It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MuldersMate

I'm not worried about it. There's been like, what? 500 deaths?

Something like 7,500 people die every day in the US alone.
There was just under 300,000 deaths in Canada just last year.
In 2016 there were 8.8 million deaths in Africa.

Back when everyone was freaking out about H1N1 the final death calculations was somewhere between 150k and 500k.

The Swine Flu/H1N1 killed like 300,000 people, and yet here we are.

H1N1 is now a seasonal flu type.

So, no I'm not worried. Your fears aren't contagious.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: slatesteam

Because I can. Unlike the Chinese right now I have the opportunity to enjoy life, and I'm not going to waste it on what ifs and existential dread.

No offense , but why are you here then ?

Maybe I enjoy coming to ATS and participating in the various forums and threads.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Just saw this on twitter

twitter.com...

I assume its talking about the suspected person who landed at brize Norton on monday evacuation flight. Bit concerning as john radcliffe is 10min drive from me rn

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
www.bbc.com...

So if this person caught it in singapore surely there must be alot more cases there than what is being reported, what are the chances of them bumping into one of the 30 confirmed cases

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
Has this been posted yet? Pretty serious gear for something less than flu...

twitter.com...

I saw that early this morning and thought the same thing. Videos I've seen on Twitter by just searching #coronavirus are pretty crazy.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Almost targeted to the older and males of Chinese/SE Asian decent with 1 death in Philly and 565 in China. Depopulation by accident or were China planning to do it anyway in the future.

The doctor, Li Wen Liang. an ophthalmologist , who first noticed the increasing number of people suffering from a strange viral type of pneumonia and tried to warn his medical collogues has died of Corona virus He was 34 - so much for only
the old and slow dying.

Dr Li Wen Liang was arrest by the police and threatened for "rumor mongering" . After being released came down with Corona while treating patients at Wuhan hospital

www.washingtonpost.com... 2-48f9-11ea-8a1f-de1597be6cbc_story.html

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pommer89
Just saw this on twitter

twitter.com...

I assume its talking about the suspected person who landed at brize Norton on monday evacuation flight. Bit concerning as john radcliffe is 10min drive from me rn

see, bold mine, but that's how this crap starts.
tetra

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this video? Couple hugging on the sidewalk while 2 people in hazmat suits wait and then they walk over to a truck with a BOX in the back of it and the couple gets into the box........ this is horrifying! (hope I got the link right - I'm bad at this stuff)

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
There is talk about it online, being worse that is.

Worse than it is here in the US? Hadn't noticed any posts about that, especially any with any evidence.

Links?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

Thank you for this. My Mrs is the twitter fiend so she usually tells me this stuff hot off the press so thought I should make an account and post immediately. I was searching liveleaks for a week or so, checking for new sources, but so many could be fake I don't bother anymore unless I'm told about them and then I'd see them here first anyway. Thanks again to all of you.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: liejunkie01
That's not say it isn't here and circulating to some degree, but we haven't reached the crisis we see in China.

Understate, much?

We aren't even in the same universe as China... nowhere near it.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Communism in full effect.

Mandatory toss you in a metal box, ship you to a quarantine prison..

streamable.com...

Dunno, how legit, but looks about right.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

I'm not worried about it. There's been like, what? 500 deaths?

Something like 7,500 people die every day in the US alone.
There was just under 300,000 deaths in Canada just last year.
In 2016 there were 8.8 million deaths in Africa.

Back when everyone was freaking out about H1N1 the final death calculations was somewhere between 150k and 500k.

So, no I'm not worried. Your fears aren't contagious.

I'd not suggest you fear getting 2019cCoV but rather be concerned for the potential supply line shortages that are almost certain to start impacting everyone shortly. If this continues at this rate in China for another 2 or 3 weeks, we're going to notice shortages in most manufactured goods from socks and underwear to oil filters. While the disruption won't be permanent, if it runs long enough (and 'long enough' probably isn't as long as most think) it has the risk of pushing the average Joe into 'panic' mode. When that happens, more shortages occur as people panic buy.

I'm not afraid of catching this thing, I'm afraid of what the average person, that really isn't paying any attention to this, is going to do when they suddenly can't buy dog food or athletic shoes or you name it.

link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

It's quite ok. I understand you don't really get it.

It's not about the total death count.

It is about impacting lives. My children both got the h1n1 years ago and I tell you it's not a walk in the park. They were extremely I'll and there wasnt any rooms in the local hospital at the time because of so many sicknesses.

But that doesnt matter does it? You just keep trudging along and as long as nothing impacts you and your bubble it's all fine and dandy.

