It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: musicismagic

Wash your hands for 20 minutes

I've never heard of such a thing but in this case better safe than sorry! Thanks for the update

I would wash my hands normally then disinfect them with either hand sanitizer or water mixed with chlorine bleach at the CDC recommended proportions.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

I've gone over this one too.

If you get sick from this, there are two windows for recovery. The first is within the first 7 days of symptoms, and those people won't even go to the hospital and get tested. After that, if you get sick enough to go to the hospital and get tested, if it's going to kill you, *that* will happen faster than if you are going to hang on and recover. So death totals are going to go up faster than recovery totals.

And they aren't releasing people until they test virus free (so they say).

So two factors to consider, if you have lots of really sick people coming in, you want to test them as a higher priority then testing people who seem to have recovered. And there are limited test kits.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
a reply to: weirdguy

They used a HIV based inert pseudovirus and it was given bioluminescent gene (luciferase)from a firefly and the spike protein from SARS. They used the pseudovirus to observe how the SARS spike protein attaches to ACE2 cells via the bioluminescent gene it carried. The study had nothing to do with trying to make Bat coronavirus infectious to humans.

So why are you so quick to write off the recent India study that found HIV code on the spike protein of a Corina virus if this has been going on for years? Since 2008 at least.

With all the other problems in reporting this event do you think it is a valid question? Or is it just easier to not think and just do as we are told?

The report you're referring to was withdrawn by the authors and I addressed this on page 76. The 4 insert proteins were very small and unspecific, they could have come from anywhere.

From the authors of the paper,

This is a preliminary study. Considering the grave situation, it was shared in BioRxiv as soon as possible to have creative discussion on the fast evolution of SARS-like corona viruses.

It was not our intention to feed into the conspiracy theories and no such claims are made here. While we appreciate the criticisms and comments provided by scientific colleagues at BioRxiv forum and elsewhere, the story has been differently interpreted and shared by social media and news platforms. We have positively received all criticisms and comments.

To avoid further misinterpretation and confusions world-over, we have decided to withdraw the current version of the preprint and will get back with a revised version after reanalysis, addressing the comments and concerns. Thank you to all who contributed in this open-review process.
: Authors of the Manuscript

The website that the study was submitted to warns,

A reminder: these are preliminary reports that have not been peer-reviewed. They should not be regarded as conclusive, guide clinical practice/health-related behavior, or be reported in news media as established information.

Here is a link to the paper, www.biorxiv.org...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Good afternoon all!

Here are the latest figures from WuFlu.Live

Confirmed: 28394
Deaths: 566
Recovered: 1373

Rev

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pommer89
UK suspected case in york "woman marched out of house and put in van"

www.dailymail.co.uk... ession=true

Notice that government workers are fully suited up in hazmat gear when they are in contact with someone that is just suspected of having the corona virus.
They know more than we do.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Pommer89

Add that to the solar minimum cycle that’s started and should give a 1° (Ish) drop over the next 50 years and trimming the herd (so to speak sorry),would give longer too implement climate control measures , just throwing it out there ... strange how it started after davos though ... hmmmm

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1questioner

This analysis has more technical information regarding the possibility 2019-nCOV is man-made. For those who are interested, links for the source material are provided by the authors.
Analysis

Ouch... Got a strong case there.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
FangCang Hospital video with subtitles

Twitter

A few translation errors in this. There’s a bunch of hospitals with this name so not sure which city this is.

Basically the guy is saying he has orders that if you enter hospital you can’t ever leave. Hospital is one large quarantine building.

Watch what they do.

In other words, they hold you until you die or recover. No treatment at all.
I wouldn't want to go there.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JSpader

Lol, please no more Frankenstein graphs 🤷🏽‍♂️

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
15th for Australia

Novel coronavirus alert
6 February 2020
There has been a fifth confirmed case of novel coronavirus in Queensland.

