It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump suspends all European travel....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
trump just suspended all European travel/trade for 30 days.....

On news now....will post source once news writes....

Here we go!
edit on 3/11/20 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread ?

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Wed Mar 11 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Just like he did with China... and got called racist for it.

I wonder what the talking point will be this time?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
sorry....just travel....30 days from Friday.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
What was the exclusion for the UK? Was that people, or just goods? I don't think it should be for people.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Yep. I sort of am not at all surprised, and this is why I am very, very glad husband's business cancelled all their travel into and out of EU last week. He was due to go to Germany this month, and I was afraid he'd get stuck over there.

link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

As an island, they're still somewhat isolated.

link   

Wish this would have been done a few weeks ago.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Oh yeah ....

Someone had to be first.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
What’s to stop Europeans from going to Uk and fly to the states? Or uk citizens living in the eu?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Well. . . umm. . . . golly.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
What’s to stop Europeans from going to Uk and fly to the states? Or uk citizens living in the eu?

Normally, they would check origination country to prevent hopscotching. Of course it appears the CDC is incompetent so who knows.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
www.google.com...

Likely for people. NYC scrum travels to London all the time to rub shoulders with other rich criminals.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

EU has something called the Shengan Zone, basically its the free flow and travel between all the countries. All of EU and Scandanavia is in it. That said UK just pulled out of the EU. IF they police and control their borders, I think we would still trade. Otherwise I can see us shutting that down too. That said, UK always tried to monitor flow through the tunnels, and by ferry from the rest of EU.

Camain

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

The restriction applies to anyone from mainland EU, regardless of what airport they are using. You can't just change countries... there's this thing called a "passport"...

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The EU had the chance to avoid this. I think border controls against Italy were brought up when the virus first broke out there, but the rejected that measure internally. Italy was most appreciative, but right now, that means free flow of everything.

Italy tried to enforce a lockdown on their northern region, but word got out ahead of time and people ran. Where they went is anyone's guess.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

What if they are uk citizens living in France go to uk, and fly to the states from there? I get the passport duh 😒 but I am curious how that will play out.
edit on 11-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The EU had the chance to avoid this. I think border controls against Italy were brought up when the virus first broke out there, but the rejected that measure internally. Italy was most appreciative, but right now, that means free flow of everything.

Italy tried to enforce a lockdown on their northern region, but word got out ahead of time and people ran. Where they went is anyone's guess.

Yeah, I have a feeling that is one mistake we won't make... if they decide to lock down a city, it will be fast so nobody can run.

Edit, unless the CDC is in charge that is.
edit on 11-3-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

It may be that the UK closes their borders to the EU soon too.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That would still be state level decision. US troops can't move in the states without the governor's permission, and you wouldn't be able to put a city in lockdown without the military, especially not some of the big midwest ones -- too much sprawl to keep effective control

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Holy schnikeys!! A buddy of mine just texted me about the travel, so of course, I came to ATS to check it out

This is going to be one of the strangest few months in my life - and I'm including those college years with all their artificially twisted reality adventures!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join