It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 186
<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

What is the largest passenger helicopter ( USA military use) that is available in Okinawa?

May be the MV-22 Osprey (can fly vertically or horizontally).

Passenger capacity is 32 men when loaded on the floor, per Wikipedia.

ETA: The Air Force also has HH-60 helicopters (8 to 12 passengers) in Japan. Notably (again according to Wikipedia),

while the HH-60G Pave Hawk's core mission is recovery of personnel under hostile conditions, including combat search and rescue.

That phrase might apply to chaotic conditions should they emerge.

Cheers
edit on 9-2-2020 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pommer89
Also was trying to find new cases of flu outbreaks in the uk I found this

www.gov.uk...

Report on 6th February relating to last 7 days reports 39 new cases of acute respiratory outbreaks 5 tested positive for influenza and 1 for RSV. I'm probably thinking over all this to much but is it possible people are being told they have the flu instead of coronavirus?

I've been considering this too. Heard of many cases in UK and USA, all over the world actually where people are dying from flu, even specific cases where they had just returned from holiday. Perfect time of year to hide nCoV numbers this way, but then people will just be dying of flu too, so hard to spot. Would need to check against previous years, but also other causes of death could be used such as various organ failure or pneumonia to hide the numbers even better.

Very worrying, and based on current MSM reporting and the government line, I would not be at all surprised if they are doing this.
edit on 9-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: typo

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

What is the largest passenger helicopter ( USA military use) that is available in Okinawa?

May be the MV-22 Osprey (can fly vertically or horizontally).

Passenger capacity is 32 men when loaded on the floor, per Wikipedia.

ETA: The Air Force also has HH-60 helicopters (8 to 12 passengers) in Japan. Notably (again according to Wikipedia),

while the HH-60G Pave Hawk's core mission is recovery of personnel under hostile conditions, including combat search and rescue.

That phrase might apply to chaotic conditions should they emerge.

Cheers

Thanks for the quick response .
I wonder if its possible to track their where about in Japan.
like their travel plans?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   
China may have inadvertently disclosed that the mortality rate (CFR) is actually 17%

www.naturalnews.com...

Basically, they said 18% of cases become severe to critical, and then gave survival rates for severe and critical, which allows calculation of 17% CFR.

Also, some analysis of testing and false negatives reveals that there's 70-50% chance of getting a false negative test result

www.yicai.com...

"For patients who are really infected with the new type of coronavirus, there are only The positive rate is 30% to 50%"

Excuse the translation.

This means that you'd need to test someone 13 times to be 99% sure they are negative. You could also argue 99% is not enough with the sheer number of cases. Test 20 times for 99.9% certainty.

Posted this last night, but thought I should do so again for this timezone audience.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

If we look at the current death to recovery ratio, 28% of infected cases that have passed the complete data point have been reported as deceased, 72% have been reported as recovered. If we trust those "official" numbers the more practical mortality rate is around 30% with the data we have right now. We are still waiting for all the other infected to become valid data by either recovering or dying.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   

There are people on this site who may know which URLs to look at for the flight information. Try sending a PM to Zaphod58.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
4th case in england

www.sowetanlive.co.za...

www.express.co.uk...
edit on 9-2-2020 by Pommer89 because: Another link

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow
Fair enough. Why has this thread slowed down so much?

It sure doesn’t help when China has is conducting a true black out on this story. Insane how they are treating this when it’s something that can affect every human on this planet .

Wouldn’t a global response be human kinds best response right now ?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

There are people on this site who may know which URLs to look at for the flight information. Try sending a PM to Zaphod58.

Cheers

Thanks I'll PM

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow
Fair enough. Why has this thread slowed down so much?

It sure doesn’t help when China has is conducting a true black out on this story. Insane how they are treating this when it’s something that can affect every human on this planet .

Wouldn’t a global response be human kinds best response right now ?

I don't know if America has reporters there in China, but Japanese TV has a reporter in Beijing and posting . Maybe the blackout is just in America for some reason, but here, we get real time and facts on reporting in what is allowed. Even the 1000 bed campments (indoor) are on tv. The beds are all full and they (patients ) are complaining about the toilets.
Also showing are the deserted streets.

People say that some people are going back to work, well, they just must mean govt. employees like doctors and health care worker and whomever. But what news is coming in, it all looks like a ghost town everywhere.
Food is scarce at the moment and its winter time there also. I don't think the living conditions at present are so comfortable.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Really this is a side story in the USA . It’s an election year so all our news want to report on are politics .

Most Americans won’t care about something happening on the other side of the world until it’s in their back yard .

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I don't suppose any members here subscribe to 'The Sunday Times' newspaper do they? It flashed up on the BBC news website the headlines of all todays newspapers, and the times had a story entitled 'UK faces 'major' outbreak, warns top virus expert', but the newspaper is a paid subscription type.

I found this title quite alarming, and a sure fire way to cause panic at this stage. I would love to see what the whole article says.

