It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
All the same things my family and friends in Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Tianjin all said before they were officially on lockdown.

That's all I am basically saying - "not yet".
I've already begging family members over there to get out while its still "not yet".

link   
a reply to: checkmeout

I think for most this is going to be a head cold or bronchitis type disease. 1-3 weeks of symptoms with 1 week of no symptom sharing the infection. Some people get lucky, the immune system correctly selects the correct antigen to target. Others may not even get it due to innate defenses. Then there are the people who have the infection and get rid of it with no symptoms at all while shedding virus. All of these patients are why it’s going to keep spreading.

I really believe that the only populations at major risk are immunosuppressed, immunocompromised and those with major underlying issues like Type 2 Diabetes that is unmanaged, congestive heart failure, COPD, very old populations and very young populations. Yes there will be unlucky patients who get the severe inflammatory and respiratory syndromes and we will have patients who need to be hospitalized with pneumonia.

People will die in higher numbers because of the high number of infections we will get once it peaks in that population. There just isn’t enough medication, personnel or beds.

My whole family just got over bronchitis, I had to work during most of it. Who would even think anything of it unless they heard of nCoV, we get diseases like this all the time.

link   

a reply to: AutomateThis1

Scant appearances, as I posted previously rumor persists he’s in deep sh$t and may get “disappeared” soon. Some rumors mention specifically end of Feb. Don’t know why.

i would rather wonder where's the guy that was reporting from Wuhan about this virus. he went to one hospital and disappeared, his phone is off, even his mother posted a video asking people to find him.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

Put another way, IF, seriously IF these contagious super-spreaders as you read carry and share this disease....
Isn’t this exactly the type of thing you’d want to get into the medical field and professionals of an adversary.

Like didn’t I read the first function of a bio weapon like something like this is to halt the enemies medical care operations. And IF a Dr or nurse were one of these people, wouldn’t everyone around them have no way of knowing..?

sounds like the most insidious game of dominoes...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

You just made me upset. I know it intellectually, by my father is old with congestive heart failure. I hope to God he and my mom stay out on the farm.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

originally posted by: AngelsDecay

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: AngelsDecay

Tell her what we may think of her government in no way reflects what we think of Chinese people in general. So she shouldn't think that at all. I feel badly for those stuck in Wuhan right now. They're getting the short end of the stick because their government in busy trying like mad to save face when there is obviously a massive problem.

Unfortunately in that very text I must, correction, we, shall agree everything...

it's exactly like that. whenever someone criticizes China, you can be sure they are criticizing Chinese government, NOT Chinese people.

we are all f..king pissed about the situation in China and the way Chinese people are being treated. it's inhuman. on top of that, the government lies to save face instead of doing everything possible to help people, still trying to pretend it's under control. this is complete BS and Chinese people are paying with their lives for that.

i guess we're just more open about saying what we think CCP is capable of, since it's not like they can put us in jail or kill us for that.

tell your girl not to worry. easier said than done, but worrying didn't help anyone yet.

stay safe.

Thank you very much my friend Jedi for your encouragement and wise words... Very few times here I agreed so much like in this last post of yours... She also feel sympathy to you right now, we must confess... Because in this post you really focused what sometimes makes me sad here... The trend to treat Chinese people only as numbers.. I don't know wherever u are, maybe States, don't know, but right now she, and me as well, are sending some giant positive vibes on your direction

And now, time for the real Asian massage. .. Off to bed... Cheers from Portugal, Jedi :
:

AD & Jing

edit on 7-2-2020 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Yeah, kind of my thinking.
I'm less afraid of the virus effecting my family members.
More afraid of the handling over it over there and the "people-issues".

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

It's regrettable that you are feeling offended, that's your right. However, that's how it looks and people are entitled to their opinion.

You don't need me to emphasize what type of regime the CCP is. What is blatantly clear is that the CCP tried to hide this from the beginning and are under reporting the true extent of what is happening. As a result their own people are suffering. Should we all get through it, I hope the Chienese people rise up and oust their evil regime.

In the mean time, as harsh as it is, I think the CCP will 'sacrifice' large numbers of people in order to contain the virus. That's what all the leaked video and audio seems to portray. In the military we deal with calculated risk management, losses are acceptable but not preferable, obviously. With the historical track record of the CCP human rights record and being a toltarian regime, I would not want to be Wuhan.

Let's not forget, if nothing else. Masses of people are helping us as a race to combat this virus and in doing so are paying with their lives and health, even if they don't have a choice. Respect to them and those health & medical professionals who are giving their all. No disrespect meant.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: checkmeout

a reply to: checkmeout

I have to ask again - is that asymptomatic as in no symptoms apparent to an outside observer, none felt at all by the host, or are people capable of shedding virus for a period of time before developing symptoms like you can with the flu?