The 37 year old woman, a Chinese national, is currently isolated in the Gold Coast University Hospital (GCUH).

The woman is travelling in the same tour group as the previously confirmed cases – a 44 year old man, a 42 year old woman, a 37 year old man and an 8 year old boy.

All five people who have been confirmed to have novel coronavirus are stable.

The four others from the same tour group remain in isolation in GCUH.
www.health.qld.gov.au...

edit on 6-2-2020 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Not sure, but given that they have limited test kits, I am sure it's less than the actual numbers. I don't know by how much though.

Right now, current estimates suggest this is a close contact spreader meaning if you walk by someone on the street who has it, you have less to worry about than if you are stuck in a confined space with said person or use a public restroom after that person and touch a common surface then touch your own eyes or nose.

Someone bringing it home to the family is more likely to give it to their family members than they are to casually pass it to people they pass on the streets.

This is why you see it in closely packed populations, in places where people are touching each other, where there is poor sanitation, in families, etc. Hello, this is life in a lot of China. It's why we've been able to mostly keep a lid on it in other countries through vigilance and quarantine.

So I can see why it's spreading in China, but I don't see why it's been so much of an apparent problem there given what we've observed in the cases that have escaped China. Many of those have been fairly mild with observation only. So either the rest of the world has gotten very, very lucky in the cases we've seen or there are other factors at play exacerbating cases in China that we don't know about.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Pommer89
UK suspected case in york "woman marched out of house and put in van"

www.dailymail.co.uk... ession=true

Notice that government workers are fully suited up in hazmat gear when they are in contact with someone that is just suspected of having the corona virus.
They know more than we do.

You don't take chances with something that has put most of a country on lockdown like it has China. You don't want it getting out if you can help it, and the last thing you need is it infecting your health apparatus. So you take all precautions.

At this point, I'm not 100% sure they know much more about it than the rest of us do when it comes to how it behaves.

You're assuming the Chinese have been forthcoming behind the scenes, and they've just now started to get desperate enough to open up.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

So what is more statically insignificant. A level 4 bio lab that has a history of breaches or

It is good to hear the India team is clarifying their findings. Looking forward to there update.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Tukota

Last thing we need in the middle of an outbreak is no coffee people running around without underwear 😂😂

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

3rd confirmed uk

I said to myself last week 5 confirmed and I'll be going into hiding for few weeks
edit on 6-2-2020 by Pommer89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This is a fascinating and informative interview with a doctor on the front lines in Wuhan. He describes the progression of symptoms, the limitations of the facilities and his efforts to convince the higher ups of the seriousness of what he and his colleagues were dealing with.

outline.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The proper way to rebut anyone that brings up, "the common flu kills far more people", is to point out that what they are engaging in is a classic "whataboutism"

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think they know more than we do about how many people are actually dying over there.
Our government has access to spy satellites and HUMINT that we don't.
They know far more than we do.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: AutomateThis1

The fact MSM is telling us to tone down the antiglobalization rhetoric is both confusing and disturbing as Pandora’s box might’ve just been opened...

You've been on ATS long enough to know that Pandora's box has been supposedly opened here dozens of times, yet we're still somehow alive and posting here, so statistically speaking, the chances of this event being THE ONE, are really abysmal.

This kind of rhetoric is also not needed. Just because we haven't had a worldwide pandemic which wiped everyone out before does not mean we could never have one. It's extremism like this AND on the other side of the coin that is definitely not needed in this thread. What you're saying is akin to me saying that since I haven't died of a heart attack during any of my 58 years, I never will. That is false logic.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This whole thing is starting to look eerily similar to the Event 201 scenario. 30,000 confirmed infected in initial 3 months, 10% death rate, up to 50% hospitalization rate, spread between close contacts, then it started doubling every week at about 3-4 months in the wild because it was as contagious as the flu. Luckily it’s not as deadly as SARS, good thing we got rid of that similarity.

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join