Does anyone subscribe and can post snippets of the article?

BBC page showing various paper headlines including the times one saying UK faces 'major' outbreak, warns top virus expert'

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
[thumb]fu5e400972.jpg[/thumb

3000 Chinese stranded in Bali. 2-9-2020

Flights from Indonesia to China have been suspended.

edit on 0200000050362020-02-09T07:36:50-06:00365002am7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

but I understand that China maybe arranging to get them back to China.
edit on 0200000046412020-02-09T07:41:46-06:00414602am7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

Really this is a side story in the USA . It’s an election year so all our news want to report on are politics .

Most Americans won’t care about something happening on the other side of the world until it’s in their back yard .

We honestly can't tell, from the state of ATS it's been an election season for a number of years now... at least in the UK it's died down but I really feel for USA.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28
a reply to: ketsuko

I get what your saying, put measles in to the same perspective, It used to kill many people,

Pure, unadulterated BS.

Far-monger, much?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck
I found this if it's any help it's from yapoo.:

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck

I could access the article through Apple News which removes the paywall for some articles. Here’s the piece;

UK faces ‘major’ coronavirus outbreak, warns world expert New disease is greater threat than ebola and could overwhelm NHS.
February 9 2020, The Sunday Times.

Britain could suffer a “major outbreak” of the coronavirus, which is likely to become a pandemic, according to the microbiologist who co-discovered ebola and the presence of Aids in Africa. Professor Peter Piot, director of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, said he was “increasingly alarmed” by the rapid spread of the virus and the “huge” number of cases emerging daily. Almost 35,000 people in at least 28 countries have been infected, with 3,500 new cases yesterday. Among them were five Britons, including a boy aged nine, in the ski resort of Contamines-Montjoie in the French Alps, bringing the total number of cases involving UK citizens to seven. The global death toll climbed to 811. The virus poses more danger than ebola, Piot said: “It’s a greater threat because of the mode of transmission.

The potential for spread is much, much higher.” He said that even with a low death rate, “if the number of people who get infected is huge, then that will also kill a number of people”. Ministers have ordered a “no-deal style” emergency plan amid fears that China will shut down for months, leaving Britain without goods that are manufactured there. An uptick in cases could also overwhelm the NHS, said Piot, a former under-secretary-general of the UN who led the worldwide fight against Aids: “You know how already overburdened the NHS is and if you’ve got a sudden major rise in cases of pneumonia or milder respiratory infections . . . The NHS can hardly cope with the normal situation.” The outbreak is unlikely to peak until the end of this month or in March, he said. A vaccine is also “unlikely” before the outbreak ends, he added. There is no cure.

His warning came as it emerged that China has snubbed offers of help from America and others. Privately, Chinese doctors say they are growing desperate for outside expertise. A disturbing report on 138 patients in Wuhan, the centre of the virus, revealed turmoil with some so-called “super-spreaders” wreaking havoc. One patient infected at least 10 health workers and four other patients. The World Health Organisation (WHO) considers the crisis to be an epidemic. If it declares the outbreak as a pandemic, meaning a new disease that is spreading globally, it would be the first in more than a decade. Britain may not escape a surge in infections, Piot said: “In today’s world, no epidemic remains just a local affair. What happens thousands and thousands of miles from here in China has the potential of causing a major outbreak here.”

Last night about 200 Britons were on a chartered flight from Wuhan. They will be quarantined for two weeks in Milton Keynes. So far, 686 people have been tested in the UK, with all but three negative. Tomorrow the tests will be extended nationwide, enabling 1,000 results a day. Piot said a “big unknown” is the number of people infected but displaying no symptoms. The outbreak looks far more like the spread of H1N1, or swine flu, the last pandemic, than Sars, he said. He gave qualified praise to China for showing “far more openness” than during the Sars epidemic, even if local authorities could have reacted much earlier. The WHO last night warned that “trolls and conspiracy theories” were undermining its response to the virus. Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, its director-general, said misinformation was “making the work of our heroic workers even harder”. @AndrewGregory Discover more from The Times Download our app Visit our website Times Expert Traveller

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

Ah, thank you. Looks like the article is talking about the same 'expert'

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg
19% of cases end up as critical or dead.... and this is using the fudged numbers from ccp. very scary.

Ahem...

That figure is a lie.

If it was true, then 19% of the cases involving non-native Chinese that were transferred outside China would have resulted in critical or dead.

Are you saying that is the case?

If not, then please evaluate the stats we have (admittedly not much) properly and in context.

This is the main reason I now firmly believe that whatever is killing everyone in china - and no, I am not denying what is going on over there, it is catastrophic, and I weep for the chinese people - is not the WuFlu.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: firesnake

Briliant! Thank you! I have Apple devices. Is Apple news free? Or do I need to activate it or something? I need educating on my devices. I hardly ever use them.

new topics

top topics

<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join