It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I an Indigo Child?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy

I don't really know what labels I am, I just know what I am.
I do feel this special connection with God, and I feel like I have unlocked some of my ESP abilities. I have always felt different than other people around me. As of now I don't really care if I am called Indigo or not.
A label is just a label to place certain people/things in certain categories.
If you want to call me an Indigo for my special abilities so be it.
Doesn't change the fact that I have those abilities. I really don't care being labeled Indigo or not. Even though I match it's description pretty well, I am just "me" and you are just "you"

-Liquid

No, I don't mind. Just read what I qouted above.

Indigo did you read what I stated above in my qoute? The posting I posted before... had "666" in it. You can notice this on the left side of your computer screen in your "mini-profile" Hope that cleared a bit up for you.
Mainly I just wanted you to read what I posted above in my quote. I fit perfectly with the description of Indigo Children, but why would someone want to give people with special abilities labels?

-Liquid

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it)

They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.

Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."
They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).

They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.

They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.

They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).

They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.

They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").

They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

Your kidding me right? Your trying to tell me that this is just now appearing in Children being born "today"!? You can't possibly believe this!? So no one before now has these signs hu? I'd say half of America has them from all age groups, and from all eras...give us a break!

Especially these:

They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.

They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).

They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.

They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").

Do know how many people this fits from all eras and ages...OMG I can't believe it!

[edit on 3/30/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Indigo did you read what I stated above in my qoute? The posting I posted before... had "666" in it. You can notice this on the left side of your computer screen in your "mini-profile" Hope that cleared a bit up for you.
Mainly I just wanted you to read what I posted above in my quote. I fit perfectly with the description of Indigo Children, but why would someone want to give people with special abilities labels?

-Liquid

People with special abilities are labeled to identify their abilties. I still have no idea what you are talking about on the "666" I don't see it anywhere and I don't see any text highligted in red.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
It's driven by the need to replace previous labels such as "loser"

There's two types of labels in that same class as "loser". Labels that hurt, and labels that uplift. If peers label you loser it can be painful, if you let it. It doesn't have to be.

Not to long ago there was a label that was applied to people of color. That label was meant to hurt. But through the couragous works of some people that label was de-mystifed. The verbal slap that was associated with it is gone.

It is possible to take the power out of a label, and make it meaningless. The most effective way is to first off not let it get to you. Secondly, embrace the label in the face of those who seek to shun you with it. Once they have lost the power to hurt you with a label, it no longer becomes neccesary. No labels will be.

It is also possible to attempt to imply that a label is far more positive then it is. You can apply a meaningless label who's intent is to uplift. The intent is fine, but the actual effect is to seperate, and justify the seperation. Once reality sets in, this label really has the same effect as the ones that are blatantly hurtful.

I've been called geek, nerd, loser, spaz, dork, a**hole, and it doesn't bother me. I have traits and tendencies that match all of those labels. So I let people use them. Doesn't make me one, and it doesn't hurt me, because I know.
But if someone were to call me messiah, or jehovah, well, that would make me feel great. I'd get a big ol' swelled head, and I'd start acting like one.

Then reality would settle in, and the deceit that was played on me would hurt more then if I'd just been called an a**hole in the first place.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Your kidding me right? Your trying to tell me that this is just now appearing in Children being born "today"!? You can't possibly believe this!? So no one before now has these signs hu? I'd say half of America has them from all age groups, and from all eras...give us a break!

Well that is rubbish then. Half of America would not even qualify as "intelligent " nevermind non-conformist, spiritual, psychic, wise, creative. I know from experience how rarely I meet Indigos in person.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Indigo_Child:

Would you please kindly answer my question?: Are you telepathic? If yes, how do you know?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

But if someone were to call me messiah, or jehovah, well, that would make me feel great. I'd get a big ol' swelled head, and I'd start acting like one.

Just like you can transcend the label of "loser" So you can transcend the ego associated with the label of "messiah" or "jeovah" As I outlined before, it is simply about not becoming the label. Retain your multidimensional self.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I know from experience how rarely I meet Indigos in person.

Well, maybe the persuit of knowlage brings indigos to ATS. Although there are actually less than claim to be, the At least those who give false claims to be indigos know that indigos exist. THis is more than some indigos know for themselves. Some just know that they are different and nothing else. This is all that i have to say on this whole matter.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Well that is rubbish then. Half of America would not even qualify as "intelligent " nevermind non-conformist, spiritual, psychic, wise, creative. I know from experience how rarely I meet Indigos in person.

