It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time to live with this Pandemic, not be scared of it.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Tough for me to live with it when the housing market crashes.

Time for real evidence or Gitmo.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
Nope, all the evidence points to the fact, it is more deadly, I'll get my info from the doctors and epidemiologist thank you very much.

Believe what you choose.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Could you share some evidence please?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Tons of #s out there, for anyone who wants to see, I would oblige but I'm out the door, have to get some groceries for my mother.

Stay safe

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Tons of #s out there, for anyone who wants to see, I would oblige but I'm out the door, have to get some groceries for my mother.

Stay safe

Yeah.exactly the amount of proof I've found looking for over 12 hrs.
ZERO

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I can only offer my personal household experience but I won't because it's anecdotal. I'll offer this much though. Has anyone ever heard of a flu season that has directly killed so many young doctors, nurses, and paramedics aside from influenza 1918?

Because I sure haven't.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Are they even tracking the Flu numbers or are they just adding them into the Covid numbers ?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Fair point do they want people to be blaze enough to give the medics morework to do ?
Five London bus drivers have died from this , news today , the mayor of London says he devastated and it's not surprising . Bus drivers don't die of flu

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It’s easy for people to be all about quarantine while they’re still working. What I’ve noticed is minds change when their job goes away. Maybe everyone should lose their job/business so people don’t just jump to dumbest solution next time. I know numerous essential personnel that aren’t essential in the least bit and tend to be the most adamant about people staying quarantined, yet they go out everyday and spread the virus they’re so worried about.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
I can only offer my personal household experience but I won't because it's anecdotal. I'll offer this much though. Has anyone ever heard of a flu season that has directly killed so many young doctors, nurses, and paramedics aside from influenza 1918?

Because I sure haven't.

I looked for facts on this report that a lot of young doctors and nurses have been killed.

According to the only credible source I could find in the US as of April 2nd only one health professional has died due to corona virus and he was a 60 year old 2 time cancer survivor who had to know the risks he was taking.

Sorry there is a second mentioned in the link but it doesn’t give more details about the second death.

www.google.com...

Please provide some proof to your statement
edit on 5-4-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

In the UK health secretary Hancock stated today in interview with BBC that regrettably seven nurses treating patients have died from coronavirus . Several doctors have died here as well .
If you go in a room with someone who has viral pnumonia you're taking a huge risk . A PPE 100% necessary situation . As far as we know , the 1918 flu caused secondary bacterial pneumonia , much less of a serious risk , except that pandemic viruses are highly infectious anyway. This one is another level up entirely a very tricky situation .

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

I'm surprised you don't get that there is no 'season' for a pandemic ?

Surely you of all people get that concept, ie the 1918 19 pandemic lasted 2 years , winter helped it on but it never receded until the end , and it's grey area how that happened .

Well kinda sorta yes and no... There is definitely a cold and flu season, when lower temperatures, less sunshine, and less humidity contribute to the strength, longevity and prevalence of these viruses. But as one hemisphere reaches the end of their cold and flu season, it's just ramping up in the other hemisphere, so it does not actually end or die off. And, of course, folks travel across the hemispheres and the oceans and the entire world all year round, bringing any bugs with them.

As for Cwm there's no excuse either alot of you should know better

Then skool me. What should I know better?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Nope, all the evidence points to the fact, it is more deadly, I'll get my info from the doctors and epidemiologist thank you very much.

So we're back to some folks being more dead than others... and doctors and epidemiologists told you that???

Believe what you choose.

I choose not to "believe" anything if there is any way to "know" it. I will do my best to distinguish between what I know, what is probable, what is possible, and what is impossible.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Well first of all you understand the lockdowns are necessary ?
That lockdowns would definitely not be happening if it was just something as mild and of low prevalence as the seasonal flu ?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
sigh doing your own thing and ignoring safety measures worked out well for you lot in New York didn't it?

I've posted figures repeatedly on various covid threads showing the annual winter death rates for US and UK. Whilst the death figures for the covid-19 are relatively low at the moment, it is the speed at which it is killing that is the problem and the fact that it has now been discovered there are many thousands of asymptomatic people infecting others.

Biologists have been hard at work studying this latest corona and their discoveries are evolving daily with new information coming to light.

However, one of the biggest problems with containment in the West is the sheer ambivalence and ignorance of population. No-one likes being shut indoors for weeks on end, and now thanks to people that think the rules don't apply to them, we in the UK are probably going to lose the ability to go outside at all with no park visits no jogging etc and this lack of care and selfishness will probably extend the lockdown too

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

So may I ask you what age you are?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

Two weeks without a haircut really getting to you, huh?

I shave my hair chief, you'll have to be more clever than that
edit on 5-4-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

You forgot one.

If you have the ability to work remote.... Mandatory Do It.

Too many companies have a unrelenting desire to force everyone into over-packed call centers and office buildings because they think productivity is higher when you are all squeezed into an office building with 2,000 other people. That is a death trap.

Agreed , if at all possible working remotely would be the intelligent move. but none the less lets get back to work .
edit on 5-4-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Believe what you choose.

Ok so its more deadly, I suspect the only reason it is more deadly is the lack of a vaccine. Hypothetically lets say the Flu doesn't have a vaccine , what would you say then??

And lets say hypothetically they put out the Covid-19 vaccine, what then once its had time to work through the population creating an actual population with the proper anti-bodies ?

But I digress, deadly or not more deadly we cannot simply continue to run and hide from this problem, it is time to face facts.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Then skool me. What should I know better?

To put it simple: this virus is too contagious and necessite too much health care to let it go unchecked. If it was so, the hospitals would be over crowded and a lot of people would not have basic cares and then die. If we wait and apply the rules for a few more weeks, there is better chance for patients to be saved. Google flatten the curve or check this one

www.livescience.com...
edit on 2020 4 5 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join