It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Notice that government workers are fully suited up in hazmat gear when they are in contact with someone that is just suspected of having the corona virus. They know more than we do.

That may just be SOP for that sort of flight with -any- sort of outbreak. Government and military is fairly rigid when it comes to action plans.

The only good news I suppose, is that now we are past 14 days after the first case in the U.S. - and we've only had one close quarters transmission, person to person. And 14 days was the supposed max - the onset average I think was around 4.5 or do days. But perhaps symptoms are mild enough so they are not popping up yet. I still think in around 10 more days tops, we'll know exactly how bad (or not) this will be. Still it's a good thing that we are still at such a low number - we'll see if it holds.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
This thread is moving too faST.

sOME PEOPLE ARE WASTING SPACE CHATTING ABOUT OTHER THINGS, INSTEAD OF THE actual numbers being infected.

Can we try to just keep to the facts of the virus! News sources and text from that?

Maybe if you want to have long conversation, go to 'chat' forum.

Its just very tiring thread, trying to read the important stats with all the other posts!

If you just want to see numbers go to bno news, don't need a thread with people just posting the same numbers over and over again.

What most of us find interesting is different opinions about what' really happening, probably because it's like old ATS before it turned into US politics only.

You might not believe this but there's a whole world outside the US of A (in fact the vast majority of people on earth live there), and a whole universe of topics outside of US politics.
edit on -06:0020204America/ChicagoThu, 06 Feb 2020 08:20:39 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0220 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I'm saying they won't know for sure why they're seeing what they're seeing until they get boots on the ground for first hand accounts.

China is doing what it's doing. I have no doubt it's very bad over there, but again, what we're currently observing in this disease from the cases we directly have isn't matching what we're seeing.

