It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Do you think it's rational for you to expect the rest of the world to instantly make up a month and a half defecit in progression in just barely two weeks that have passed? Obviously rhetorical. Just want to remind you that you need to keep the extended time to progression ratio in mind here. You can't expect a marathon runner who started a race 30 minutes ago to be where the other runner is who started 3 hours ago.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Again, it's still possible that they were studying these at that lab. Think about it.

China knows they have the resident virus for SARS. They know what critters it lives in and that it's only a matter of time before it breaks out again. That is a very legit reason to want to study it and try to develop a countermeasure/vaccine against it if possible.

When you are doing that kind of research, your in-lab strains of pathogens are going to go through all kinds of iterations, both more and less deadly, as part of the necessary research and testing process. You have to know if what you're doing works/will work.

And none of what was going on has to be any kind of bio-weapon.

If this is a lab escapee and not simply mother nature which is still also possible, then this could just be a tragic accident - a lab strain designed to test something that broke out by accident or even a strain designed to test a potential modification on the road toward a vaccine strain not ready for prime time.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravinski

Nice, thanks for the update! I have a question; Can they still use tapwater safely? To drink? To take a shower? To brush their teeth? To use their toilet? Or are they depending in bottled water? What does their government say about tapwater use?

Hope you have Some info on this!

Tap water is not safe to drink, never have been. Bottled water has always been the way to go. Some of the older generation folks still just boil tap water though and then drink - becoming less and less common.

There is no contamination in the water. No warnings of any kind.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
Bodies piling up, Hubei Province funeral home workers pushed to near collapse as cremation centers burn HUNDREDS of bodies per day

A bombshell story published in Chinese by Liberty Times Net reveals that just one funeral home is “cremating 316 bodies per day” as its workers are driven to total exhaustion with just two hours of sleep per day.

Note that the 316 bodies per day is from just one funeral home. That’s nowhere near the actual total of bodies being cremated in the region, of course. Another funeral home in the region, the “Hankou Funeral Home,” is documented to have the capacity to cremate 576 bodies per day all by itself.

We do not yet know how many cremation centers are operating in the Hubei Province, where the Wuhan city resides, but just from these two, the cremation capacity is nearly 900 bodies per day, and even then the bodies are piling up. From these facts we can deduce that the actual death rate in the region most likely exceeds 900 bodies per day.

To get a more accurate death toll, looking at what is exactly happening at the crematoriums is a good start.

From a past posts, it was estimated that about 200 bodies a day where cremated on an average day for a city the size of Wuhan, previous to the infection. Wuhan has about 5 to 7 main crematoriums from recollection. So could be looking at 2000-3000 deaths per day as a rough estimate at this stage. Compared to the recovery rate it leaves about 10% of survival. With something this deadly it makes sense to shut down a city.

I know there is a lot of debate and uncertainty of just what the fatality rate actually is. For now I am personally preparing myself for something around the 50% rate with all that I have seen. 15% is possible and a low mark for now, 90% is also possibility for the high end. Access to good support, medication and care seams to help. It is going to take a while for all the long term data to come in and get verified. For now the 2% figure is about as good as Adam Schiff.

One thing to add when looking at the crematorium data is how all burials are now banned from what I can gather. This will add some workload to to crematorium from other causes of death. Trying to get a rough idea to it all.

Is this a true believable source?

If so, we are facing the biggest and deadliest virus since Spanish Flu.

I wonder if in other Country's, we can contain it? Before it gets out of hand like in China!

Hopefully, of course, this site is just rumours with no concrete proof.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
3 more cases in singapore bringing total to 43, non of which have any known links to previous cases or travel history to China. 2 moree are in critical condition bringing total to 6.
I fear the next outbreak is about to come in Singapore

www.thestar.com.my...

www.straitstimes.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
An idea, and I stress just an idea, as I strongly feel nobody but China knows whats going on here yet.

What if what ever this virus is, it becomes more deadly the more times people contract it? It started in Dec, possibly even late Nov in China, so people there may be on round 2, or maybe even round 3 of catching it. The rest of the world, on the other hand is still in the very early, 1st go round stage

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Just like anything, you can only do so much with a virus to change what it is.

They're very tiny and can only carry so much RNA/DNA/genetic material. Every characteristic you give it packs in more and makes it bigger and less easy to spread.

Not even HIV infects more than a specific type of cell. Its insidiousness is in its ability to avoid detection by the immune system it destroys.

