It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump suspends all European travel....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman

To keep new cases from entering our shores, we will be suspending all travel from Europe to the United States for the next 30 days. The new rules will go into effect Friday at midnight. These restrictions will be adjusted subject to conditions on the ground. There will be exemptions for Americans who have undergone appropriate screenings and these prohibitions will not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo, but various other things as we get approval. Anything coming from Europe to the United States is what we are discussing.

Transcript

I'm baffled as to why no one here picked up on the bolded. Does that not read as if to include the prohibition of goods also? If I'm reading that correctly, that's going to have significant impact stateside.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

To keep new cases from entering our shores, we will be suspending all travel from Europe to the United States for the next 30 days. The new rules will go into effect Friday at midnight. These restrictions will be adjusted subject to conditions on the ground. There will be exemptions for Americans who have undergone appropriate screenings and these prohibitions will not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo, but various other things as we get approval. Anything coming from Europe to the United States is what we are discussing.

Transcript

I'm baffled as to why no one here picked up on the bolded. Does that not read as if to include the prohibition of goods also? If I'm reading that correctly, that's going to have significant impact stateside.

That's odd because we are being told that coronaviruses can only live on surfaces for up to 3 days..

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

closing borders to all foreigners?

in reality, our job is to protect AMERICANS.

as long as we do not lose our freedoms.
if a mexican was worried about his freedoms in mexico, thats his business not mine.

if we close the border and somne illegal is upset, thats on him, its none of my business because he is an illegal.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   
No too long after, President Trump tweeted a clarification indicating the ban was only for people, not cargo. It has been explained as a snafu by the speech writers.

Personally, I suspect that it got in the speech either because a ban on cargo was considered and dismissed, or the intent was to say cargo would be screened.

twitter.com...

Or, maybe it was an "intentional mistake" intended to rattle the EU...

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   

No too long after, President Trump tweeted a clarification indicating the ban was only for people, not cargo. It has been explained as a snafu by the speech writers.

Personally, I suspect that it got in the speech either because a ban on cargo was considered and dismissed, or the intent was to say cargo would be screened.

twitter.com...

Or, maybe it was an "intentional mistake" intended to rattle the EU...

Thank you for the clarification.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

That's odd because we are being told that coronaviruses can only live on surfaces for up to 3 days.

I can see where you are coming from on that, if it is sea cargo. But air cargo can get from China to the US overnight. Sea cargo probably can make it from UK to US in just a few days too.

I had packages from Shenzhen in motion when Wuhan was at its worst, and they seemed to get held up in US side customs for no given reason. I suspected they were being qued to "age" them a few days.

I hope incoming cargo is being sprayed with disinfectant. 'course, the FedEx driver could recontaminate it anyway. Everything get "quarrentined" in my garage for a few days before I touch it.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: chiefsmom

As an island, they're still somewhat isolated.

Wait till that Island runs out of toilet paper, WWIII starts in aisle 5.
edit on 12/3/2020 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

in 2020 - our status as an archipeligo - no longer confers the protections it used to in many regards

heck - even iceland now has confirmed cases

(post by djz3ro removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Just the House, democrat's 2020 elections and 90% of the American media... Much more important to them than a little bug...

That got me thinking. Remember a thread awhile back where there was the air lift of Americans from china and from that first cruise ship to bring them back to the US? How it got released that Trump did not approve of it? Could this spread of the virus in the US be from the help of the deep state? Trump looked to have the election won, what better way to change that then to put us in the shape we are in now.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I've been checking the figures myself and the current trend is around 6% fatalities to 94% recovered but that's based on global figures so fatalities are likely to be a lot lower in localities with better care provision which makes 3% look like a sound estimate in those better managed areas.
edit on 12/3/2020 by Pilgrum because: grammar malfunction

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

As tests become more widely available, mortality rate will probably go much lower than 3%. That 3.4% estimate from the WHO was only based on those with confirmed cases. If it's true that many show mild to no symptoms, meaning they more than likely don't seek treatment/testing, it skews the results pretty significantly.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: elDooberino

That 6% overall average is based on global officially reported confirmed cases only comparing fatalities to recoveries.
China's current figures using the same method amount to less than 5% as of today so the rest of the world's fatality percentage is higher than that, like around the 7% mark. 3% might turn out to be optimistic based on current numbers unless there are big advances in treatment.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
This issue has proved to fall in line with others.

With little to no critical thinking applied.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
I will gladly accept your sarcasm as a response but I think those doing the unprecedented actions are history scholars...

Are they? What historical basis are they using?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yea... I'm sure people misunderstand my position on this and assume I'm taking an extreme.

I don't think much could have been done... And when I say in an ideal world we could have cut travel, we just know that would devistate fragile industries.

This was going to spread one way or the other.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I heard it last night, but I took it to mean only that people wouldn't be allowed to travel, not necessarily goods.

But businesses should already have been ahead of this. The one my husband worked already suspended all travel anywhere in the world with a mandatory paid two week self-quarantine if you do upon return. Employees doing such a thing are expected to work from home as much as possible, but they cannot return to work for two weeks.

I would imagine other companies have made or are making similar moves.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Not all. Apparently the Uk has a form of covid-19 that he's okay with.
Or is is that they are mostly white and speak english?
Why is the UK the exception?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I don't think much could have been done...

Nope. But now we have extreme overreaction and applause for doing so.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: ketsuko

in 2020 - our status as an archipeligo - no longer confers the protections it used to in many regards

heck - even iceland now has confirmed cases

No, but it makes your borders a bit easier to control should you choose to. That gives you a chance.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join