Just saying asymptomatic doesn't tell us much. Right now, every one of us is asymptomatic.

I don't know Ketsuko, it seems to be they are saying completely asymptomatic. Yet in other reports (re the cruise ship) I read about people being asymptomatic 'except for a cough'. I think people do have symptoms but they are so mild that they wouldn't think it could be something serious. And of course for many it might not be. But for some reason it affects some very seriously (and to me it doesn't just seem to be the elderly with news of doctors dying etc).

I think it because like other viruses it just doesn't affect some people as badly.

Take me for example. I've never once had a flu vaccination.
(Bare with me I know Influenza isn't Coronavirus.)

I've never had a flu vaccine. I have never been bed ridden because of the flu, and the most I've ever felt during a flu season is a bit of a headache and some tiredness and soreness.

It could be that some people have been getting the coronavirus and only experiencing these mild symptoms, and then they're fine. Are they also unknowingly spreading it? Probably.

But look at what we know so far. It seems to be most dangerous to older men with higher ACE2 antibodies.

So if otherwise younger or overall healthy people are getting it and naturally overcoming it or with the help of flu medicine that's a good thing in my opinion.

Where I think a lot of the panic is coming from and why it's hitting China so hard is because when they freaked out over a new virus.(Becsuse human nature is to freak out over new things) Started forcing people into confined spaces, and thus contributing to higher infection rates.

It doesn't help that China has an overabundance of males, and they also have an aging population.

Smoking also increases a person's ACE2 antibodies, and guess what? China is the world's largest producer and consumer of tobacco products.

As far as how this virus may have initially got out I believe Ketsuko's husband Teikiatsu made a very salient point in that regard.

He stated that their lab protocols prevent them from using disposable equipment and rewuire them to handwash everything. Therefore it is quite easily believable that someone unintentionally brought the virus with them into the general populace.

Is that what happened? There's no telling. Much like a lot of the other viruses there will be no 100% confirmed cause of why or how it happened. There will be no way to know if this was negligent or malicious.

There are reports from within China that state they think the US did this to them, but it wouldn't be the first time that claim has been made. When the SARS-Coronavirus outbreak occurred those same claims were made.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Please note specifically I say CCP not China or Chinese people.

There is a difference.

We can have a beer.

Not a Corona one for now... But a fresh Desperadoz.. Yummy

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
english.kyodonews.net...

Although the average period of incubation for the coronavirus originating from central China is believed to be about five days, the researchers found that second patients in more than half of the 26 human-to-human infection cases under study developed pneumonia symptoms within five days.
The team concluded that these second patients were infected with the virus during its incubation period for the first patients.

the new coronavirus is believed to occur while the first patient is not yet showing symptoms, according to an estimate by a group of Japanese university researchers.

Based on its determination, the team, headed by Hokkaido University professor Hiroshi Nishiura, has called for preventive measures as well as reinforcing the medical care system against a potential sharp rise in coronavirus patients, rather than focusing exclusively on isolation as a way to contain the disease.

According to the estimate based on 26 human-to-human infection cases released by six countries such as China, Thailand and the United States, the timing of the secondary infection was shorter than previously thought.

I do trust the Japanese... and their facilities would be state of the art!

edit on 7/2/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brick17

It's regrettable that you are feeling offended, that's your right. However, that's how it looks and people are entitled to their opinion.

You don't need me to emphasize what type of regime the CCP is. What is blatantly clear is that the CCP tried to hide this from the beginning and are under reporting the true extent of what is happening. As a result their own people are suffering. Should we all get through it, I hope the Chienese people rise up and oust their evil regime.

In the mean time, as harsh as it is, I think the CCP will 'sacrifice' large numbers of people in order to contain the virus. That's what all the leaked video and audio seems to portray. In the military we deal with calculated risk management, losses are acceptable but not preferable, obviously. With the historical track record of the CCP human rights record and being a toltarian regime, I would not want to be Wuhan.

Let's not forget, if nothing else. Masses of people are helping us as a race to combat this virus and in doing so are paying with their lives and health, even if they don't have a choice. Respect to them and those health & medical professionals who are giving their all. No disrespect meant.

No worries Brit... All Kool

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
WuFlu.Live just updated again:

2020/2/7 15:22 (Pacific presumably)

World-Wide:
Confirmed: 34455
Deaths: 721
Recovered: 2013

Mainland China:
Confirmed: 34130
Deaths: 719
Recovered: 1987

Hubei: (province WuHan is in)
Confirmed: 24953
Deaths: 699
Recovered: 1115

edit on 2020-2-7 by EnhancedInterrogator because: splleng

link   
a reply to: FredT

Are they going to do that,I've missed a few pages here. Thanks.

link   

a reply to: AutomateThis1

Scant appearances, as I posted previously rumor persists he’s in deep sh$t and may get “disappeared” soon. Some rumors mention specifically end of Feb. Don’t know why.

