It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Further: If we don't know how it's really transmitted, and don't know the true rate of infected peoples, and don't know the truth death rate, then we cannot possibly come up with a reliable number in regards to mortality.
THAT is what is truly concerning.
regards,
tetra

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AngelsDecay

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Saw a post here
qz.com...
Says 3% mortality, not splitting hairs over 1% just another source (don’t know how reputable ) that someone linked in earlier

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

As we’ve discussed at length and proven with videos, audio and now independent verification, the CCP is under reporting. This much 100% fact.

How bad the under reporting is? No one can say and unfortunately as with anything from China we will never know the truth. Much like SARS or China’s GDP, we’ll be given numbers and have to live with those. Only if the CCP were to fall would we even have a chance to get something approaching an accurate number and even then it’d be wrong.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28
Says 3% mortality

Mortality rate doesn't matter until you run out of healthcare providers and medical supplies.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I’d be the one that only rolls a 1 or 2

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Thank you for the reply, I agree, but IMO the immediate problem I am facing is the scare/caution is hurting business...I've heard people are avoiding going to any Chinese business, i.e restaurants/grocery stores... stay safe too brother. Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Back when everyone was freaking out about H1N1 the final death calculations was somewhere between 150k and 500k. 

The Swine Flu/H1N1 killed like 300,000 people, and yet here we are. 

H1N1 is now a seasonal flu type. 

It's quite ok. I understand you don't really get it.

It's not about the total death count.

It is about impacting lives. My children both got the h1n1 years ago and I tell you it's not a walk in the park. They were extremely I'll and there wasnt any rooms in the local hospital at the time because of so many sicknesses.

But that doesnt matter does it? You just keep trudging along and as long as nothing impacts you and your bubble it's all fine and dandy.

The lives of the people lost, you know, the death count, meant something to someone. Hell man, I've posted it several times here already, my good friend died of the flu just last year, he was healthy, but to you it's just a number and some end of the virus tally. But to his kids he was way more than that.

Some people such as yourself just don't get it until it happens to you, and when it does I hope you at least show a little compassion to your family or friends.

Unbelievable

Youre one of my favorite people to see in some threads and subjects
]
HOWEVER... I cared for an immunocompromised child for 20 years until she died from necrotic intestines and candida auris, I had h1n1 and coughed greenish yellow foam till I was panting to stay conscious. Its rough. I also put myself on the line with my "hobby".. elbow deep in strangers blood and fluids... AND I also make some of the most horrible, off color, morbid, terrible jokes youll hear. I appear flippant and unmoved in most stressful situations. Im the person you want in a highly stressful situation, believe me. I can shove soem heinous # in a box and close the lid. A talent and curse.

Im not exactly making excuses for the poster but its very easy to feel removed from a situation on a forum.. because you ARE removed to a great degree. I thik youre right to point out its real lives and real anguish, but even I can slip into feeling removed from a situation when discussing it.

So anyway, there you go. Inserting myself in situations that dont concern me.. its another hobby of mine.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted. This thread moves at quite the clip.

The plane with majority Canadian CITIZENS has just left from Wuhan bound for Trenton AFB in Ontario, Canada (about 3 hours east of Toronto.)

They are stopping to refuel in Vancouver. Hopefully our incompetent government keeps them on the plane and not allow them to hit the duty free for the hour.

www.cbc.ca...

Wow, the article just edited. It said 194 passengers on board, including 34 minors and 13 were PERMANENT residents.

No mention of the permanent residents anymore. That means 93% of the plane essentially work and live in Wuhan full time.

I'm trying to track this flight but no luck on the online flight trackers I usually visit. Supposed to touch down in Trenton AFB around 3:00am tomorrow morning.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

Thank you for the reply, I agree, but IMO the immediate problem I am facing is the scare/caution is hurting business...I've heard people are avoiding going to any Chinese business, i.e restaurants/grocery stores... stay safe too brother. Peace

Hey again, game over man:

The salient point I am making is perhaps we shouldn't fear monger out of context so as to not HURT business, and further manipulate PEOPLE'S BASIC NEEDS. I understand that perhaps more than you could know.

Further....I am your sister.
regards and stay safe,
tet

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
Unconfirmed but wanted to share - a colleague of mine has a friend working in an NJ hospital and claims their hospital is hiding a confirmed case of nCov-2019. Trying to get clarification and some validity so as of now just take that as an unconfirmed and unsubstantiated claim.

I think we can easily come to the conclusion that there ARE confirmed cases outside of China that are not being shared with the public, however to what extent we can only speculate

Yeah, this sort of thing is what I find worrisome. Are things really going just swell here in the USA, or is there a news blackout in place to keep from getting the natives all panicked?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

As we’ve discussed at length and proven with videos, audio and now independent verification, the CCP is under reporting. This much 100% fact.

