It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump suspends all European travel....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Frankly, it's quite frightening to watch people applaud the government confining them, mandating behavior and restricting their movement.

But it's a Trump administration ra ra good.

Orange man YAY, so something to that effect.

After awakening from a Mcd and KFC food coma, Martial Law tastes good during a pandumbic.

edit on 11-3-2020 by Liquesence because: code problem. Again. Response not showing.

edit on Wed Mar 11 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix code and entered content for member.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Well if we did not react to unprecedented events...

There's absolutely nothing unprecedented about this, it hasn't even infected or killed as many people as the seasonal flu nor will it.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Hopefully everyone keeps their cool and this blows over as a little bump.

No one is keeping their cool now. This is how a mob works, you're watching in real time but instead of just a localized bunch of loons acting insane this is on the scale of the entire United States.

Frankly, it's quite frightening to watch people applaud the government confining them, mandating behavior and restricting their movement. People should be appalled with themselves.

Well posted sir

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

In my 43 years of life this is unprecedented. I didn’t mention the catalyst to it all. Tit for tat thou. 😋 it’s a big deal however you define it.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

To keep new cases from entering our shores, we will be suspending all travel from Europe to the United States for the next 30 days. The new rules will go into effect Friday at midnight. These restrictions will be adjusted subject to conditions on the ground. There will be exemptions for Americans who have undergone appropriate screenings and these prohibitions will not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo, but various other things as we get approval. Anything coming from Europe to the United States is what we are discussing.

Transcript

link   
Incubation stage is over, it’s all coming out now.

link   

In my 43 years of life this is unprecedented.

The only thing unprecedented is watching 'freedom loving' Americans cheer when their government tells them to do something.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Well that’s a broad stroke. I hear ya Bona Fide bro.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Great , I just can't Stand French Tourists that Cannot Speak Proper English Correctly when Touring the US Countryside........C'est la vie

edit on 11-3-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Well that’s a broad stroke.

Nothing broad about it. Translation of Trump's action:

Government: "You cannot do that."

Stupid People: "It's about time! We need more!"

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Seal borders and keep them that way until a Vaccine is developed. In the meantime, test every man, woman, child, and human in between.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The power of the president is great.
And should be used with caution.

link   
This whole situation is really weird for me and my partner. He is here visiting and is scheduled to fly back to the UK, his home country, on April 28. He's not a permanent resident here yet so he can't stay past that date. We're wondering if he'll be able to fly back, and if so, if he'll ever be able to come back to the USA again. It's all just crazy. I realize the UK is exempt right now but really, how long do people think that's going to last?

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Seal borders and keep them that way until a Vaccine is developed. In the meantime, test every man, woman, child, and human in between.

Papers please?

This is being used. Test people who are ill, but not everyone.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
The power of the president is great.
And should be used with caution.

You should give the White House a call and remind him.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Close borders for a year+?

How very authoritarian of you.

Maybe, I dunno, create a competent national health care crisis plan to deal with it, and listen to health care professionals?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Close borders for a year+?

How very authoritarian of you.

It's in keeping with the over reaction we're seeing due to 38 CoronaVirus deaths in the USA over the past 2 months.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

We live in a world of polarities. Everything is either too extreme, or not extreme enough.

This issue has proved to fall in line with others.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

How can you post such a claim and have NO source for it in your post?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I get your drift, the virus is no big deal, and it has some sinister flair to it. Closing the borders to the eu is part of the flair. All Americans are not stupid, but that’s not the point. I have a feeling your not a scholar of history, you looking at what in front of you but not ahead of you. I will gladly accept your sarcasm as a response but I think those doing the unprecedented actions are history scholars yet giving you the benefit of the doubt we do have the elements of chance that I am wrong, and even you. Again bona fide. 👍

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join