yourself in the position of a loser and not in the one of a winner.
edit on 14-8-2022 by Untun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Do you think if Job from the bible found out that it was Lucifer who goaded God into destroying his life, he would continue to have faith?

Would he believe in God but forsake him?

Is he in total fear that it could all be taken again?

Would he question what the fudge am I doing believing in this guy?

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 10:23 PM
link   

There was no ridicule stated nor implied. Perhaps you have a different definition of the word or concept.

I never ridicule people (or hardy ever). In this case I'm not ridiculing the idea either.

As I stated clearly. If this idea works for you - I'm very happy for you.

I believe in something else. It works for me.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

There was no ridicule stated nor implied. Perhaps you have a different definition of the word or concept.

I never ridicule people (or hardy ever). In this case I'm not ridiculing the idea either.

As I stated clearly. If this idea works for you - I'm very happy for you.

I believe in something else. It works for me.

You should stop bull#ting yourself and other people. You're clearly saying God doesn't exist and the concept is simply man-made.
edit on 14-8-2022 by Untun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Poofmander

Do you think if Job from the bible found out that it was Lucifer who goaded God into destroying his life, he would continue to have faith?

Would he believe in God but forsake him?

Is he in total fear that it could all be taken again?

Would he question what the fudge am I doing believing in this guy?

God isn't goaded by anyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join