Am I an Indigo Child?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
The knowing is at a soul level that you are an 'Indigo' but what exactly is an Indigo? And what if you're higher than an Indigo - what if you're an 'ascended master'?

What's above ascended master? Cause I'm that. Wait, nevermind I already know.

I'm really not being contrary because I don't get it, but because I do. I swear I do. If only I could properly convey this superior knowledge to my Indigo Child underlings, I would. But the journey is yours my pets.

May the machine elves be kind.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I can understand how at your age, and your current place, the desire to find something to identify with is great. It's perfectly normal. And you can definitely find something within the broad descriptions we have seen here to identify with.

And with a little more soul and internet searching you may find another group that describes itself in a different way that you can also identify with. Sharing common traits with a group of people is good. Most of us have things in common with our friends.

But attaching a label to yourself becuase the others like you have done it kinda limits what you can do. Mentally you will have put yourself into that box, and you may find yourself having a hard time doing something other then what those in the box are doing.

I'm not trying to discourage you from exploring this group. I'm not trying to encourage you to associate yourself with this group either.

Do your thing. If it is similar to what others are doing, cool. But you don't need to attach their label to yourself because of a similarity.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Labels:
Nearly everyone has tried a "label" on at times in their lives.
Especially when they're young. Aren't some of us here kinda
"labeled"? Witch, Christian, Rebel and so forth?

Since "Indigo Child" is a benevolent "label", maybe no harm in trying it on for awhile or identifying with that group?

Sometimes you have to experiment with labels to find out that you really don't need one or to find a comfortable "niche" in life.

Everyone searches for their own identity in various ways.

If Liquid wants to research (and feels something in common with) Indigochildren that is Liquid's perogative I think.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

What's above ascended master? Cause I'm that. Wait, nevermind I already know.

That is why I find such labels to be self-limiting. In new-age talk there is an entire heirarchy of souls. It overcomplicates a very simple truth. That is: I am a soul growing up.

These labels are used just like we use labels for our physical age: baby, toddler, child, teenager, young adult, adult, middle-aged, old, very old.
Likewise there are many labels for the stages of the evolution of the soul.

Do you know what evolution really is? Rememberance.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I've got a label for what your pedaling, and I'll take the warn.

Horse#.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy
I have a few questions that are riddling inside my brain… Please take the time and answer them
First off when I was posting in another thread which I would like you to check out, a member told me I had the descriptions of an Indigo child.
You are what you are. When you begin to label yourself, you fall prey to the doctrine of those labels where your subconscious likely is tainted by your conscious thought.

Never should we seek to compartmentalize ourselves, since this is sure to be influenced by what others tell you and therefore stunt your growth.

My advice is to ignore all of the definitions and inherent abilities that go with same, since, if you are being guided by anything you cannot explain and feel no threat by, then it is necessary to not censor the channel content based on the analysis of others.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
That is why I come to this site. To dilate my mind into a multifarious amount of perspicacity.
Not to be circumscribed of one viewpoint, but to open a path to many viewpoints. I think
many of you elucidated your points so well everything became crystal clear to me. You do this so well it broadens my thought, and my conscious. I do not need such an underprivileged miserable label society gives to make me feel the least bit significant. I find that labeling gives a person limitations, and leads to conformity! How feebleminded I was to accept myself as a label. That makes me ashamed of myself. I guess I “labeled” myself because I was self-conditioned to by society to do so. I am not a Pavlovan dog that will be so easily manipulated, and befuddled by our mainstream society… I actually resent what is in this world, and I am starting to form this great anger in me once again towards society.
I do not fit in, and I don’t really care anymore. I hate what is in this world. I hate it’s sickness. The smell of its rotten flesh polluting the minds of our youth. The taste of its cancerous blood that kills off the masses with its sour taste of starvation. Don’t you love the plutocratic pigs that run your life with the strings of its creation? When I look at the world I see a bunch of broken melodies and unfinished sympathies. There are those who will underscore an element of surprise mixed with an emotional fixation of retribution and murder the countless innocent souls that manifested itself in this great place .
How can we form a juxtaposition and differentiate the good from the evil in our so called fair politics, when the masses of our blind sheep are disinterested, dispassionate, and misinformed? A wise man once said “One need not to be a Caesar, in order to understand Caesar.” Who here sees deranged-plutocratic-terrorist party-masquerading insidiously in our society as admirable forces of good? How much longer shall this sickness and evil reproduce and kill off all our hopes, dreams and inspirations? I don’t know, but I’m sick of it all.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Even though people are ignorant I accept that, I shall not focus on the bad in our society but the good, and Pray to God to help me with my anger, and fustration, like you guys said.. I need to find a positive vent to release this anger and rage, and I have found that
so thanks guys

