It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 153
<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

Wait what?! Yo Uncle Sam get down there and *^%# up Florida Man. Like what ass-backward bologna. You’re gonna sit here and tell me NATIONAL HEALTH gets same radio play as WEED laws with regards to state rights?? GFYS Florida

Make sure y’all share that meth needle.

And don’t tell us. then certainly don’t ask for help later!

edit on 7-2-2020 by slatesteam because: F Florida

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Thank you for posting this Zero Hedge article. It confirms the content of this report:

– By 2015, conducting research that was met with an enormous amount of concern, scientists at UNC had successfully created a “chimeric, SARS-like virus” by altering the viral genome of a Chinese bat coronavirus’s spike-protein genes – sequences that code for the spikes that poke out from surface of viruses and allow them to unlock entry into hosts, in this case making the bio-engineered coronavirus incredibly contagious. This research raised eyebrows since it was clearly gain-of-function research – experimentation that seeks to increase a pathogen’s virulence, creating a more effective double-edged sword to counter – a practice banned in America from 2014 until December 2017 when NIH lifted the ban, specifically to allow research on this sort of virus. Looking at UNC’s gain-of-function research on coronavirus spike-proteins, which received its funding just before the ban was implemented and was only allowed to go forward following a special review, a virologist with the Louis Pasteur Institute of Paris warned: “If the [new] virus escaped, nobody could predict the trajectory,”

– Scientists have expressed concern about China’s ability to safely monitor this BSL-4 lab in Wuhan since it opened in 2017: “an open culture is important to keeping BSL-4 labs safe, and he questions how easy this will be in China, where society emphasizes hierarchy. ‘Diversity of viewpoint, flat structures where everyone feels free to speak up and openness of information are important.'” This lab is at most 20 miles from the wet market where the virus had been assumed to have jumped from animal to human. However the idea that a Chinese lab could have a viral sample escape is well-documented – as mentioned, one lab in Beijing has had four separate incidents of the SARS virus leaking out accidentally.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Lol.. someone made a quadratic model few days ago.. Look at this Numbers and take a look on the R^2.

Coincidence or a big big lie....

Graph

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Okay. I’ll bite. How did Mother Nature know she even had dissidents. Like did she get confused about having an acute case of CCP, and go “F it! You all die!”?

edit on 7-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 1questioner

Is it just me or does anyone else see the numbers released as a benchmark for the psychological toll and pushing that envelope using a catastrophic pandemic in the making to see what happens.

I mean this hypothetical and all. But we keep referring to the Petri dish as these cruise ships. I think the real Petri dish are the Black Mirror soul-huffers that are trying to tweak the numbers to the fullest just to see if we’ll pass a pain test.

I mean first it was like other than Chinese person does.
I don’t know if we eclipsed the “notch”

Then it’s like double-digit cases suspected now in the US

Then it’s like only 86 people died today (from a super-virulent virus on the lam for like 2 months now btw)

This last one I just read and struck me as odd.

First-yeah right, but second that number seems on par with a violent plane crash or train accident or massive pile-up due to fog or a factory explosion or a drone strike.

Have we becomes so desensitized that these numbers, true or not, “make sense” to us in today’s #e modern society?

Like I know the world may be about to burn in real-time, but it reminds me of the macabre but low-brow brilliant Cabin in the Woods......

I feel like our actions, thoughts, hopes, fear, conjecture, arguing, posting links, more links, but mostly just tuning out and memeing before the Academy Awards (no fux given here) is all being distilled, tabulated, recorded, categorized and summarized kind like the Daft Punk song.

If that song were capturing humanity’s last feeble actions before the Big Sleep and Fallout 2020: Don’t Cough On Me

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
the # of new cases in Europe today : 1
Damn, spreading fast as hell.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
apple.news...

Link is from South China Morning Post

Author has the audacity to say world governments imposing out-and-out ban on China is “Too Radical” and may damage “Trade relations and future goodwill”

Ummmmm

Pretty sure the disease ravaging your nation as you told the world to “Pho Cough” might be the actual reason.

Are you sure you don’t beat us because we don’t understand what love is China?

Shut the hell up and please tell your 500M citizens in Lockdown and starving,( the ones alive still) the world is rooting for them to kick the Hong Kong Phooey outta #CCP

Don’t ever pretend you get any moral high ground ever, EVER again. I can smell the bodies burning from CA

edit on 7-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Pho Cough China

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
SARS-like cluster of circulating bat coronavirus pose threat for human emergence

In this study, we examine the disease potential for SARS-like CoVs currently circulating in Chinese horseshoe bat populations. Utilizing the SARS-CoV infectious clone, we generated and characterized a chimeric virus expressing the spike of bat coronavirus SHC014 in a mouse adapted SARS-CoV backbone. The results indicate that group 2b viruses encoding the SHC014 spike in a wild type backbone can efficiently utilize multiple ACE2 receptor orthologs, replicate efficiently in primary human airway cells, and achieve in vitro titers equivalent to epidemic strains of SARS-CoV.

