It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who say God doesn't exist.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Untun

You should do the same and admit you're only here creating and posting threads like an immature Christian who wants to instigate arguments and admonish others for not believing, or seeing, things the same as you do.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2

You should do the same and admit you're only here creating and posting threads like an immature Christian who wants to instigate arguments and admonish others for not believing, or seeing, things the same as you do.

These people who pretend to do not see things the same are just spreading confusion. I'm not saying God doesn't exist. I'm sure they're having a lot of fun trolling that stuff on the internet seeing who takes their bait. Don't let them fool you. Nobody can be like what they pretend to be. It's a well effective bait, you would fall into it without recognising getting you to explain why God would exist. Nobody needs to be told why God exists. They're playing dumb keeping you up in a delusion at the same time. You don't know who these people are and they make use of that having you proselitysing all over the internet, but just keeping you busy wasting your time. These people aren't interested.
edit on 15-8-2022 by Untun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 03:04 AM
link   

These people who pretend to do not see things the same are just spreading confusion.

Something is really wrong with your head to make such a statement.

According to you, it isn't that people have different views, beliefs, or ways of seeing things, it is that they must be lying.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

These people who pretend to do not see things the same are just spreading confusion.

Something is really wrong with your head to make such a statement.

According to you, it isn't that people have different views, beliefs, or ways of seeing things, it is that they must be lying.

My head is fine. They're either lying or something is really wrong with their head.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 03:31 AM
link   

You don't know me either. You haven't the faintest idea of my opinions or beliefs. Quite literally everything you stated in that comment of yours has led me to the the opinion that you are just using this forum as a soapbox to spout off some psuedo-intellectal pontification.

What have you gained from your interactions here? How certain are you that it isn't you who has been suffering from delusions?

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2

You don't know me either. You haven't the faintest idea of my opinions or beliefs. Quite literally everything you stated in that comment of yours has led me to the the opinion that you are just using this forum as a soapbox to spout off some psuedo-intellectal pontification.

What have you gained from your interactions here? How certain are you that it isn't you who has been suffering from delusions?

How sure are you? Does it matter? People get nasty when you acknowledge the reality of God. You sure have the right to your opinion. They mean nothing to me though.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Sure, you need to do good for people with something wrong in their head, but where does this "God does not exist" come from? I think it only comes from a wrong idea about God, something that is not God you believe doesn't exist and you think it's God.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Sure, I'm stuck and I don't understand things, I need to be a nice guy and I need to get angry. But, my god, don't tell me God doesn't exist.

They place their faith as you pull their trust away.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
How big or destructive can a war be if banks don't lend money for weapons to both sides?

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Untun

These people who pretend to do not see things the same are just spreading confusion. I'm not saying God doesn't exist. I'm sure they're having a lot of fun trolling that stuff on the internet seeing who takes their bait. Don't let them fool you. Nobody can be like what they pretend to be. ...

Psalm 14:1 (NW):

The foolish* [Or “senseless.”] one says in his heart:

“There is no Jehovah.”

So according to the Bible they do exist. Makes sense, or not very surprising with this going on described at 2 Cor 4:3,4:

If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things* [Or “this age.”] has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination* [Or “light.”] of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.

And again at Rev 12:9:

So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Thx for posting.

Maybe I am a fool and still say in my heart God doesn't exist but rationally I refuse to believe it.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I was responding to your description of other people saying God doesn't exist, or more specifically, the God described in the Bible who goes by the name Jehovah (Hebrew: Yehowah, from YHWH, cause ancient Hebrew didn't use vowels, centuries after the Bible was completed they started using vowel marks, the Masoretic texts, dating from the 8th or 9th century CE, use the vowel marks for "e", "o" and "a", for God's name, so you get "Yehowah" in Hebrew).

By bringing up the heart at Ps 14:1, the Bible shows that it's often an emotional response (or heavily influenced by emotion). Which again is no big surprise for those aware of the propaganda technique described in the article linked in my signature (the preceding page*), under the heading "playing on the emotions". This has been used to great effect by Bible critics and those opposed to the truth (of this matter concerning Jehovah God), and the one "who is misleading the entire inhabited earth" (Rev. 12:9).

*: This page:

The Manipulation of Information (Awake!—2000)
edit on 16-8-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Am I right when I say their goal is to make people feel bad?

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I recon it differs per individual, and there might be a few that would like to achieve that effect, but if we're talking about those responding to you on ATS, I recon there are probably also quite a few, or many, or perhaps even most, that merely want to express their views regarding the matter. Synonyms for "views": opinions, beliefs, thoughts.

And there are other motives one can think of as well.
edit on 16-8-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

I recon it differs per individual, and there might be a few that would like to achieve that effect, but if we're talking about those responding to you on ATS, I recon there are probably also quite a few, or many, or perhaps even most, that merely want to express their views regarding the matter. Synonyms for "views": opinions, beliefs, thoughts.

And there are other motives one can think of as well.

I should be careful about how I think they mean what they say, and mostly not to start losing my mind about it.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I obviously didn't ridicule and person or idea that was stated.

Where you are getting that idea baffles me.

I have stated repeatedly "Whatever Works for you Is Fine." In fact, I think Faith is an important value. Faith does not equal Faith in a supernatural supreme being. If that works for you and others, I have no problem with it.

I don't believe or have faith in such a being. There is nothing wrong with me (as implied in the OP) because of this lack of belief in a supernatural being. It's just different.

My Faith lies in the enormity of Creation. I don't believe a being outside of Creation is necessary for Creation to exist - the Cosmological Argument first espoused by Thomas Aquinas in the 13th century.

I system of belief, my word view is different. I don't claim to know the truth for you, let alone everyone. I don't personally believe that absolute objective TRUTH is possible in this flawed physical existence. Why should that be inhuman?

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Untun
Sure, you need to do good for people with something wrong in their head, but where does this "God does not exist" come from? I think it only comes from a wrong idea about God, something that is not God you believe doesn't exist and you think it's God.

Can you perhaps consider the idea (don't have to believe anything to consider something) a universe without a God(s)?

How would it change your life?

Is it God or Belief that is central to your worldview?

Where do you values come from?

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

If God didn't exist I wouldn't be here.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Wait a second I remember that story from somewhere... Oh right.... your mother has been humping with God?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join