It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump suspends all European travel....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me why he had to give a nationally televised speech to announce this?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Iv just been reading about this on the bbc website.

Looking at the country’s listed Ireland isn’t among them either. According to the report (at 2.16 U.K. time) it’s only schengen countries.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Ireland is not part of schengen like the Uk.
edit on 11-3-2020 by Funem because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2020 by Funem because: Spellling

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: carewemust
Seal borders and keep them that way until a Vaccine is developed. In the meantime, test every man, woman, child, and human in between.

Close borders for a year+?

How very authoritarian of you.

It's in keeping with the over reaction we're seeing due to 38 CoronaVirus deaths in the USA over the past 2 months.

So now we should take it seriously because Dear Leader says, even when we should have taken taken it seriously before he said it was not to be taken seriously and the numbers would soon be zero and bungled the entire response by undermining the national and world health community?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Can anyone tell me why he had to give a nationally televised speech to announce this?

Because the country is full of idiots hoarding butt wipes and need to hear that the President has their butt wipe needs covered.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
What was the exclusion for the UK? Was that people, or just goods? I don't think it should be for people.

I believe it's people, if so it's a monumentally stupid move. BawJaws was a bit slow on the uptake and no screenings were done at airports when it was first announced.

Hell one of the cabinet has it, BawJaws has been seen in pics with her yet he isn't getting tested. You can't make this stuff up...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

I’m very serious. It's not a jab at the speech but it seems to me this didn't call for a national presidential announcement.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

It's what Presidents do in times of crisis.
If you haven't noticed, this is a bit of a big deal. He also announced plans intended to ease the financial impact on small businesses/individuals and proposed a suspension of the payroll tax. Definitely worthy of an oval office address.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Speaking Directly to Americans, unfiltered by the Mainstream Media is important.

As we saw in 2009, merely hoping for the best can have disastrous results.

Hope Didn't Work in 2009: www.redstate.com... public-health-emergency

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: elDooberino

Okay, I have no problem with that. I didn't see the speech just heard about the travel ban.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: camain
a reply to: chiefsmom

EU has something called the Shengan Zone, basically its the free flow and travel between all the countries. All of EU and Scandanavia is in it. That said UK just pulled out of the EU. IF they police and control their borders, I think we would still trade. Otherwise I can see us shutting that down too. That said, UK always tried to monitor flow through the tunnels, and by ferry from the rest of EU.

Camain

You know we are still negotiating that and the rest of the Brexit deal?

We're screwed. I don't worry for myself but I could lose a lot of those close to me if this gets bad.

I had a nasty strain of Coronavirus in 2008, I never get ill but was in bed for 2 weeks with this, lost a fair bit of weight and it destroyed my libido for a LONG time afterwards but I've had worse bugs as a kid, as I said, I'm not worried...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

passport stamps are not mandatory in all EU nations.

Isn't the UK separate from the EU now, though?

Honest question... I got tired of hearing about Brexit fifteen minutes after hearing about Brexit.

TheRedneck

On paper only.

The negotiations are underway but this virus is threatening them going ahead.

link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Please read new threads.
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

link   

I’m very serious. It's not a jab at the speech but it seems to me this didn't call for a national presidential announcement.

Serious here too.

He's been criticized for the past few weeks for not taking the virus seriously, so.. speech. Doesn't really matter that much what he said... just that he said it... Even if he doesn't believe what he said.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Right on. Give it a look when you have a chance. Some pretty major steps being taken.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
From new York: what is this ‘scrum’ you speak of?? Is that some kind of UK slang chap !?a reply to: a325nt

scrum
/skrʌm/
Learn to pronounce
noun
RUGBY
an ordered formation of players, used to restart play, in which the forwards of a team form up with arms interlocked and heads down, and push forward against a similar group from the opposing side. The ball is thrown into the scrum and the players try to gain possession of it by kicking it backwards towards their own side.
a set of practices used in agile project management that emphasize daily communication and the flexible reassessment of plans that are carried out in short, iterative phases of work.
verbRUGBY
form or take part in a scrum.
"the two men scrummed down together for University College, Dublin"

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: chiefsmom

As an island, they're still somewhat isolated.

No they are not, that's a silly thing to say...albeit Trumpish....but there you go. Hey you mind even find that the UK will think of scrutinising travellers from the US, where the virus is now in the thousands....catch yourselves on lads FFS!
edit on 11-3-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Doesn't really matter that much what he said... just that he said it... Even if he doesn't believe what he said.

Actually, it kinda does.

That he finally mans up and reassures the country that he is taking action (or so he says) is one thing (and a good thing). But if he is simply talking out his ass, and doesn't implement anything, that is a serious problem.

I'm cynical because I know, and I've seen it from him. He's a Bull#er. About everything.

And this is serious. He has had weeks to prepare and actually listen to people and make informed decisions.
edit on 11-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman

To keep new cases from entering our shores, we will be suspending all travel from Europe to the United States for the next 30 days. The new rules will go into effect Friday at midnight. These restrictions will be adjusted subject to conditions on the ground. There will be exemptions for Americans who have undergone appropriate screenings and these prohibitions will not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo, but various other things as we get approval. Anything coming from Europe to the United States is what we are discussing.

Transcript

From the "clean up crew"...

]

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
lots of people leaving////

might be a good ideal to keep a watch

edit on 11-3-2020 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
What about us going there, would we not be allowed to come back or not even allowed to go.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join