Additionally, in vivo experiments demonstrate replication of the chimeric virus in mouse lung with notable pathogenesis. Evaluation of available SARS-based immune-therapeutic and prophylactic modalities revealed poor efficacy; both monoclonal antibody and vaccine approaches failed to neutralize and protect from CoVs utilizing the novel spike protein. Importantly, based on these findings, we synthetically rederived an infectious full length SHC014 recombinant virus and demonstrate robust viral replication both in vitro and in vivo. Together, the work highlights a continued risk of SARS-CoV reemergence from viruses currently circulating in bat populations.

This report was from 2016. One of the authors from this work is involved in a more recent study from Feb 3, 2020, Zhengli Shi, a renowned researcher working at the P4 lab. Source

A pneumonia outbreak associated with a new coronavirus of probable bat origin.

Full-length genome sequences were obtained from five patients at the early stage of the outbreak. They are almost identical to each other and share 79.5% sequence identify to SARS-CoV. Furthermore, it was found that 2019-nCoV is 96% identical at the whole-genome level to a bat coronavirus. The pairwise protein sequence analysis of seven conserved non-structural proteins show that this virus belongs to the species of SARSr-CoV.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

"Don't Cough on Me" couldn't be more appropriate...

But for me, this horrific event may have a silver lining. It may teach mankind a lesson it sorely needed to learn: Stop using your knowledge, resources, and talent to create better ways to kill each other. Instead, create better ways to live together.

(post by jedi_hamster removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Rheowen

Nice find.

China has been accused before of using this practice and it has been analyzed and found that they used math equations to manufacture numbers.

Could it be they have no idea what the real numbers are? Maybe they are just issuing numbers from a model?

This would not be the first time this has been seen from CCP governing entities.
edit on 7-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Spelling damn I suck at it

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1questioner
a reply to: slatesteam

"Don't Cough on Me" couldn't be more appropriate...

But for me, this horrific event may have a silver lining. It may teach mankind a lesson it sorely needed to learn: Stop using your knowledge, resources, and talent to create better ways to kill each other. Instead, create better ways to live together.

The thing is that when it comes to microbiology and virus research, the ability to do one can easily do the other and at different stages of the process.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose
the # of new cases in Europe today : 1
Damn, spreading fast as hell.

death toll from a coronavirus outbreak in mainland China had reached 722 as of the end of Friday, up by 86 from the previous day
Across mainland China, there were 3,399 new confirmed infections on Friday, bringing the total accumulated number so far to 31,774.

sure is.
If it gets a foot hold in a foreign country with poor social services, ie Vietnam, Mexico etc.. it will be a nightmare

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I've been involved in past years, in a huge natural / unnatural disaster that people discussed at length. It is incredibly hard to read others discussing your fate and that of your loved ones from a dispassionate removed point of relative safety. Whilst it should not be taken personally, it really is hurtful and scary.

Whilst I agree totally with the high end of negative conclusions regarding the coronavirus, perhaps people could find a little spare energy to practice some Christian (or whatever floats your boat) kindness and remember how difficult it must be for those a bit closer to current action.

As for the math wars, I'm disturbed and mostly lost. Who would have thought logical math could get so emotional!

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Accidental double post

edit on 7-2-2020 by WuhanFlangDang because: Accidental double post.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Picture of active WeChat filtering.

Twitter

I’m locked out of WeChat still.

Wife says Chinese people outside China are actively arguing with relatives inside China and trying to tell them the truth. Some believe their relatives, some don’t and fully trust the CCP.

Those who said we might see a new China out of this, I hope you’re right, I really do.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WuhanFlangDang

People are arguing because everyone has a model they prefer and there are no hard numbers right now.

Clearly, for whatever reasons, some prefer to think only an apocalyptic super bug can produce what we are seeing. I don't think that's true. I think you only need something that hits fast, hard, and all at once in order to create what we are seeing. I hope I'm correct because it means that in reality, most people will actually live. They're just very sick and very scared right now because this is sudden and all at once, and yes, many will die but not as many might ordinarily die from something like the flu ... it just seems so because they are all dying right now, all at once.

Death is never easy, but it gets really scary when it seems like everyone is dying in droves.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 1questioner

Yeah, no. Thank you for your support. But the people of the world that need perfect shaped fruit at the market, and Implied Mutual Destruction aren’t getting along soon. Or ever.

Not sure we ever have...?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
A not bad summary of the natural vs bioengineered debate.

Logistical and Technical Exploration into the Origins of the Wuhan Strain of Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

link

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WuhanFlangDang

I’d love to. But I’m too busy watching what your govt is doin in the 21st century to its people. Hang in there!

I completely understand the tallies and digits are not pixels but people, perishing in real-time. This is beyond sad.

Beyond words. May your faith carry you and your family through this life with peace and healthful happiness

Because CCP ain’t, in fact I think you understand when I say they’re trying to Save Face & avoid Mandate From Heaven

top topics

<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join