It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump suspends all European travel....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

You think this is strange?

I just got done seeing Sarah Palin in a fuzzy blue and pink costume singing "Baby Got Back". After watching even those brief seconds of that ... hearing POTUS suspend all travel to Europe sort of restored a measure of normalcy to my life.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Every country visited is listed on that passport. They wouldn't be allowed to enter the US.

Someone from India that simply passed through an EU airport wouldn't be allowed to enter either. The ban is on anyone coming here via any mainland EU country.

TheRedneck

edit on 3/11/2020 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Really solid overreaction. Maybe we should nuke ourselves next.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Every country visited is listed on that passport.

Not it's not, passport stamps are not mandatory in all EU nations. I haven't had mine stamped in both Italy and England in the past year.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Nah, the next country to declare a corona virus cluster ... they're dead ... unless they're us, of course.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nah, nukes us, I'm tired of the stupid being exhibited over this thing.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Oh, come on... "overreaction"? You have to have a better talking point than that!

Think man! Maybe he's setting up the EU for a Russian take-over! Use your imagination!

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

edit on 11-3-2020 by Motorhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Nah, it's him pandering to stupid people who think this actually does something.

But they're stupid so they'll be happy.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

passport stamps are not mandatory in all EU nations.

Isn't the UK separate from the EU now, though?

Honest question... I got tired of hearing about Brexit fifteen minutes after hearing about Brexit.

TheRedneck

link   

True, no stamps for the EU and UK. My friend just got back from Naples via Prague by the skin of his teeth. There’s nothing stopping him flying on the US now. My wife’s sister and family are in NYC now and will be back in our town by the weekend. Doesn’t make sense really.

link   

Isn't the UK separate from the EU now, though?

They have electronic scans there, the stamp is optional.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: firesnake
True, no stamps for the EU and UK. My friend just got back from Naples via Prague by the skin of his teeth. There’s nothing stopping him flying on the US now. My wife’s sister and family are in NYC now and will be back in our town by the weekend. Doesn’t make sense really.

I hope he tongue kisses everyone he meets and gets this crap over with quicker.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Like a month ago. Its about time.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The boast eventually sinks. The challenge in this case is to let it sink as slow as possible. Everything you can do to slow the rate of water trickling into your boat buys you time for either the disease to run its course at a more measured pace your infrastructure can handle or for a treatment to be found or for a vaccine to be developed. Some or all of those three are mark you're holding on for.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

Just like he did with China... and got called racist for it.

I wonder what the talking point will be this time?

TheRedneck

In an ideal world we should have slowed international travel early on. I can't hold it against any president, and certainly not Trump for the fact we don't live in an ideal world.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This is all staged... the deep state has Trump in a corner.

After POTUS speech.... the MSM made sure that we know Joe Biden is rising in the polls.... and that Joe and Bernie will have a virtual debate because of the coronavirus .... how convenient is that for old Alzheimer Joe...

The MSM said the election will be about the coronavirus....

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The boast eventually sinks. The challenge in this case is to let it sink as slow as possible. Everything you can do to slow the rate of water trickling into your boat buys you time for either the disease to run its course at a more measured pace your infrastructure can handle or for a treatment to be found or for a vaccine to be developed. Some or all of those three are mark you're holding on for.

It's here, stopping travel to another continent isn't going to do squat.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

It may slow the arrival of potentially infected people, fewer extra people to infect others, a few less clusters.

Why do our local infections need extra help?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's here, stopping travel to another continent isn't going to do squat.

And it was going to get here one way or the other.

I'm sure someone could argue we could slow it... But there's no way you keep away a virus with that long of an incubation period.

It was here two or three weeks ago. It will look very different in two to three weeks.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join