The lives of the people lost, you know, the death count, meant something to someone. Hell man, I've posted it several times here already, my good friend died of the flu just last year, he was healthy, but to you it's just a number and some end of the virus tally. But to his kids he was way more than that.

Some people such as yourself just don't get it until it happens to you, and when it does I hope you at least show a little compassion to your family or friends.

Unbelievable

link   
a reply to: Bicent

come on...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: wuflu
If there was any chance at all that this was an airborn bio weapon , do you guys think they would let people just self isolate at home here in the states?

Can anyone who even thinks bio weapon is a possibility tell me why they do that ? or why they would let the POTUS the VP and SOS, basically the whole government all in the same room with 100s of other PUBLIC figures ?

Good point re POTUS. However, on the first point: yes, I think they can be that stupid and hazardous. I wasn't impressed at all with how the Ebola thing was handled a few years ago.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Those are some really cute numbers. You did a good job googling those. Pat on the back for you.

But again, like many others you are being ignorant to the potential of a pandemic.

Comparing against the final figures of bird flu / swine flu when we are only an estimated 6 weeks since the outbreak of this pathogen is pretty redundant.

Besides I have have no concern if you are worried or not and I have not stated so. I merely pointed out to you that as the weeks go by we a rapidly seeing the severity of this outbreak develop. More so than previous modern pandemics... remember though... don't compare final figures! NcoV hasn't finished yet!