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I think after tonight, I have formed a new out look on life.
I am discovering my interest, and putting set forth my interest in those subjects, wish me the best of luck
Thanks

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
www.starchild.co.za...

My personal opinion is that telepathic features are holding a new human generation, the future is telepathy. Indigos may be telepathic, it is very easy to individually explore telepathy. Other mental abilities may also be present in a supermind, but real experiences are far away from the fairytales we see on websites of "normal" human beings...

[edit on 29-3-2005 by Vertu]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So are Indigos real?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

So are Indigos real?

Indigos are simply those people who are categorized with their indigo aura. After knowing they have it, they may add abilities to their indigo aura. It is yet a question, that what abilities do indigos have, that others don't.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hey guys sorry for the postings before..
I am not some deranged pyschopathic killer

I was just getting things off my chest, and I don't even really feel that way anymore after venting it out on reading about physics ect and praying to God... so thanks for ALL Your kind words. It has helped me a lot.

[edit on 063131p://222 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Opinions are just that, opinions. I can assure you the one who gave you the advice about the Indigo Children could very well be wrong. All he gave you was....(drum roll please)...his opinion.

Here is an idea that is just as effective as a strangers opinion, go take an Aura test. Lots of them online and most are free. Good luck.

Love and light,

Wupy

Wupy, you were the one that told me I sound like an Indigo.

Like my 15th post or something, Indigochild said "I was one.", which last time checked(according to Vedic phropechy(sp) and time table(s)) as well as most ancient asian religions. Isn't that bad?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Plus, do we really need to end the world over a metaphor about auras Confusious used in his 15 BOOKS(Analects of Confuscious) like 3rd century B.C. stuff. It scares me.
I don't wanna go, EVERYONE WANTS TO CHANGE THE WORLD, and no one is HAPPY with "The way things are", unless they have been misinformed and have bought into "Straussism(Leo Strass)"-basicly a philosphical idoit and Michevalli's "perfect dream for power" in a democracy. The only way ppl believe this is if you don't do your homework.
Reguradless, the site seems like a money one, "Your an Indigo Child, c'mon let's buy crystals and mediate for 3 hours, instead of changing the world."( another reason I don't like "Churches" their "Spin off Businesses".)

Look, just be yourself and be annoyed with me mentioning BSB like a 13 year old, okay?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You cannot really escape labels. Although I see what some are saying "don't label yourself" I think what they are really saying is "don't try to feel special" and masking that by pretending to care. Everyone has a label in society and lives up to their label.

I have talked to very depressed people, who have labelled themselves as a "loser" by believing those who have called them losers and if you try to tell them otherwise, they will react aggresively to you. So, it does not quite make sense to me for anyone to tell you not to label yourself. Better you do it. Then somone else.

A label is simply the suffix you attach to the following truth:

I am

Examples of labels:

I am beautiful
I am ugly
I am popular
I am a loner
I am intelligent
I am dumb

Yes labels are very self-limiting, but the truth is anyone who tells you "don't label yourself" most likely already has many labels for themselves.

You can use a label, because that is how you identify yourself in society. Like everything - there are positive and negative labels.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
[
No Indigo...no one is "pretending" to care....and while we have many labels throughout life...and while we are all special within our own beings, trying to be special by making a label meant to mean you are somehow more than others, is a very bad pit fall to get into, not to mention that the whole "Indigo" thing does not fit properly...I suspect that supposed "indigos" have always been and always will be, within us all, but some people feel the need to feel a little "extra" above others for some odd reason. Insecurity somewhere I would think.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

No Indigo...no one is "pretending" to care....and while we have many labels throughout life...and while we are all special within our own beings, trying to be special by making a label meant to mean you are somehow more than others, is a very bad pit fall to get into, not to mention that the whole "Indigo" thing does not fit properly...I suspect that

So what about the labels within a work force of "senior" and "junior" or within a school "popular" and "not popular" or within academia "intelligent" and "not intelligent" There is always someone who is more than others.
You cannot escape this is a hierarchal society.