How bad the under reporting is? No one can say and unfortunately as with anything from China we will never know the truth. Much like SARS or China’s GDP, we’ll be given numbers and have to live with those. Only if the CCP were to fall would we even have a chance to get something approaching an accurate number and even then it’d be wrong.

Hey SpartanStoic: I agree completely. I am not representing that we are being told any truth. However, which side of caution would you prefer to be? IF a panic ensues, it is a guaranteed outcome and not attractive. That's my point. So perhaps we should err on the side of caution. All threads like this should have a cautious voice, for these reasons.
regards,
tet

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
3rd case in Italy confirmed

www.agi.it...

Posts on Twitter saying first italian

www.corriere.it...

edit on 6-2-2020 by Pommer89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
70 Americans to be quarantined at Camp Ashland in Nebraska

journalstar.com... g-source=home-top-story-1

www.klkntv.com...

www.wowt.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: UFO1414

Are you kidding, they are going to provide the shuttle’s for free!

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

TWO things from this link.

The first British national has tested positive for coronavirus after travelling back to the UK from Singapore, according to government sources.

It emerged earlier that a third case of the disease had been confirmed in the UK but England’s chief medical officer refused to disclose the patient’s nationality or specify which country in Asia they caught the disease.

But the Guardian understands that the individual is British and contracted the coronavirus in Singapore. It comes after Downing Street indicated the patient was British, with a spokesman saying earlier they “believed they are, yes”.

Later down the page they talk about how this patient may have been at a conference at a Singapore hotel where multiple attendees from around the world have now tested positive for Coronavirus. That's the second conference outbreak of this following the one from Bavaria. Might be some key to transmission there.

and 2.

My colleague Mario Koran in Oakland reports that four of the 167 passengers aboard a quarantine flight from Wuhan to a Marine Corps air station near San Diego were sent to local hospitals shortly after their plane touched down yesterday morning.

The San Diego Union-Tribune said that none of the American citizens returning to the US showed any symptoms when they boarded the flight, but medical screenings done after their arrival revealed that four people (three adults and one child) showed symptoms that may have been caused by the coronavirus

Symptoms don't mean confirmed, but damn... not good.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
Has this been posted yet? Pretty serious gear for something less than flu...

twitter.com...

I saw that early this morning and thought the same thing. Videos I've seen on Twitter by just searching #coronavirus are pretty crazy.

They are definitely not as tough as the UK Horseman coach drivers that's for sure. They don't need any protection at all.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
They are stopping to refuel in Vancouver. Hopefully our incompetent government keeps them on the plane and not allow them to hit the duty free for the hour.

Don't bet on that. If it's anything like the plane of disease that refueled here in Anchorage last week, they'll off board all the passengers and take them into a cargo terminal for additional screening and to make sure if anyone is sick, Vancouver's hospital gets their own community care package of death to deal with.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

I saw the post here earlier this evening, but didn't have time to look into it at that moment.

Allegedly a couple of medical staff had conversations. I tried to translate it all with Google Translate, and from what I understand (if the translations are correct) it looks like they talk about Dr. Li Wenliang, the doctor that talked about the virus back in december, got arrested for it, and later was diagnosed with the virus.

I couple of things stand out to me in the translated conversations:

- It looks like they had to postpone his time of death by keep "trying to rescue" him, even tho he was dead already.
- It looks like they where ordered to Intubate him (which, from what I could find on the internet, is very risky with a pneumonia), maybe even the cause of his dead.
- They leaked the message that he was dead, and later retracted it, to later declare him dead again to change the public opinion (from anger to disbelief/dissapointment)
- They (the doctors/team/medical staff) put these screenshots out deliberately, to bring this to the public.
- Doctor Lin is a good dude.

Links to the translated screenshots (with Google Translate):

cdn.discordapp.com...

cdn.discordapp.com...

cdn.discordapp.com...

cdn.discordapp.com...

cdn.discordapp.com...

cdn.discordapp.com...

cdn.discordapp.com...

cdn.discordapp.com...

cdn.discordapp.com...

cdn.discordapp.com...

cdn.discordapp.com...

cdn.discordapp.com...

cdn.discordapp.com...

edit on 6-2-2020 by RobinKuiper because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
a reply to: ketsuko
People in my personal life who are downplaying the situation compare it to the threat of influenza which has a higher number of reported cases and deaths but I am pointing out that coronavirus is much more powerful.

Umm... you don't actually know that.

I'm leaning toward the CoronaVirus being a cover story for something really nasty that escaped their level 4 bio-lab that the CCP absolutely does not want anyone to know about, so they are covering their asses, hoping no one finds out the truth - and possibly taking advantage of the situation to eliminate a lot of dissidents at the same time.

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join