Even common viruses can mutate to cause symptoms you wouldn't believe they could. Spanish Flu could go hemorrhagic in some of its victims. But it was still the flu, and it still infected the cells an influenza virus would.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OldLightHouse

Thanks allot for your reply! So it’s still safe for them to use it for showering/brushing teeth. Do can we assume that this Corona virus is not contaminating the water supplies?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: OldLightHouse

The SHTF in China.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

If Wuhan has 11,000,000 people, and they are all getting sick and during this precise 2 month period, you're looking at 55,000 dead people with a 2% death total from just this alone. That's assuming this carries a 2% mortality. We don't know that. Things may actually be worse in Wuhan as the source of the outbreak. Sources tend to be deadlier.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: Adphil28
a reply to: Pommer89

Wouldn’t put much faith in phe U.K. tbh, government mouth piece as well, as seen on their statement about the bus drivers driving the evacuated and their “catch it, bin it, kill it” bs(don’t get me wrong that’s always good advice but regarding coronavirus, not so much!)

That was pure negligence

I’m now completely ignoring anything they say it’s been nothing but false and lies

Now they’re taking those people from Wuhan and putting them next to a dense population of houses, if it’s not lvl4 bio lab standard then we have a huge outbreak coming

I live in MK and my mother in law works so close to the conference centre I could LITERALLY throw a stone from the campus to their holding area

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: GoldGlobal

What if you just have 11,000,000 people in just the city of Wuhan alone who have the potential to get sick, and as this is a novel infection, no one carries even partial immunity to this, so everyone is getting it all at once in massive wave of sick people, and everyone this is going to kill are dying all at once in massive wave of dead people.

You do not need to have a super high mortality or a mysterious super bug to create what we are seeing. You just need something that makes a lot of people very, very sick all at once and kills its victims all at once. It doesn't even have to have a super mortality for there to be a large pile of bodies.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravinski

Yeah the water is safe. The virus is not in the water.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Woman fighting with a knife against forced quarentine

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joeshiloh
a reply to: Agit8dChop
bnonews.com...

There are currently 34,878 confirmed cases worldwide,

The link says 37,593 - 99.1% of which are in mainland china, 99.999% of which are in the Hubei province (includes WuHan).

including 724 fatalities.

Link says 813, 100% of which are native chinese, and all but two occurring inside China (96% inside Hubei province), the other two, one in HK and one in Philippines, both native chinese who recently left china.

Why the discrepancy in the stats?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

“For those patients who have been cured, there is a likelihood of a relapse,” Zhan Qingyuan, the director of pneumonia prevention and treatment at the China-Japan Friendship Hospital, said during a Friday press conference.

“The antibody will be generated,” he added. “However, in certain individuals, the antibody cannot last that long.”

Which could mean every 2nd or 3rd infection a person gets, 'could' possibly be worse, hence the more severe symptoms & even deaths in China

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Those who said we might see a new China out of this, I hope you’re right, I really do.

That would be the only silver lining for the chinese people that I can see coming out of this ongoing tragedy.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Not even HIV infects more than a specific type of cell. Its insidiousness is in its ability to avoid detection by the immune system it destroys.

It seems like I have read more medical papers in the last few days than I ever thought I would in my lifetime. Now it's left me curious.

Although it's not the flu or HIV, how would a gene like Hla-b27 and hla-b57 work in this instance, I wonder.

I was reading a study about how some think it's a double edged sword that can have a natural immunity to The Flu and HIV but cause autoimmune diseases.

I'm still learning this science stuff.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: GoldGlobal

If this is a corona virus, we're talking about the common cold or something that circulates like the common cold. We constantly get re-infected with it too. There are plenty of strains of corona virus that commonly circulate every year along with rhinovirus and influenza.

This is on its way to becoming a new one.

It's going to take a few months ... like 8 or 9 even with a crappy immune system ... for those new antibodies to completely leave your system.

I'm afraid we're all going to have to live with this bug. The trick is to avoid living with it at a pandemic level like we're seeing in China. The trick is to keep this thing at a trickle so that people can receive appropriate supportive care like they do with the flu. It will take its toll. Maybe someone comes up with a therapy that helps most of us get through the worst, but eventually, it will settle into the environment, and we'll all have a new seasonal antagonist to live with.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks for info - although I have seen co-workers catch a cold & then 2 weeks later they've caught another. But you don't feel people in China could already be getting infected a 2nd time yet?

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join