It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time to live with this Pandemic, not be scared of it.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
All Right, The time is now.

We have all been force fed information on Covid-19 several weeks now, we are all very aware of the dangers of Covid-19 . It is an airborne virus , it is very contagious, it attacks the pulmonary system, it has the very real possibility of being lethal that has been shown in the nearly 70,000 deaths it is apparently responsible for.

Now last I checked grown adults in the USA and most countries on Earth are responsible for themselves and the decisions they make and the over all risk they take, When we walk out our front doors we may ideed die of a falling tree limb, or a stray bullet or even a novel virus of which there are many . None the less we walk out our doors and we live our lives, we work, we produce, we use, we laugh , we love ,we cry, we die and so it is and so it was and so it ever will be. I think it is about time we got back to it , we have all been made aware of the dangers of our current predicament with Covid-19 .

Maintain social distance - CHECK
Keep crouds to an absolute minimum - CHECK
Wear the proper PPE when ever possible - CHECK
Wash hands and sanitize - CHECK
Keep unneeded travel to an absolute minimum - CHECK
If your sick or think you might be sick self quarantine or get tested if possible - CHECK

Here is a link that goes into even more detail - www.google.com...

We must get back to work , but more over we must get back to living our lives as human beings . The mental health and social well being of all human beings is dependent on other human beings and our socializing and working together , it is our reason for living after all . Irreparable damage has been done to the planets economy, but if we keep sitting scared on out hands irreparable damage will be done to society to our minds. We are all Cogs on the great wheel that is life and we have to keep it rotating , the media keeps saying this is going to get worse .? It already is worse, worse has arrived and we cant afford to sit around waiting for more worse to arrive.

We know the dangers , we are all adults who enter into life of our own free will . Now I know someone is gong to say, we cant allow irresponsible people to endanger everyone else. Look we have been told how to be careful, how to be as prudent as we can with all the precautions given out about Covid-19 . Now lets deploy and use this new way of going about life and get back to living it shall we??

Because every day that passes people are becoming more and more restless , And every day that passes the media keeps feeding this frenzy . it may not have occurred to them and the government but people will eventually begin to crack , I dare say it will begin to get really ugly then. So I say it again lets prevent as many deaths as we can using Covid-19 prevention methods , and get back to work .
edit on 5-4-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: mis spell

edit on 5-4-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: mis spell

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

So I say it again lets prevent as many deaths as we can using Covid-19 prevention methods , and get back to work .

The two seem to be mutually exclusive as of the present time.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

What virus?

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I bet if a nationwide poll were taken, we would find that most people would rather take their chances with something that kills fewer individuals than the common flu, than to have their entire life turned upside down.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Americans give high marks to state and local governments for their handling of the fast-moving coronavirus pandemic that has swiftly remade everyday life.
www.usnews.com...

I bet if a nationwide poll were taken, most people would prefer Trump not be president.

Oh, wait. That happened.

edit on 4/5/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I bet if a nationwide poll were taken, we would find that most people would rather take their chances with something that kills fewer individuals than the common flu, than to have their entire life turned upside down.

Why you keep lying bro?

Whatever you think, this is more deadly than the flu.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Really? People who die of coronavirus are deader than people who die of the flu?

Silly me. I thought dead was dead.

Or did you mean that more people die of coronavirus than the flu? Because that's a very different thing which can be proven IF we have correct data. But we don't have correct data. We cannot even trust the flu death numbers, which are often assumed rather than tested and verified. So there is absolutely no way for you, me or the postman to know.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: vonclod

Really? People who die of coronavirus are deader than people who die of the flu?

Silly me. I thought dead was dead.

Or did you mean that more people die of coronavirus than the flu? Because that's a very different thing which can be proven IF we have correct data. But we don't have correct data. We cannot even trust the flu death numbers, which are often assumed rather than tested and verified. So there is absolutely no way for you, me or the postman to know.

Ya, ok, not all the #s are in..why did you not also address CWM, who CLEARLY said..the flu kills more, he doesnt know that at all.

edit on 5-4-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Two weeks without a haircut really getting to you, huh?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes , and get back to who's work ? By example if NHS staff have a problem with their monetary remuneration package guess who they phone ? A call centre in India , fact .

Primark has cancelled their orders in Bangladesh , whose work are they going to sell now ?

The stock exchange , last we heard was having a nosedive. Where they at now ?

The oil wallahs , what do they do ? Cut the supply now or wait till the reserve tanks are full end of may , and then watch the price crash ?

It's a whirl of not working , then again who really likes loads of work to do anyway ?

edit on 5-4-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Polls are as reliable as the current statistics with this virus. The OP is correct in the fact we need to return to daily lives; with the necessary precautions in place.

But I and many members have stated why does Phage only post one liners, or sarcasm? You never actually contribute to the conversation, you just talk down from your “high horse” and point fingers.... you’re pretty close to me writing a rant about it.

Half my post was on topic; apologies in adavance: mods

link   

edit on 5-4-2020 by hombero because: (no reason given)

link   
Not worth it

Sorry OP
edit on 5-4-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Agreed. I saw it as well. Seems to be two tiers: one for the in club members, another for the rest.

a reply to: Isurrender73

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Ya, ok, not all the #s are in..why did you not also address CWM, who CLEARLY said..the flu kills more, he doesnt know that at all.

For a couple reasons.

One, because we have a track record for the flu, and therefore can make an educated guess as to average number of flu deaths per season. We do not have a track record for coronavirus, and not even an idea of the sum total for this season. And according to those averages (last I looked at the estimated/projected numbers), even if we attributed the seeming increase in the number of deaths determined to be by the flu to actually being coronavirus, the flu is still much higher. So at this point, CWM's statement is accurate that the flu has killed more people.

Two, because you decided to use half-truths to attack another poster. And it's neither necessary nor helpful.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

That's right are they still banging on about the flu ?

It's a PANDEMIC ya numpties , not the usual flu !

If there wasn't a loxk down we'd all be I'll at once !

Can you imagine the disaster that would be ?

It d make your annual flu figures look like a paltry insignificance !

Can we stop with the ignorance , you're not fooling anyone !

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

That would be OK other than the fact that it is being pushed as a personal responsibility not to infect others.

"The Masked Lawyer" would make a great new business name.
edit on 5/4/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You forgot one.

If you have the ability to work remote.... Mandatory Do It.

Too many companies have a unrelenting desire to force everyone into over-packed call centers and office buildings because they think productivity is higher when you are all squeezed into an office building with 2,000 other people. That is a death trap.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I'm surprised you don't get that there is no 'season' for a pandemic ?

Surely you of all people get that concept, ie the 1918 19 pandemic lasted 2 years , winter helped it on but it never receeded until the end , and it's grey area how that happened .

As for Cwm there's no excuse either alot of you should know better

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join