Do you understand?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

please with the hysterics nobody knows what's really going just be honest

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hi all…
First of all let me tell some people here that i really consider myself a very sarcastic and irony lover guy.
A very nice humoured guy and as far as I can always trying to be positive, optimistic ar a realist one, whenever I can relaying on common sense, science, facts and good spriti with free way to think and observe all things around me.
Maybe some members here by this time started to feel some irony and sarcasm on my posts, others don’t and even others got offended or even touched…to these last ones I really need to express my deepest apologies cause it wasntat all my purpose…as I said, sometimes a lil bit of sarcasm and a lil bit dose of irony can really make some nice miracles to help us living positively along and amongst all that surround us.
I must confess that besides im a guy more prone to science and facts, I wont be touching the cynical or hypocrite side of saying that “I hate conspiracies or similar”…if that was the case I wouldn’t have joined this very Board/ATS site for almost 15 years….maybe more 90% reader and merely a poster.
Im not following any specific religion, sometimes I consider myself a kind of atheist, others Agnostic, and even others Catholic or Buddist….an hell of a mess..lol)))
However in this very thread im taking some minutes each day to keep me more or less informed…to be honest there are posts and members here who make me laugh, others who have the kind art and hability to make me say “holy cow…really”, and others that yes, this guy or girl really makes me think, wonder, welll…putting my brain working at Mach 3…but to all of them my respect, as long as no one offends me, wich till now I have no cases at all.
Opening a lil the game…I know Asia pretty well,…im a commercial Pilot for more than 25 years flying in almost every continent (except Oceania/Land of Oz).
Also some student-pilots and cadets from every corner of Asia…
Even my actual GF shes Asian, Macau, nurse.
I do have all the maximum respect towards any race, I’ve been working with all of them, making great friends for years to come.
But if our post is about Asia, we shall remain in Asia.
I really have a great respect and passion towards Asian People, history, culture, etc.
Yes…its true…we cannot be sure of any numbers right now in China, only some “official” leaking trough BNO, CDC, BBC, etc etc…
We don’t know, and maybe we will never know…but one thing I know for sure.
Asia it’s a great culture, great people, great places…obviously no country it’s the same as the other, besides all Asian ones.
However there are some similarities in some Asian Top Spheres/Governments….one of those are the fantastic and unique exclusive way to Save Their Faces when all hell breaks loose, if you know what I mean.
People cannot forget here one very important thing…China expresses everything in MILLIONS…Jesus man,,,,they are BIG in Everything…and because of that we shall use here that old and famous “Extreme conditions demands extreme responses”…
Ya, its very true…afaik China, PRC, CPC, President Xi Jin, what the hell you wish to call, had never in the past took such extreme actions in the past (well, as far as we know that too
)…but like everything in life there is a first time to everything.
So, “closing “ some cities in China automatically says “Millions of People”….cause even the *smallest one* village has “Population until reach the sky”…They are many, many and many…Period! (not their fault…it is what it is).
Not in SARS, MERS, etc, we had seen such actions…but now here it comes what personally (and believe me im not at all alone in this point of view) maybe will schock some here…as I said I don’t consider myself any hypocrite, so thinking one thing and writing the opposite its against all of my real beliefs…even if im totally wrong I wont act just to put others happier towards myself.
So here it goes…
First, I don’t consider at all this is some kind of Bio Weapon, lab release purpose or accidentally, etc…I do consider this a typical zoonotic virus/disease, may it be a bat, serpent, a kestrel, a monkey, etc.
As I said before I only know flying planes and playing Guitar…so this was a mere personall opinion.
But here comes the second point of view, wich many may consider a greater shock.
Could it be the case here that even China are Over Reacting!!?
Their government either..?
I will not repeat here and now all the numbers X and Y, inside and outside China, numbers of infected, dead, recovered., etc etc…However one thing no one until now had the magic touch to make me think on the opposite…having in mind the numbers of deaths in China on a daily/weekly basis , and also the numbers in our Europe, North America, etc, daily and weekly, regarding diseases, virus, problems with breathing, flu, having in mind the percentage of cases here with the Corona talking about most of them are people over 60s, with some clinical history, even after all these weeks months, with only a couple of dead outside China, are we facing the facts with head and reality!!???
In these last weeks, days, thousands and thousands and thousands of Chinese People were flying throughout our planet without any restriction at all.,,and now….what we see…even with some adultered numbers, some cases here, some cases there, and repeating myself, to the Chinese numbers reality, a mere needle in the haystack.
Should we really close schools, forcing people to saty at home millions of miles away because of what precisely!!???
Should we really close frontiers after millions had passed before?
Should we really forbid millions of people to vacate their country only now when millions did it before already with the virus spreading??
After all these dasy and week….what we have…almost the same numbers outside China and the world starting to survive economically because of a disease that until now only caused 0,00017 of the daily deaths in our planet…
Since I started to write this very post at least 800 children died in wars, famine, etc along Africa and India…15000 per day…15 #in thousand…but we, we the wisest ones close the boundaries because of a pair of individuals dying out of Mainland China, and one of them also suffering from Heart Disease…
This is lunacy, stupidity and lunacy above a dose of selfishness…yeahhh, hell yeah…lets gonna buy tons of canned meat, drinks coke, ammunitions because of the incoming civil war, lets make us more clever than our neighbour…Lets make pretend we the western are more intelligent than our asian fellow…we are f**kin great and amazing!
Im gonna tell whats be happening if all of this don’t start to return to common sense…Suicides after suicides…and that will be much worse than a stupid flu virus, may it be called Corona, Carlsberg or Guinness..
On the last few years I went to a funeral of a familiar that died of Virus/Pneumonia, and old (like almost everycase here)…but al least if I can recall and my memory serves me well I went into 4 funerals of very young and healthy dearest friends who commited suicide because lost their jobs, no salaries, no rents to pay, depression, well, you know the rest.
People, WHO, Governments, all of them have a share of guilt here…
Talking about my professional field what do we have already here…??
Pilots sacked, planes on the ground, airlines almost facing bankruptcy, etc…and why…because two persons died out of china, and for sure some more will, wich its more than normal specially during the winter.
(continues)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
But yeah…lets talk about bio weapons …. Its fashion and makes me wise..*i know things, you are so naïve,,,*
This very thing, this Mexican Beer Virus will have the same end as some years ago we had the same with the famous Volcano in Iceland… Eyjafjallajökull:
Northern Hemisphere with flight almost 100&halted because the intelligent ones remembered that the wisest thing was to put an end in all flights…
Ok, one, 2, 3, 4,-…and so on days…ashes in the air that no one saw at all even at thousand miles away…
I can tell you all that once all flights returned “safely” to the skies those “killer invisible” ashes still and were there like in the same first day…however the public was been given as if the skies were clear…and why,,,because Europe , North America and near places were stopped…economic crisis on the very edge talked much louder…so, let fly again, forget those bloody ashes, now they are innocent and don’t bring planes down like last week

A kind of the famous 737 MAX issue…believe me my friends here…when Max will return to the skies maybe in 2020 , 2021, whatever, she will be the same dammit flying machine…no structural change, no MCAS great change…nothing big at all….except one very BIG thing…Pilots are now taught and more alert how to fly it…
;;;and this is what will gonna happen with all of this Corona mess in a couple of weeks, or whatever you call…we will learn and be taught how to live with it, but not with before costing lives, jobs, families, most of it because of our selfishness and western velvet thrones.
More than 90% in this ATS thread, like in the rest of my Europe, Others America, etc…they/we are not worried at all with the suffering of those “poor” thousand Chinese/Asians…More than 90% here are only worried about themselves, their greed, their wish to see their city name on the news..Yuppi, my city has the first case…now, we all gonna die …Peace to All..AD
Attention..ATS Firing Squad…3, 2, 1, shoot me!!!
(Forgive me any Grammar Mistake…neither English or my phone keyboard are perfect)

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join