It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 189
<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Hong Kong has recorded three more new cases of the Wuhan virus, an official said on Sunday, stressing that the new cases highlight the difficulty of identifying those with the coronavirus.

Two of the new cases are members of the same family, a grandmother and grandson, who had a barbecue and hotpot dinner with 17 other family members during the Lunar New Year holiday.

Preliminary test results for seven other relatives have also returned positive, and testing is continuing with two other family members who had showed mild flu-like symptoms.

The Head of the Communicable Disease branch of the Centre for Health Protection, Chuang Shuk-kwan, says the latest case shows how hard it can be to detect people with the Wuhan virus.

"From this family cluster we know that many of them do not have obvious symptoms, and some of them did not seek medical attention.

"So obviously some of them can still go to work or because of very mild symptoms they think they're OK. So it's just like influenza. It's very difficult to pick up all those with mild symptoms and isolate them in the hospital and chase all those contacts," said Chuang.

source

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Another couple days of nothing burger outbreaks overseas and I’ll probably agree with you. I still can’t shake the lab connection and maybe the WuFlu AND something else were released.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Most effective is running hot water and soap

Washing it away is going be be more cost effective than a massive stack of expensive wipes

Exactly, thanks for saying this. And it doesn't contribute to the massive amounts of antibiotics being unnecessarily dumped into our water supplies and environment.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Rich Z
Can anyone explain to me based of the data which we know. Why we wont be in the same position that China is in,in about five weeks time?

Because the numbers simply don''t support such a thing.

This has been ongoing for months - since November, possibly even October according to some - and if there were going to be exponential increases of infections outside mainland china, we'd be well into that right now, with thousands of cases, and percentages of deaths and/or serious complications.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
To be honest think we CANT make our minds with the China numbers we all know the political line they all follow

Im more concern about news coming out of Singapore think the hard cover on the news is not that bad as China and numbers will be more trustable

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Is this a true believable source?

The Crematorium story links back to Chinese by Liberty Times Net . This is the first time I have come across this source. For a Chinese media outlet to publish fake news like this in such a time is a grave risk with all the censorship that has been going on.

I would not be surprised to find this is closer to the truth than what the official wuflu numbers has been reporting. I would not be surprised if the situation is actually worst and this reporting is trying to ease the public into the severity of the problem. Whatever the reality is, its got to be bad to shut down a county like China.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Taiwan news outlet. Very safe from the CCP. Usually they have sources spread across China so their info is usually good with a sprinkling of informed speculation.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Optimal
Do you think it's rational for you to expect the rest of the world to instantly make up a month and a half defecit in progression in just barely two weeks that have passed?

Where did you get the '2 week' figure?

I've seen numerous reports that this started in October, or at a minimum, November.

Are the numbers of cases outside china, that were transmitted outside china, in ny way look like they are increasing exponentially?

Not to me. And still zero deaths (and few if any serious complications) of non-native chinese speaks, in my language, volumes.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

It's also possible that there are measures China is taking to contain this that may be making it worse.

I've also speculated that there may be a factor in China exacerbating this, something that does not exist in other places, like the poor air quality, the higher number of smokers in China, or something similar.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: OldLightHouse

Thanks for the ground level view in Asia.

Hope your family in China is well and has no infection.

My wife has lots of family in Chengdu as well but we are both in US with our kids.

Everything you posted lines up with what her family and our friends have told us. It also matches much of what I read on WeChat.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Here are the latest figures from WuFlu.Live:

Confirmed: 37607
Deaths: 815
Recovered: 2929

Rev

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

Another couple days of nothing burger outbreaks overseas and I’ll probably agree with you. I still can’t shake the lab connection and maybe the WuFlu AND something else were released.

I know. One other thing I actually do worry about, is, what of there is some kind of secondary 'payload', where this could spread all over the world (with a similar death rate as the regular flu and the vast majority outside china not even knowing they had it), then months later, the secondary payload could hit, with a much more lethal result.

I don't fear this is what will happen, but in the back of my head, there is the possibility.
edit on 9-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Must be a mistake from BNO I just copy and post there info. If is does not say BNO on the post and theirs numbers, its coming out of china at about 2:30 PST.

edit on 9-2-2020 by Joeshiloh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's also possible that there are measures China is taking to contain this that may be making it worse.

Assuming you meant worse for those in China, I totally agree.

I've also speculated that there may be a factor in China exacerbating this, something that does not exist in other places, like the poor air quality, the higher number of smokers in China, or something similar.

100% agreed...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pommer89
Why do you think the mass under reporting is only applicable to the numbers inside china?

Because it would be much much harder to do the same for the rest of the world.

Not saying there couldn't be some fudging going on, but if there was a huge discrepancy, we'd know it.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Joeshiloh
a reply to: Agit8dChop
bnonews.com...

There are currently 34,878 confirmed cases worldwide,

The link says 37,593 - 99.1% of which are in mainland china, 99.999% of which are in the Hubei province (includes WuHan).

including 724 fatalities.

Link says 813, 100% of which are native chinese, and all but two occurring inside China (96% inside Hubei province), the other two, one in HK and one in Philippines, both native chinese who recently left china.

Why the discrepancy in the stats?

I think it is simply a function of numbers. So few infected outside of China that they can receive the best medical care in each area. Start hitting the numbers in Wuhan and the story will likely be different. That’s my assessment anyway.

link   
a reply to: OldLightHouse

Conclusion This whole thing is totally mind blowingly batSh&t crazy. Simply astounding and I can’t believe what is currently transpiring the country I’ve called home for close to a decade. Incredible. The quarantine, the complete shutdown of China (just think about that for one second), the government’s chaotic response, the war of information on social media, the deaths of so many and everything else I failed to mention. SIMPLY MIND BOGGLING. I’ll post more when more information comes to light or when something else comes to mind.

link   

originally posted by: Joeshiloh
Must be a mistake from BNO I just copy and post there info.

No worries, it was my mistake - I just realized when I clocked the link, I was seeing numbers for NOW, but your post was much earlier...

Sorry...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Just one site

wuflu.live...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

How long ago did the international numbers start increasing globally outside of China? What was the date that, let's say, 30-50 global cases were reached?

top topics

<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join