It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Despite the repeated postings of 2 people in particular here who seem more interested in gloating about their own imagined superiority of knowledge and intelligence and telling us how this is nothing "because it hasn't spread much outside China"...

...As others of us have been saying it's because we're in the early stages compared to China.

We now have a 3rd confirmed case in the UK (again in York) and as predicted it's one of the tens of thousands of students who are at UK universities.

Does anyone not think it prudent to shut down universities and schools and order students to self isolate wherever they are living right now, rather than keep bringing infected people into contact with everyone else?

The cruise ships have already shown that keeping people in close contact with an infected person spreads it rapidly - so we're doing...... nothing and letting them keep inter-mingling together.

My own daughter is at uni right now with thousands of other students and no one is doing a damned thing to take control.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravinski
Hi there ATS community!
But I haven't read anything about water supply contamination.
Our tapwater is normally of a very high quality, but what happens if the virus should arrive here?
What is happening to the water supply in Wuhan?
Can they still drink tap-water?
Can they shower?
Can they brush their teeth with tap water?
Can they flush their toilet safely?
So my big question is: How safe is our tapwater when the virus arrives and we need to be quarantined?
Ravinski

That is a VERY GOOD question. I'm glad you brought it up. I read on here that the virus is transmitted through fecal matter. If cities' water departments don't have implimented methods of killing this virus, (which, how could they - it's too new?), what's to prevent it from being spread that way?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: ARM1968

originally posted by: that1lurker
a reply to: weirdguy

I've seen lots of discussion on different sites about Prof.Zhengli's study. It was a study on the virus that was published right before it started infecting a lot of people in Wuhan. I can provide a link where it talks about it. I think it may also have the full text link there, too.

Anyways from the way it sounds, the bad pneumonia cases and deaths are from people being reinfected with the virus, which may explain why it took a while for people to become deathly ill from the virus and why some people recover. I'm not entirely sure if thats correct and you may have very well answered this already. Antibody-dependent enhancement is what people are referring too. I'm guessing this may have been discussed here already. Just curious as to what you think and if you were already aware of it.

Have heard anecdotal reports of rapid reinfection which is not good, as first time round your immune system gets pretty much bombed. So it would make sense. It also makes the threat that much greater. Not a great prospect if it turns out to actually be the case.

It's more likely that the virus and the reaction to it from your immune system completely strips the epithelial cells out of your respiratory tract. They are an important part of your body's defenses against disease, and as deep down into your lungs as this thing gets, you are wide open to all kinds of secondary infections.

That's how people appear to get better and then crash and die quickly afterward. It isn't that this thing is AIDS or that the cellular mechanism (white blood cells and stuff) has been compromised, it's like the skin in their lungs that's normally there providing a barrier to disease is gone and not yet regrown. This is also how so many burn patients die -- the skin is gone or has been compromised enough it can't keep out the germs like it normally does.

Think of it like a barrier and that barrier is gone.

They're dying of bacterial infections.

Indeed you could be correct. However, do you know for certain that people are not being reinfected? Obviously you don’t, none of us do, so I’ll take your clear explanation and go with that until solid proof pops up to counter it. Thanks. Appreciated.
edit on 6-2-2020 by ARM1968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

originally posted by: Necrose

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: AutomateThis1

The fact MSM is telling us to tone down the antiglobalization rhetoric is both confusing and disturbing as Pandora’s box might’ve just been opened...

You've been on ATS long enough to know that Pandora's box has been supposedly opened here dozens of times, yet we're still somehow alive and posting here, so statistically speaking, the chances of this event being THE ONE, are really abysmal.

This kind of rhetoric is also not needed. Just because we haven't had a worldwide pandemic which wiped everyone out before does not mean we could never have one. It's extremism like this AND on the other side of the coin that is definitely not needed in this thread. What you're saying is akin to me saying that since I haven't died of a heart attack during any of my 58 years, I never will. That is false logic.

It's a bit like playing Russian roulette - "you've played Russian roulette enough times to know that the bullet is hardly ever in the chamber, and so since I've survived this long I'll survive forever - click - bang - Christopher Walken blows his brains out.

The End.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

But they don't 100% know why. Is it all this one bugger or is it this bugger added in with other complications? We can't see that on satellite image, only that many are dying.

If they aren't taking sufficient steps to reduce secondary infection deaths, then that will make it seem worse than it is, for example.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Completely agree we should be closing schools and unis

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
#Wuhan nurse: doctors and nurses are dead. Nobody on duty. #coronavirus

I don't like passing on this video, it is too important to ignore if it is true. I have seen other videos of doors getting welded shut, buildings and bus stations on fire in Wuhan. We know the official numbers are a poor substitute, censorship is strong, reporting poor and test kits lacking. The hospital staff have been on the front line of this since it started, over worked and under resourced.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
Can someone find the total number being quarantined here in the US?

I am having a hard time finding info on the exact number. It seems that the pe is le that were sent to the military bases, which includes the 1,200 from a week or so ago have not been mentioned in a while.