I have no problem in saying that Einstein was more advanced than me - because he was. Likewise, people are more "enlightened" than others. Jesus, Buddha and Krishna were enlightened than me. Brad pitt is better looking than me. Arnod Schwaschwarzenegger stronger than me.

This does not make me feel any smaller. As an Indigo, I am more enlightened and positive than others, it does not make me feel bigger. The truth is there ARE people who are extraordinary or special. It's a fact. Why is that hard to accept? Is this your own insecurity?

As soon as we swallow our pride and recognise the greater knowledge, wisdom and ability of another, we can learn from them. That is why there are teachers, is it not? Yes, there are also spiritual teachers.

There will always be someone who you are better than and someone who you are worse than. It's just how things work in any society.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
You cannot really escape labels. Although I see what some are saying "don't label yourself" I think what they are really saying is "don't try to feel special" and masking that by pretending to care. Everyone has a label in society and lives up to their label.
I do not presume to speak for others, but since I was also one who advised him/her away from labels, I feel I must respond to your wrongful charge.

You have actually proven my point with this;

I have talked to very depressed people, who have labelled themselves as a "loser" by believing those who have called them losers and if you try to tell them otherwise, they will react aggresively to you. So, it does not quite make sense to me for anyone to tell you not to label yourself. Better you do it. Then somone else.
although you used it to argue for labels obviously.

The persons you mention having been labeled losers, felt the negative pangs of that particular label, and was effected by same to the extent they were obviously starting to dwell on that notion, ergo the depression. And that is my point. Even if the label is a positive one, that label comes with set parameters and boundaries of definition and can only close the open mind of an individual as they are made to believe they are confined to those parameters and boundaries. The label Indigo child obviously has set parameters also whatever they may be, but it is only a label defining a paranormal ability, it does not mean that definiton is correct.

But you have further proven my point on the string of yours which I just finished reading, where you are taking your friend to task for telling you that you are doing something the wrong way. It obviously has you up in arms as you look to make your case that your way is also quite acceptable. So in essence, you are guilty of doing the same thing here as your friend did by your advice on how to be an Indigo child.

I say once more to the original poster, whatever talents you have, let them loose as long as it is with benevolence in mind that you do so. There are no boundaries, restrictions or labels, for it is impossible to separate all humans and place them into pigeon-hole categories. That would be like telling a versatile and talented instrumentalist that they are a one instrument wonder.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Somwhereinbetween,

I am not giving advice on how to be an Indigo child to Liquid.

As for my friend, I am sure you talking about the 'Healing the wrong way topic" I am not up in arms lol

As for labels. I know they are self-limiting - but the truth is we are limited. We always will be as physical beings. We will be limited by circumstances, by our biology, by the laws of physics, by the laws of society. This is why we use labels. It gives us an identity.

A name is a label. A gender is a label. An age is a label. A profession is a label. A position is a label. As I said, you cannot escape labels. The label of an Indigo Child identifies us for the kind of people we are - the kind of ideologies and philosophies we espouse. We also use this label to meet like-minded people.

If you call yourself a realist - bang - there's a label. If you yourself an optimist - bang - theres a label again. You have a label yourself - "somewhere in between"

So I don't see why there should be any fuss at all over using labels. It is when people become their labels that they begin to limit themselves. That is, a blonde is dumb, therefore I should act dumb. I am Chinese, therefore I should eat noodles.

What about all those Americans labelling themselves as patriots on this forum? It is based on the same principles of becoming a label - I am a patriot, therefore I must defend America, my people and my government.

A label simply identifies which group you belong to. It does not say anything on you as a person and what kind of life you lead. As I said, an Indigo does not have to have lead a hard life, to be an Indigo. They could have been happy and popular. One shoe size does not fit all.

[edit on 29-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join