It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 183
<< 180  181  182    184  185  186 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
This is why you want to stock up/prep while you still can:

Shoppers at all NTUC FairPrice outlets will only be allowed to buy four packs of paper products, two bags of rice and four bundle packs of instant noodles per customer from Sunday (Feb 9).

www.channelnewsasia.com...

Hehe

Now whose stupid

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: whatisanameanyway

originally posted by: tlearyus
The John Hopkins data is showing only 400 new infections today.

It seems that they use UTC time for the graph. It is only 6.5 hours into "Today" when you posted this, so that's 400 reported in that time, not 400 over the last 24 hours.

Thanks forgot about the GMT-5 timezone. However the graph isn't even showing the same number as their current live total which is 37.5k so it's not calculating with the same data or doesn't refresh at the same rate?

John Hopkins Dashboard
edit on 9-2-2020 by tlearyus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: FredT
a reply to: celltypespecific

So based on firsthand reports it seems they are spraying thier version of Super Sani-Cloth® Germicidal Disposable Wipe and spraying it which seems a dubious way to go about it IMHO but may point to the levels of desperation they are at

We use it int he hospital and its harsh stuff and it will kill this virus but only on a wet surface that soaks for 2 minutes

I'm not sure it works that way or perhaps they are using something new. Ill bet in 10 years we will see some sort of odd cancer spike in that area from this

pdihc.com...

Yeah, this has been bothering me. Just how effective are those little handi-wipe disinfectant wipes we are being advised to use? Seems to me that if they were strong enough to kill most bacteria and virus in 5 seconds use, they would also be strong enough to eat your skin away. Yeah, I use them too, but I think it's just a placebo "feel good" thing.

Most effective is running hot water and soap

Washing it away is going be be more cost effective than a massive stack of expensive wipes

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

Can anyone explain to me based of the data which we know. Why we wont be in the same position that China is in,in about five weeks time? Because when one person has been spreading it why shouldn't It run the same way and reach the same intensity, especially in population centers with the same density.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Coronavirus and increased SO2 over Wuhan (please help to confirm) by Dr Paul Cottrell

Another possible source for the SO2 is from animal burnings as well. With H5N1 also breaking out and reports of an order to kill all pets to limit transmission, it is reasonable to suspect it is a source for at least some of the SO2 concentrations. This can signify for a possible human death toll is in the 10's - 100's thousands.

Chen #QiuShi's place not sealed, but police says he and entire community are quarantined. Pt. 1+2

This story has already been posted before, but from a different angle. Official word of Chen QiuShi's detainment has reached his parents, details are light. One of his friends Xu XiaoDong has released some of the details of the arrest that was made. He has released these details in hopes that public pressure will provide him some security against official abuse.

Chen QiuShi has not received the same level of public support that Dr Li Wenliang was provided for speaking up about the dangers of the situation. Both of these men have demonstrated strong moral character by speaking against an authoritarian culture fearful of the truth.

While the exact condition of Chen is unknown at this time, thanks Bro.
edit on 9-2-2020 by kwakakev because: grammer

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

A couple of reasons.

We knew about it way before it reached a critical mass here. The Chicom government clamped down to prevent panic but it did not work.

Even while flights were flying they were taking some measures to prevent spread by an albeit iffy taking temperature method at both arrival and departure.

Evaced expats are being quarantined to rule out infection

The numbers are low enough for the health care system to absorb.

Despite claims even here on ATS that we are over reacting, its EXACTLY the over reaction that helps prevent the spread.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I hope you are right.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Outside China the virus already looks like it’s a foot hold in Japan , and looks tbh under control ( relatively speaking in the rest of the world, USA hasn’t updated all week and 12 I don’t believe! but aside from that all it takes is one infected person ( as proven by the guy in France news.sky.com... ) who doesn’t know they have it and are asymptomatic to be in a crowed place , subway, football game, concert etc the one in France was in a chalet in the alps, imagine if he been somewhere like a concert instead???
edit on 9-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I checked around and can't find confirmation that there are lots of pig or chicken farms near Wuhan. I assume there would be as Hubei does have many farms.

I don't think that we'd see those concentrations in that spot if they were burning animals. Those concentrations would be further out and away from the city where most farms are located in that province. I've been to Wuhan and Hubei many times.

From the videos released all the mass pig and chicken culling appear to be in the south but I've not followed that too closely coz nCOV obviously and having family and friends over there.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Another bright moment for NZ leadership. Only a few suspected cases and only a few days late
www.newshub.co.nz...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

I hope you are right.

You and me both. If not Ill be on the front line since we are a designated center for this kind of stuff

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

originally posted by: MetalThunder
From Daily Mail , Feb 8 ,2020
Eighty -six people die of coronavirus in a DAY in China as Beijing begins mass arrest of sufferers and videos shows hazmat suit-clad goons dragging people from their homes as the death toll hits 724

On Friday it was revealed that China's central government ordered Wuhan to round up all suspected patients as well as their close contacts in mass quarantine camps.....

Ms Sun demanded four types of people in Wuhan be put into mandatory isolation in quarantine stations: confirmed cases, suspected cases, people who have close contact with the former two, and those who have fever.

She later instructed all levels of officials to treat the fight of the outbreak as the 'most important and urgent mission' in another briefing.

'There must be a 24-hour shift pattern. During the wartime condition, there must be no deserters, otherwise they will be forever nailed onto the pillar of historical shame', Ms Sun said, according to state broadcaster .....

What are the chances the Daily Mail is getting some of their news from ATS?

Just curious because it seems like a lot of their news directly reflects what people are reporting before it hits the news.

Just thinking out loud.

It's been suggested before, and there has been evidence that reporters from various media outlets do come here to get information. I recall seeing an OP a long time ago with a user showing proof that info was lifted from here word for word. When I get caught up I'll see if I can find it and pm you the link.

I think it's because we have intelligent people here and despite the tangents people tend to go off on I still find this place more reliable than Dreddit, because we bounce ideas off each other and do our research.

Whereas on Dreddit and Twittle people are more likely to believe fake news and just post cruddy one liners trying to get upvotes.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
Another bright moment for NZ leadership. Only a few suspected cases and only a few days late
www.newshub.co.nz...

Jesus 385 people? Are people in NZ generally compliant enough to 'Self Isolate" ?????

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Ive been on ATS a long time and its happened before. I suspect you may see a few link if it started getting worse.

Alot of the linkage however comes from our rather top notch Aviation forum

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   
There are currently 37,575 confirmed cases worldwide, including 813 fatalities.
Last update: 9 February 2020 at 2:36 a.m. ET

6 new cases of coronavirus on cruise ship near Tokyo, raising ship's total to 70.

bnonews.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I know...and I doubt those asked to self quarentine have stocked up so,they have been shopping.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow
Please,don't believe those numbers man.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Just reporting the propaganda numbers. It's important to keep track so when/if the day ever comes we learn the real truth we'll be able to reflect/compare.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Fair enough. Why has this thread slowed down so much?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   

That ship is a lab of sorts, to see how quickly the virus spreads. I wonder if it is another case of limited testing capacity and that there are many more on board who are ill but their state is not confirmed.

Cheers

top topics

<< 180  181  182    184  185  186 >>

join