It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time to live with this Pandemic, not be scared of it.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
Not worth it

Sorry OP

So when is it going to be worth it ?

According to the media this is only going to get worse, so what we just sit around and let the virus run its course? Do you have any idea how long that could be, no sir we cannot wait that long .

We have to put trust back into our people , life is made up of a series of non-stop decisions , and with decisions come risk .

I think its time to to put faith back into society

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Not everybody relies on other people for their inspiration, energy, happiness, whatever.

I'm perfectly happy working from home, not having to spend two nights a week away from my family in a stinking city, spending time with my daughter, no forced social engagements (1st birthday parties for kids I don't know for a start).

Keep your masses of people, I'm happy here

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

So may I ask you what age you are?

you go first.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
Not everybody relies on other people for their inspiration, energy, happiness, whatever.

I'm perfectly happy working from home, not having to spend two nights a week away from my family in a stinking city, spending time with my daughter, no forced social engagements (1st birthday parties for kids I don't know for a start).

Keep your masses of people, I'm happy here

And I'm so happy for your contentment, So what about the rest of the people in the world.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
When the cidiots screw this up for the nation they will flood the rural areas... That's what we're bracing for here. Have had to already chase 2 vehicles off my property.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Suck it up. Stay home and do your bit not to spread this bad boy any further. Then we'll get back to normal quicker.

I'd rather that than a half assed swing at normality while trying to contain a pandemic.

But that's just me
edit on 542020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
When the cidiots screw this up for the nation they will flood the rural areas... That's what we're bracing for here. Have had to already chase 2 vehicles off my property.

Cidiots! I'm stealing that! I'm a rural Aussie and there have already been influxes of this type in sea side villages that are usually summer holiday spots not in a position to cater to 3x population surge.

Cidiots.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
a reply to: Boadicea

Well first of all you understand the lockdowns are necessary ?

Hell no I don't understand that the lockdowns are necessary!!! In fact, I find it abhorrent and unconscionable that we are definitely trampling both natural and enumerated Constitutional rights, pitting groups and individuals against each other, while not just isolating but abandoning many, and otherwise putting people in harm's way for the possibility -- possibility! -- that we can save lives.... and all based upon incomplete, faulty and PROPAGANDIZED data.

Much of what has been ordered, could have been encouraged and promoted, rather than imposed and coerced. Such as requesting and recommending that businesses allow employees the option of working from home/online when and where possible. Or requesting and recommending that restaurants limit their service to takeout and delivery. And then let people decide who they want to patronize and how.

On the other hand, government is entirely within its granted authorities and powers to make necessary and appropriate decisions for those departments and agencies, including government chartered corporations. So by all means, close schools and convert to online classrooms or lessons. Make use of university and college facilities as makeshift triage centers or even hospitals. Cancel large group events and celebrations on public land/facilities. Require private parties hosting large group events and celebrations to provide face masks for everyone, with clear oral and written warnings of the dangers involved. Let people make their own decision.

Above all, educate and inform the people! OSHA and the Dept of Labor could provide written guidance to employers to be provided to employees and posted prominently at the workplace entrance. Government health agencies could make a concerted effort to inform and educate the public. PSAs on radio, television and major social media platforms for example. Text messages in the vein of Amber alerts and Silver alerts. Tell the people how to protect themselves. Tell the people how to prepare themselves if they do become sick. Tell people what to expect if they become sick. Tell the people how to take care of themselves and others. Tell the people what complications to watch for if they become sick. Tell the people what to do if complications do develop. Do they call their family doctor? Go straight to emergency? A designated triage location?

We didn't even consider trying freedom first.

That lockdowns would definitely not be happening if it was just something as mild and of low prevalence as the seasonal flu ?

Of course I don't know that!!!

I have no reason to trust anyone or their conclusions. We have incomplete and faulty data. We have lies, damned lies and statistics. We have an election year with dirty critters propagandizing everything for political gain. (Not to mention they're freaking idiots!) We have profiteers making the most of a crisis. And we have lots of folks that love to tell others what to do at the point of a government gun. Lots of craptastic reasons and motivations for the same end result.

So no, I don't know that.
edit on 5-4-2020 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I was calling out another poster who apparently has special privileges to derail threads with snide one liners and I got deleted.

I posted another comment but decided responsiding wasn’t worth my time. I am actually quite disappointed with the moderator that deleted my post and let the other post stand.

It’s a disgrace

Nothing wrong with your OP I gave you a SnF

edit on 5-4-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

you go first.

54 now your turn

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Boadicea
Nope, all the evidence points to the fact, it is more deadly, I'll get my info from the doctors and epidemiologist thank you very much.

So we're back to some folks being more dead than others... and doctors and epidemiologists told you that???

Believe what you choose.

I choose not to "believe" anything if there is any way to "know" it. I will do my best to distinguish between what I know, what is probable, what is possible, and what is impossible.

Fair enough, the ONLY reason I'm in this conversation is because someone said clearly..the flu is worse..which you "should" agree is nonsense. How can THAT be proven, when solid #s of what it's being compared too, may not be all there, reliable, w.h.y.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

To put it simple: this virus is too contagious and necessite too much health care to let it go unchecked. If it was so, the hospitals would be over crowded and a lot of people would not have basic cares and then die. If we wait and apply the rules for a few more weeks, there is better chance for patients to be saved. Google flatten the curve or check this one

So I've been told. According to incomplete, faulty, and propagandized data. Including projections which have already failed to materialize.

But nothing you said tells me why it's necessary to order and coerce what could be recommended, requested, encouraged, promoted -- in other words, by voluntary measures rather than imposed measures. Voluntary efforts would likewise slow the spread, probably reduce viral load (which seems to be a factor in developing complications) in patients who do contract it, and thus provide patients with complications that better chance to be saved.

An added benefit is that more people would also contract only a mild case of it, increasing herd immunity, and providing better and fuller data for study.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The covid-19 antibody test will determine who can go back to work first, if they want to.

The government is gearing up to make those tests widely available to everyone in the country.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The government is gearing up to make those tests widely available to everyone in the country.

Source?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why not just, you know, test everyone for Covid19?

The president said a month ago that anyone who wants a test can get one.
edit on 5-4-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

The grown up, adult thing to do is to stay at home so we curb the spread of the virus and lessen the impact on hospitals around the country. Period.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

The president says a lot of things that aren't true. It's called lying. He does it regularly.

We have no where near the amount of tests required nationally to gain real metrics on covid 19 in the US. And we won't for a while.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

No #, that's kinda my point.

edit on 5-4-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

To put it simple: this virus is too contagious and necessite too much health care to let it go unchecked. If it was so, the hospitals would be over crowded and a lot of people would not have basic cares and then die. If we wait and apply the rules for a few more weeks, there is better chance for patients to be saved. Google flatten the curve or check this one

So I've been told. According to incomplete, faulty, and propagandized data. Including projections which have already failed to materialize.

But nothing you said tells me why it's necessary to order and coerce what could be recommended, requested, encouraged, promoted -- in other words, by voluntary measures rather than imposed measures. Voluntary efforts would likewise slow the spread, probably reduce viral load (which seems to be a factor in developing complications) in patients who do contract it, and thus provide patients with complications that better chance to be saved.

An added benefit is that more people would also contract only a mild case of it, increasing herd immunity, and providing better and fuller data for study.

Wait, if volontary efforts is the same efforts as we do now (enforced) then, there can be no difference. Did you check the "flatten the curb covid"?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

you go first.

54 now your turn

ty for playing along, I'm 33

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>