Well if that is indeed true, it will lend credence to the statement I made when this all began that we may be seeing a new face of China by the end of the decade.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Yeah , Nice Try , that's BS . The Coronavirus is a " Man Made " Biological Weapon that Targets Mainly Chinese Asian Males , and was either Introduced in China by the Communist Chinese Government Itself with " Population Control " in Mind , or from a ROGUE U.S. OR a Western Intelligent Agency as a Covert Attack on China Itself Outside the Knowledge of President Trump .
PROVE That Wrong > ?

edit on 7-2-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

So what? I think it is. Medical staff around the world are besides themself and quite frankly it doesn’t matter now if it’s natural....

What I’m asking is could we tinker with these baddies in a way that makes dying slowly from Lyme, better than being a survivor of this?

Or more specifically.... could we light up a virus to code for exactly certain attributes; I.e :no symptoms and still contagious (super-contagious super spreaders, not easily verifiable as having the virus, or tracking symptoms that show they do), giving it access to the CNS while also exhibiting high instances of viral pneumonia...?

Kinda like how kids tinker and toy with guns on CoD to give their weapon the best lethality....

Another interesting tangent that has been pointed out here, is that since it is NOVEL, might they have coded to give it maximum shelf-life (and ultimately kill more people overall by “ hanging in there” through mutations, passing by some and killing others? And this by not waxing everyone in the first run you get the wave effect of the worst thing we’ve seen in century?

Kinda like the Spanish Flu...?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I’m sorry, not my intent. I just lost a grandfather to minor COPD, he raised me. I learned a ton from his case because they missed an esophageal spasm issue with reflux that gave him constant pneumonia issues. They couldn’t find out why, then when he was dying they saw he couldn’t perfuse oxygen because he had scar tissue and other issues that required continuous positive pressure devices with 100% oxygen.

They were so focused on the COPD, they missed underlying infection and tissue damage because they were overworked. Every time I see an issue like this missed with a family member or friend, I always make sure my students see it so they don’t miss it too. We use controlled failure with our students, they’re supposed to fail, it’s the best way for an adult to learn and build additional connections so they have an increased chance to remember it under stress.

The Chinese are focusing on control and they could be gathering valuable data on these respiratory and neurological issues we are seeing. If we could see some of the lab and autopsy data we could select a better target for an antibody, antiviral or vaccine to protect the host in these severe cases. All the papers I see are guessing because of limited data, they always use words like potential site and potential target.

I still think we will see fat better survival rates over here.
edit on 7-2-2020 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

Tell her what we may think of her government in no way reflects what we think of Chinese people in general. So she shouldn't think that at all. I feel badly for those stuck in Wuhan right now. They're getting the short end of the stick because their government in busy trying like mad to save face when there is obviously a massive problem.

Unfortunately in that very text I must, correction, we, shall agree everything...

it's exactly like that. whenever someone criticizes China, you can be sure they are criticizing Chinese government, NOT Chinese people.

we are all f..king pissed about the situation in China and the way Chinese people are being treated. it's inhuman. on top of that, the government lies to save face instead of doing everything possible to help people, still trying to pretend it's under control. this is complete BS and Chinese people are paying with their lives for that.

i guess we're just more open about saying what we think CCP is capable of, since it's not like they can put us in jail or kill us for that.

tell your girl not to worry. easier said than done, but worrying didn't help anyone yet.

stay safe.

Thank you very much my friend Jedi for your encouragement and wise words... Very few times here I agreed so much like in this last post of yours... She also feel sympathy to you right now, we must confess... Because in this post you really focused what sometimes makes me sad here... The trend to treat Chinese people only as numbers.. I don't know wherever u are, maybe States, don't know, but right now she, and me as well, are sending some giant positive vibes on your direction

And now, time for the real Asian massage. .. Off to bed... Cheers from Portugal, Jedi :
:

AD & Jing

hahahahahahaha. Enjoy your night man. It's the little things that count

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

How do we not know that Asian males in these areas do not have a higher incidence of underlying disease? Maybe missing a cultural or work difference? How do they program a virus with extremely limited space to only target ACE2 when it’s present on every human and increases in number in patients with underlying disease?

It’s a theory, we have tons at the moment, I just don’t see scientific data supporting it from the genetic analysis I’ve seen from strains isolated in the wild from patients of all backgrounds. The virus is not mutating very quickly, comparing all the samples gives a very high probability of an animal crossover.

new topics

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join