It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I an Indigo Child?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I have stated this before...I do not believe in the "Indigo Child" thing. The description fits many, many people, from "all age" groups....myself included. Do not fall into that old trap of "I'm special" because of blaa, blaa, blaa....it's a stifling thing to fall into.

Rubbish. Believe that you are special, because you are special. There is no one like you anywhere in this entire universe. You are unique in every way and your life experiences, your lessons and your teachings are yours and yours to empart to others.

Why would you want to tell anyone, not to believe they are special?

[edit on 28-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I have discovered myself, or I am beginning to. I am indeed an Indigo. It is very weird. Growing up I always knew I was different from the rest of my peers. I just didn't know what it was. Indigo Child's description matched up perfectly with what I am going through, and what I have been through. It is like everything is falling into place all at once. I am slowly starting to discover my life's purpose.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Rubbish. Believe that you are special, because you are special. There is no one like you anywhere in this entire universe. You are unique in every way and your life experiences, your lessons and your teachings are yours and yours to empart to others.

Why would you want to tell anyone, not to believe they are specal?

Very true too!

Be careful in your soul searching

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Well, I am glad you have chap! I am still bumbling around at 23, ever so slightly pissed off with the world....

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

Sometimes it's easier coming from a friend than a Judge.

Correction: Because it's easier coming from a friend now than a Judge later.

Or your employer.

[edit on 28-3-2005 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I believe that each of us are unique within out own right as a being. I am talking about people "needing" something to fall on to to "think" they are special! A person should know they unique with their own gifts because they "are" a part of the great "all"...not because they think they are some silly "Indigo Child" or Born "gifted"...we are all gifted in one way or another, we are all part of the great! That dear "indigo Child" was the gist of it...got it!?

[edit on 3/28/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I am getting really confused here...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy
Thanks for the thread link.. I am just wondering now how can I get in touch with other Indigo Children?

Follow the sound of drums on any college campus.

& Now I am wondering if most Indigo Children are highly intelligent? Or just a few?

No comment. This link looks promising though.

www.indigochild.com...

What is an indigo Child?

As a summary, here are the ten attributes that best describe this new kind of child, the Indigo Child (named by those who predicted it).

They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it)

They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.

Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."

They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).

They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.

They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.

They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).

They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.

They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").

They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

So basically...

And everyone else under 40 years old.

Sounds to me like it is simply someone's list of "stuff" they've put out so they can be pompous, a$$e$, and not bother to care about anyone else other than themselves.

Think I'll start a group like that. We can all be self serving, pompous, and walk all over people in the name of being something "different".

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Now Im reading ramble.

Sad.

As I said before, be careful!

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I am getting really confused here...

so sorry to hear that, especially since it's your thread and your question, but to answer your question "Am I an Indigo Child"?

Well you are, if you want to be labelled as such. But ask yourself, what does the label of being an Indigo Child do for you? Will it help you come any closer to what you're seeking?

personally i don't think classifying yourself as an indigo will change or do anything for you, but that's just me.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I am starting to feel like all this negativity is leading to the destruction of mankind. I feel like if we keep implicating these doubts that we are not special, and do nothing to change the world, this world will only become worst.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I believe that each of us are unique within out own right as a being. I am talking about people "needing" something to fall on to to "think" they are special! A person should know they unique with their own gifts because they "are" a part of the great "all"...not because they think they are some silly "Indigo Child" or Born "gifted"...we are all gifted in one way or another, we are all part of the great! That dear "Indigo Child" was the gist of it...got it!?

LadyV, people are born 'gifted' It is a scientific fact. Some are also born with personalities and innate interests. Indigos, real Indigos are born with a stronger connection with god. With a knowingness. God is personal to them.

A child doesn't know the human conventions of what is right or wrong. Yet, an Indigo child will know. He will know what is right and wrong for himself.

As for feeling special. I understand what you mean and I know there are many who claim to be Indigo children, ascended masters, star children, wanderers and are not. Being an Indigo is about being sovereign. That is not the same as wanting to feel special. That is in fact conforming to society. That is when you judge your self-worth by observing others - you become the observed. An Indigo is not the observed - he is the observer.

We all rebel, especially teenagers. We are not rebelling because we need too, we are rebelling because we are conforming with an image or role model or media icon. An Indigo is NOT a conformist. He is completely independent in his/her thinking. All he knows is his/her truth. He/she lives by truth.

They are a centre of positivity. They uplift others. They have an angelic presence. They are needed in these times. However, Indigos are not necessarily born. We can all choose to be Indigo. Yet, how many are ready to make this choice? How many are ready to lead humanity into the next stage of it's evolution?

Who is going to walk the walk?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I believe that each of us are unique within out own right as a being. I am talking about people "needing" something to fall on to to "think" they are special! A person should know they unique with their own gifts because they "are" a part of the great "all"...not because they think they are some silly "Indigo Child" or Born "gifted"...we are all gifted in one way or another, we are all part of the great! That dear "indigo Child" was the gist of it...got it!?

Even though I fit the preamble of being an "Indigo Child", I agree with Lady V in part at least. Everyone has a part to play, it is a matter of finding it.

By its definition, those thinking they are "Indigo's" (in part due to what they read on the net) who then go looking for a slot to put themselves into and then conform to that system rather than the one they where in already are probably not "Indigo's", as they are still following a predefined set of rules and constructs. If you where a real "Indigo", by definition (on their website), you would not fall for that trap.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I am starting to feel like all this negativity is leading to the destruction of mankind.