We are getting mixed, if any numbers on how many are quarantined here in Illinois

I feel that maybe our government and media is not being as transparent as they are leading out to be. Would they really tell us if people start to die here? I'm not to confident that we are getting the story as it is happening.

This is mainly aimed at those who are talking about all of the speculation and lack of facts.

I completely agree and would like to see daily updates each morning. Cleared, confirmed, under quarantine, new suspected cases, etc. It feels like you have to hunt down information about what is happening.
edit on 6/2/2020 by Tukota because: posted without adding my reply.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

Let's just say that once your immune system develops antibodies for a disease, you're good. This thing would have to be mutating like crazy to avoid detection. You're talking Captain Tripps level.

And it's not AIDS just because a small sequence of proteins looked the same.

You and I likely share similar amounts of our DNA proteins, but that doesn't in any way mean we're related.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Thanks for posting that sequence chart, you can see how the 4 insert sequences are incomplete rendering them inconclusive. Insert doesn't mean they were put there artificially though, they quite often happen naturally. Their updated paper should be an interesting read for sure.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

It's gonna happen anywhere the medical apparatus gets overwhelmed, and it will push up death tolls.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I'm curious. I am under the impression that with viruses, once you recover your body has built up antibodies and you can't be reinfeced by the same virus. Isn't this the purpose of vaccines?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JSpader

a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

TP will be the least of your problems if this gets worse. Dry goods, water, and means to defend should be a priority. I would also grab bleach and some rubbing alcohol. And of courses some masks and goggles.

You don't have to worry about that. It's covered already. Toilet paper will be one of the things I use just like everything else you mentioned. That's why I always have it all on hand. Even before this virus thingie showed up.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
#Wuhan nurse: doctors and nurses are dead. Nobody on duty. #coronavirus

I don't like passing on this video, it is too important to ignore if it is true. I have seen other videos of doors getting welded shut, buildings and bus stations on fire in Wuhan. We know the official numbers are a poor substitute, censorship is strong, reporting poor and test kits lacking. The hospital staff have been on the front line of this since it started, over worked and under resourced.

This is a very intriguing video. Another nugget that the nurse says:

"There are not any beds. Once someone gets a bed, they will not vacate it for 1-2 MONTHS "

If beds are occupied for 1-2 months (even if they recover), thousands will die just waiting for a bed. FWIW, I had factored a bed occupancy time of 3 weeks into my analysis. If its 2 months, then we will not be able to deal with this. Medical Infrastructure will crumble, even in the US.
edit on 2/6/2020 by tennisdawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pommer89

My husband and son said the very same thing this morning. A lot of the suspected cases seem to be coming from universities here in the states. Why not shut down for two weeks, disinfect the buildings, have the students work online, and give this some time.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: RubyRogue
I'm curious. I am under the impression that with viruses, once you recover your body has built up antibodies and you can't be reinfeced by the same virus. Isn't this the purpose of vaccines?

It's like the flu - every year you need to have a new flu shot for the new strain of flu (although there are usually loadsof them so it's hit and miss).

So you could get this strain of this virus, it mutates, and then you get ill with the next one.

etc.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota

originally posted by: Pommer89

My husband and son said the very same thing this morning. A lot of the suspected cases seem to be coming from universities here in the states. Why not shut down for two weeks, disinfect the buildings, have the students work online, and give this some time.

I don't think 2 weeks will be enough - 3 months at least. Maybe 4.

I'm going shopping for more tinned food (and toilet rols
)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOcean
Maybe you should take a step back and take a look at what you’re doing before you discredit this site even more.

Maybe most of us don't need countless users repeatedly telling us this. It does tend to get old. The people who are really panicking are probably not even sitting in front of their computers at this time. They're probably out digging a bomb shelter and buying up 50 cases of Spam. The people posting in this thread, for the most part, are not in "panic mode." But I'm sure they probably hate being accused of it over and over. Why are you here reading a thread about a global virus if there's nothing to get concerned about? That seems a little disengenouous.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: butcherguy

But they don't 100% know why. Is it all this one bugger or is it this bugger added in with other complications? We can't see that on satellite image, only that many are dying.

If they aren't taking sufficient steps to reduce secondary infection deaths, then that will make it seem worse than it is, for example.

Satellite imaging is just one facet of intelligence gathering. HUMINT and ELINT get information from inside of buildings.... even the information going from computer to computer and radio/telephone transmissions.
We have seen videos purported to have been made in China, of people dropping dead in the streets and we have people here poo-pooing them here, saying that they may be from somewhere else or that the people dying may not have had the virus.
If we have satellite photos of dead bodies in the streets or soldiers shooting people that are suspected of having the virus.... then our government knows that too.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This thread is moving too faST.

sOME PEOPLE ARE WASTING SPACE CHATTING ABOUT OTHER THINGS, INSTEAD OF THE actual numbers being infected.

Can we try to just keep to the facts of the virus! News sources and text from that?

Maybe if you want to have long conversation, go to 'chat' forum.

Its just very tiring thread, trying to read the important stats with all the other posts!

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join