So what all the hell is going on over there? This seems extreme for them as compared to what we have.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
~~~ this Post is not an UPdate~~~

this Post is about just what the presently referred to 'corona-virus' ...will be Officially Named

my first idea would be to name this engineered Virus -> Pale Horse Virus (obviously referencing the Pale horse of Death)

but that 'horse' reference would be too confusing as the Coronavirus of today has a Batvirus association to its presence =>
so I thought that a 'Bat theme' would be spot-on...…......….. how about the Official Name of the Wu-virus strain be associated with the batman realm ---> Dark Knight virus

perhaps we could set up a crowd source campaign to plug that Name for the corona-strain > Dark Knight

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: Tukota

originally posted by: Pommer89
a reply to: Power_Semi

Completely agree we should be closing schools and unis

My husband and son said the very same thing this morning. A lot of the suspected cases seem to be coming from universities here in the states. Why not shut down for two weeks, disinfect the buildings, have the students work online, and give this some time.

I don't think 2 weeks will be enough - 3 months at least. Maybe 4.

I'm going shopping for more tinned food (and toilet rols
)

Not enough as well.. 3 or 4 years at least... For the moment I've been collecting tons of beer on my attic for the next few hundred weeks... Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

sOME PEOPLE ARE WASTING SPACE CHATTING ABOUT OTHER THINGS, INSTEAD OF THE actual numbers being infected.

Can we try to just keep to the facts of the virus! News sources and text from that?

Its just very tiring thread, trying to read the important stats with all the other posts!

A little late for that...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngelsDecay

originally posted by: Tukota

originally posted by: Pommer89
a reply to: Power_Semi

Completely agree we should be closing schools and unis

My husband and son said the very same thing this morning. A lot of the suspected cases seem to be coming from universities here in the states. Why not shut down for two weeks, disinfect the buildings, have the students work online, and give this some time.

I don't think 2 weeks will be enough - 3 months at least. Maybe 4.

I'm going shopping for more tinned food (and toilet rols
)

Not enough as well.. 3 or 4 years at least... For the moment I've been collecting tons of beer on my attic for the next few hundred weeks... Peace

You're lying - if you'd collected enough beer for 3 or 4 years in your attic the house would have fallen down.

Either it's in your cellar or you're tea total and have 5 million bags of Earl Grey in your loft.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Also by the way, I think it's hilarious anyone would use the stock market as an indicator of anything. It is smoke and mirrors right now. Their companies are on extended vacations, and a ton of their production is shut down. China pumping 173 billion back into their economy is hardly a good indicator that everyone is "fine." The fact they even had to do that means everything is -far- from fine. The bottom could easily fall out quickly if they don't recover fast.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AngelsDecay

Twenty 28 days later and your out of beer and have a monster hangover lol

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Also by the way, I think it's hilarious anyone would use the stock market as an indicator of anything. It is smoke and mirrors right now. Their companies are on extended vacations, and a ton of their production is shut down. China pumping 173 billion back into their economy is hardly a good indicator that everyone is "fine." The fact they even had to do that means everything is -far- from fine. The bottom could easily fall out quickly if they don't recover fast.

funny that you think it's hilarious someone would use the market as an indicator when you just did exactly that yourself and I quote...

China pumping 173 billion back into their economy is hardly a good indicator that everyone is "fine."

not to smart of you is it?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
RAW or FAKE TRUTH FROM CHINA NOW!

Getting the story of any citizen journalists out of Wuhan is tough, not too many make it through. Just the thoughts and experiences of someone near the epicenter.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28
a reply to: AngelsDecay

Twenty 28 days later and your out of beer and have a monster hangover lol

If I find out where he lives he'll be out of beer 28 minutes later.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

funny that you think it's hilarious someone would use the market as an indicator when you just did exactly that yourself and I quote...

China pumping 173 billion back into their economy is hardly a good indicator that everyone is "fine."

Let me clarify - I think it's foolish to use the current artificially boosted state of the market as some sort of indicator that it means everything is OK. Obviously it isn't, or they would not have done that. That's the largest injection of cash since 2004. So why would you use an artificially created situation as "proof" that there is nothing wrong?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

If you just want to see numbers go to bno news, don't need a thread with people just posting the same numbers over and over again.

What most of us find interesting is different opinions about what' really happening, probably because it's like old ATS before it turned into US politics only.

You might not believe this but there's a whole world outside the US of A (in fact the vast majority of people on earth live there), and a whole universe of topics outside of US politics.

My sentiments. I enjoy reading about people’s personal connections to this event. For me this is how I piece the story along with what is presented by the government. I take in the whole package and then my make my assessment. Troubling times are ahead I am afraid. In the south, we have something called Mardi Gras....if this keep going south, let’s just say it may not be prudent to go to such an event.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Let me clarify - I think it's foolish to use the current artificially boosted state of the market as some sort of indicator that it means everything is OK. Obviously it isn't, or they would not have done that. That's the largest injection of cash since 2004. So why would you use an artificially created situation as "proof" that there is nothing wrong?

YOU are using the liquidity injections as an indicator that things aren't ok

YOU ARE USING THE MARKET AS AN INDICATOR

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JSpader

My sentiments. I enjoy reading about people’s personal connections to this event. For me this is how I piece the story along with what is presented by the government. I take in the whole package and then my make my assessment. Troubling times are ahead I am afraid. In the south, we have something called Mardi Gras....if this keep going south, let’s just say it may not be prudent to go to such an event.

Yea.. I mean, you have a great chance of infection at Mardi Gras -without- there being a Corona virus! : )

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
The numbers just "officially" hit over 200 confirmed cases outside of Mainland China (BNO News: bnonews.com...)

Without more details on this number 'outside of China', it doesn't mean much.

How many of these are Chinese natives, how many are not, what are the conditions of each?

It is still looking like this hits native Chinese much, much harder. It is weird, strange, and very bad, especially for them, but if it does, why?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Unconfirmed but wanted to share - a colleague of mine has a friend working in an NJ hospital and claims their hospital is hiding a confirmed case of nCov-2019. Trying to get clarification and some validity so as of now just take that as an unconfirmed and unsubstantiated claim.

I think we can easily come to the conclusion that there ARE confirmed cases outside of China that are not being shared with the public, however to what extent we can only speculate

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Great subject to bring.

I'm in the hated oil industry (even though it is the largest traded commodity on this planet)...with that I had to learn and certified via Texas A&M duel freshwater and wastewater management.Called a CWP/Dual. Fracking requires water and run off.

How waste water works in the US (mostly Texas I am speaking as my experience).

First, the sewage be it factory or residential, usually sits in a liquor pond or is immediately sucked into a processing unit eg. Houston,tx.

The matter (liquor) is ariated (AR basin) treated and small matter falls. Then the AR basin spills into a clarifier slowly, treated again. Sludge is measured about ever 4 hours.

The clarifier, slowly spills out to a basin trough. The last step is a series of UV lights before it hits a river or stream. Three government bodies review all the testing which is all recorded.

In processing, 24/7 must be monitored, tested, reviewed by certified and licensed personnel.

Don't take for granted you gas prices, much more than most realize go into producing just one piece of the process.

In answer, wastewater in Texas and US is clean in the right closed circuits.

mg

edit on 02415353America/Chicago06_8America/Chicagoam by missed_gear because: spelling, on phone

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm saying they won't know for sure why they're seeing what they're seeing until they get boots on the ground for first hand accounts.

I get that.

All I said was that the government knows more than we do. They do.
The people out there saying that this is just another 'flu bug', well.... our government doesn't seem to think so.

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join