No.....this is not negativity Why do you feel it's negative if you are not labeled as something?...This is trying to show you the truth. We all have gifts that too many people want to "label". for some odd reason. I heal, I work with herbs and I dream reality, I "feel " others easily......that's "me" while someone else may be better at other things....I cook well, I sing well and draw well....I suck at painting though....we all have things that make us "special" why do you need to label it as something other than what it is...."you". We are all part of the whole....You don't need to be labeled to feel special...you simply are!

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I am 58 years old and I know I am an Indigo Child.
This did not just happen in the last 15 years.
The term "Indigo Child" came into existance in the last 15 years but not the "Indigo's".
We have been on this Earth for a very long time.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
Sounds to me like it is simply someone's list of "stuff" they've put out so they can be pompous, a$$e$, and not bother to care about anyone else other than themselves.

Think I'll start a group like that. We can all be self serving, pompous, and walk all over people in the name of being something "different".

Luckily there's all kinds of recovery programs out there for those that continue to think they're "special, independent, soveriegn, observer entities that grace us with their presence" after they leave their teens.

Here's one: www.alcoholics-anonymous.org...

Another: www.na.org... (Each one fits the profile)

This guy was "special" in 1973.

He was "special" in 1955. (An international phenomenon)

Me? I was special. I got over it.

Nobody fits in. Everybody's special. Everyone is misunderstood. We all sense things nobody else could possibly know. Everyone has a higher calling. Each of us is destined to find God. Write the great American novel. Find our soul mate. Start a revolution.

Most of us turn 25 though.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Most Indigo's i know actualy don't like the label. They don't like ANY labels. Labels are limiting and limits are an affront to them. Still,

It is helpfull in finding your way to occasionally look at the road signs. It's just a word that may help you find others like yourself.

Indigo's are not here to change the world. Indigo's ARE the change that is occurring in the world. They don't have to run out and do a damn thing, they simply need to be who they are.

It doesn't matter if you believe in them or not. All that matters is that you are happy with your own beliefs. Thats what's important.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Bravo!

The other way leads to a "I'm special and you're a bunch of mindless peons" attitude, and a contempt for anyone who disagrees with you.

As Lady V and others have said, the "signs" could apply to just about anyone. It's a "genetic program" and the logic is that if you don't have this "special program" then you aren't worthy of being one of the "elevated ones."

As Lady V and others have said, EVERYone is worthy of "being elevated."

Putting a label (like Indigo Child or Star Child or Born Under The Sign Of Aries) puts you in a little box and never lets you expand beyond that label. It locks you in.

Break out and be yourself, as others have said.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
quote: Originally posted by Indigo_Child

Bravo!

The other way leads to a "I'm special and you're a bunch of mindless peons" attitude, and a contempt for anyone who disagrees with you.

As Lady V and others have said, the "signs" could apply to just about anyone. It's a "genetic program" and the logic is that if you don't have this "special program" then you aren't worthy of being one of the "elevated ones."

As Lady V and others have said, EVERYone is worthy of "being elevated."

Putting a label (like Indigo Child or Star Child or Born Under The Sign Of Aries) puts you in a little box and never lets you expand beyond that label. It locks you in.

Break out and be yourself, as others have said.

Indellkoffer.

What was you trying to say?

I do agree.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I am starting to feel like all this negativity is leading to the destruction of mankind.

No.....this is not negativity Why do you feel it's negative if you are not labeled as something?...This is trying to show you the truth. We all have gifts that too many people want to "label". for some odd reason. I heal, I work with herbs and I dream reality, I "feel " others easily......that's "me" while someone else may be better at other things....I cook well, I sing well and draw well....I suck at painting though....we all have things that make us "special" why do you need to label it as something other than what it is...."you". We are all part of the whole....You don't need to be labeled to feel special...you simply are!

LadyV means well, she is just worried that you are using the label of "Indigo" to cover for insecurity. This is a form of a conformitism. I cannot say if you are or not. I don't think you are. I think you've always been like this. I can say that anyone using any label to feel special, is not dealing with their issues - just covering them up. They are deluding themselves.

The knowing is at a soul level that you are an 'Indigo' but what exactly is an Indigo? And what if you're higher than an Indigo - what if you're an 'ascended master'?

You see these labels will always confuse and will always limit you. Know yourself as a soul on a journey to the source. The only difference between you and Jesus per say, is that Jesus was a mature soul - an ascended soul.

Know that while you are unique, and have your own divine importance(wisdom from my guide) that you are also interconnected with all other souls in this universe and also one with god. There are four areas of a soul's evolution. This forms the four soul personalities:

The self's
The collective
The interconnected
The universal

The self is the soul.
The collective is the role of the soul in society
The interconnected is where the soul feels at one with others
The universal is when the soul merges with all that there is

As soon as you become the sovereign self. You play your role in society with self-assurance, conviction and confidence and become part of the collective. When you see others as souls, and like yourself, all special beings you begin to feel compassion and love. You are then the interconnected self. By feeling compassion and love and giving love selflessly we actualize god and merge into him.

This is what forms a positive society. This is the evolution of society. This is what ascension is for the self and for society. We do it when we fall in love with another. When souls merge into one another - the holy matrimony of the soul(more wisdom from my guide) and we feel god and create life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join