Bull! While I agree that the average IQ may not be where it should be...if you read those sings above as indicative of being an Indigo...there is really nothing "special about them" they are sing seen in many, many humans since time began......who started this nonsense? The term "Indigo Child" comes from psychic and synesthesiac Nancy Ann Tappe nad furthered along by Lee Carroll a channeler for an entity he calls Kryon

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
::::::::::::::::::::OFF TOPIC::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

How can I change my font color on my mini-profile?
I click the "help" butten and a mini box comes up and says
"Page not found" haha I was playing around with my background & now I can't change it
oh well...

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
Indigo_Child:

Would you please kindly answer my question?: Are you telepathic? If yes, how do you know?

If you mean am I able to clearly hear peoples thoughts or convey my thoughts to others. No, I am not. In, fact, who is? I would love to meet that person and consciously make an effort not to think about sex while in their vicinity.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Bull! While I agree that the average IQ may not be where it should be...if you read those sings above as indicative of being an Indigo...there is really nothing "special about them" they are sing seen in many, many humans since time began......who started this nonsense? The term "Indigo Child" comes from psychic and synesthesiac Nancy Ann Tappe nad furthered along by Lee Carroll a channeler for an entity he calls Kryon

I don't care where the label comes from. I know that this particular label fits and I like it. Otherwise, I know it is just a label, a general group of people to whom I belong. And if you're trying to tell me half of America is non-conformist, when it is common human psychology for people to conform, then sorry, but it's claptrap.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Being telepathic doesn't necassarily mean that you can read others' thoughts or that you can speak with them.

If you are telepathic, you can feel something (physically) when you are next to a person (especially if he/she is thinking of you). This is the primitive level of telepathy. Do you have this feeling, and what do you feel?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

::::::::::::::::::::OFF TOPIC::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

How can I change my font color on my mini-profile?
I click the "help" butten and a mini box comes up and says
"Page not found" haha I was playing around with my background & now I can't change it
oh well...

Thanks!

You need to have a certain amount of ATS points(around 100 I think) and then buy this feature of coloured text from the ATS shop.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Being telepathic doesn't necassarily mean that you can read others' thoughts or that you can speak with them.

If you are telepathic, you can feel something (physically) when you are next to a person (especially if he/she is thinking of you). This is the primitive level of telepathy. Do you have this feeling, and what do you feel?

Yes I can sometimes "Feel" people's emotions by being near them, or have a "feeling" of what they are thinking, then find out I was correct.

Anywho's thanks Indigo
When I click to buy my colors... I have to put in certain numbers to have a certain color... when I click the "color help" link that should give me those numbers... a page opens and says "Error Page not found"

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I think we all have this ability - it's called clairsentience and is the most common psychic ability. Most of us are using it subconsciously. Yes, I do have this and can feel other people. Interesting that you mentioned this, because I was going to start a topic on something that happened to be recently.

Just 2 days ago I was in Hospital. And I saw this old woman on her bed just opposite me. She was lying asleep. I don't know what happened, but I started crying and then got the thought "going" I knew immediately that she was going to die the next day. Just yesterday she really had died.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I don't care where the label comes from. I know that this particular label fits and I like it. Otherwise, I know it is just a label, a general group of people to whom I belong. And if you're trying to tell me half of America is non-conformist, when it is common human psychology for people to conform, then sorry, but it's claptrap.

I can look back at any number of people I have known in my years....and so can probably everyone else in this thread....think about aunts uncles, grandparents...I'd place money that we can all look back and find people we have known in our own families that fit the description! Look back at some of the famous people of history that fit the description....these "attributes" are nothing new or special that is just emerging today.....not to my knowledge anyway. If you like it and want to call your self an "Indigo" and believe that you are a part of some special, rare breed of human cult, if it makes you feel a part of something and helps your self worth.....by all means..... knock yourself out

[edit on 3/30/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Just 2 days ago I was in Hospital. And I saw this old woman on her bed just opposite me. She was lying asleep. I don't know what happened, but I started crying and then got the thought "going" I knew immediately that she was going to die the next day. Just yesterday she really had died.

I'd think that's more cognetive intuition.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

And are you attributing this to being an Indigo? Do you know how many of these stories I have seen, heard and experienced by people out of the time line to be an Indigo!? Sheeeeeeeesh! I have experienced numerous such things...I am not an Indigo...I am 50 years old!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The problem is more than just the label. It’s using this label to elevate oneself above all others. It’s the suggestion that “I” was born with a higher worldly intellect, somehow I’m more advanced and sophisticated than your average “run of the mill” human being. It’s like the Nazis using the “Aryan” label to elevate…..well bad example.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join