It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 149
<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: checkmeout
Japanese researchers are again saying that the virus is transmitted during asymptomatic phase...although it seems the period is shorter than the 14 days we are currently aware of?

english.kyodonews.net...

Oh wow. Thanks for sharing that..... even though it's terrible news

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: checkmeout

I have to ask again - is that asymptomatic as in no symptoms apparent to an outside observer, none felt at all by the host, or are people capable of shedding virus for a period of time before developing symptoms like you can with the flu?

Just saying asymptomatic doesn't tell us much. Right now, every one of us is asymptomatic.

One if the strangest notes i read during my project was that super spreaders can have no symptoms at all. It stood out to me because I had to research the term 'super spreader' to confirm it was what it sounded like.

It was noted in reference to the thermal cameras at the entries. basically telling me that they would be ineffective for rare super spreaders with no symptoms
edit on 2/7/2020 by tennisdawg because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: AngelsDecay

Tell her what we may think of her government in no way reflects what we think of Chinese people in general. So she shouldn't think that at all. I feel badly for those stuck in Wuhan right now. They're getting the short end of the stick because their government in busy trying like mad to save face when there is obviously a massive problem.

My sentiments exactly.

link   

It has been talked about openly by Chinese dissidents with connections inside the party and by Chinese people inside and outside China. I didn’t think that up.

My wife is Chinese and was not offended by this. She is angry at CCP and scared of this whole thing.

My wife’s uncle, under lockdown in Shenzhen, will openly discuss this.

Before you question it - watch what they do. Think about it. How many people are the condemning to death?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hey ho,

I'm off to bed.

Not sure I really want to see what tomorrow brings.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I have to ask again - is that asymptomatic as in no symptoms apparent to an outside observer, none felt at all by the host, or are people capable of shedding virus for a period of time before developing symptoms like you can with the flu?

Just saying asymptomatic doesn't tell us much. Right now, every one of us is asymptomatic.

I don't know Ketsuko, it seems to be they are saying completely asymptomatic. Yet in other reports (re the cruise ship) I read about people being asymptomatic 'except for a cough'. I think people do have symptoms but they are so mild that they wouldn't think it could be something serious. And of course for many it might not be. But for some reason it affects some very seriously (and to me it doesn't just seem to be the elderly with news of doctors dying etc).

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

It has been talked about openly by Chinese dissidents with connections inside the party and by Chinese people inside and outside China. I didn’t think that up.

My wife is Chinese and was not offended by this. She is angry at CCP and scared of this whole thing.

Before you question it - watch what they do. Think about it. How many people are the condemning to death?

Also ask yourself where Xi Jinping has been at this entire time. Is he even showing face over there. Or is he in hiding?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

No worries my friend... Maybe some over reaction here right now from her... But all calm now... Peace, and o hope and still positive

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thank you for your clarification. Am I wrong in my reading that this is spread (actively shed) without any noticeable symptoms?

Is this right? And is this normal? Much like people who have recovered are gonna have seriously long-lasting and disturbing disabilities, perhaps for the duration of their life

I’m not trying fear monger here; I want to make sure if these are indeed facts, I’ve got them straight. Still unsure about 14-day quarantine vs. 28-day contagion in body. Or it’s ability to sterilize males in a population. I understand it may be too soon for a simple confirm/deny. Or rather there may not be a readily available answer just yet.

But. Then it begs the question why would a vector try to limit the offspring capabilities of its host? Whether it’s viral, bacterial, fungal, or parasitic.... is my line of thinking way off course?

edit on 7-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

No, if it's truly a novel strain, it won't be just the elderly who are at risk for very serious illness. That will be the hell of it. There will be plenty of people who do only get mildly ill, and then there will be people who get flat out laid out by it but won't need to seek medical attention, but then you'll have the critical cases, and there will be no rhyme nor reason to who goes critical and who doesn't, not really.

So it's scary, really scary.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic
What do they mean by "sacrifice" ? And how would they do it?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I will second that notion, and further, this virus only has the ability to bind the ACE receptors (and maybe also CD4) on cells, and those receptor types are completely lacking in the testicles. The only virus I know of that can hit the testicles per se is Mumps, and that also hits the salivary glands, because the receptors are similar / shared. Please anyone else feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but that is it the way I understand it. *shrug*

edit on 7-2-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: changed the word 'know' to 'understand', because it has been many years since I looked up the molecular behavior of mumps

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngelsDecay

Tell her what we may think of her government in no way reflects what we think of Chinese people in general. So she shouldn't think that at all. I feel badly for those stuck in Wuhan right now. They're getting the short end of the stick because their government in busy trying like mad to save face when there is obviously a massive problem.

Unfortunately in that very text I must, correction, we, shall agree everything...

it's exactly like that. whenever someone criticizes China, you can be sure they are criticizing Chinese government, NOT Chinese people.

we are all f..king pissed about the situation in China and the way Chinese people are being treated. it's inhuman. on top of that, the government lies to save face instead of doing everything possible to help people, still trying to pretend it's under control. this is complete BS and Chinese people are paying with their lives for that.

i guess we're just more open about saying what we think CCP is capable of, since it's not like they can put us in jail or kill us for that.

tell your girl not to worry. easier said than done, but worrying didn't help anyone yet.

stay safe.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

I know you aren’t implying this.... but is there ANY way we could make a virus DO THAT.

Like that thing in particular

And if it’s novel, and still is naturally occurring with THAT particular quality as it’s sole distinguishing quality/characteristic, did we just hit the most unlucky lottery Nature has devised in a millennia?

link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Scant appearances, as I posted previously rumor persists he’s in deep sh$t and may get “disappeared” soon. Some rumors mention specifically end of Feb. Don’t know why.

link   
a reply to: slatesteam

1st question

Yes Camp Ashland is a National Guard Facility

en.wikipedia.org...

ne.ng.mil...

Plane to land 6 pm Central Time in Nebraska coming in from San Antonio TX

www.ketv.com...

edit on 7-2-2020 by SeekingDepth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
a reply to: SpartanStoic
What do they mean by "sacrifice" ? And how would they do it?

Wall them off, isolate them using the PLA, kill any that try to flee, and let the live or die as their genetics dictate. Wait a while, go in, mass graves and burns, and perhaps leave that area as a no go zone for a while

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Please note specifically I say CCP not China or Chinese people.

There is a difference.

We can have a beer.
edit on 7-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Add

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingDepth

Omg thank you. 1 down...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: tennisdawg

I know you aren’t implying this.... but is there ANY way we could make a virus DO THAT.

Like that thing in particular

And if it’s novel, and still is naturally occurring with THAT particular quality as it’s sole distinguishing quality/characteristic, did we just hit the most unlucky lottery Nature has devised in a millennia?

He said waaaay back in the thread that it was manmade.

top topics

<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join