It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempussolo

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: MuldersMate

I'm not worried about it. There's been like, what? 500 deaths?

Something like 7,500 people die every day in the US alone.
There was just under 300,000 deaths in Canada just last year.
In 2016 there were 8.8 million deaths in Africa.

Back when everyone was freaking out about H1N1 the final death calculations was somewhere between 150k and 500k.

The Swine Flu/H1N1 killed like 300,000 people, and yet here we are.

H1N1 is now a seasonal flu type.

So, no I'm not worried. Your fears aren't contagious.

I'd not suggest you fear getting 2019cCoV but rather be concerned for the potential supply line shortages that are almost certain to start impacting everyone shortly. If this continues at this rate in China for another 2 or 3 weeks, we're going to notice shortages in most manufactured goods from socks and underwear to oil filters. While the disruption won't be permanent, if it runs long enough (and 'long enough' probably isn't as long as most think) it has the risk of pushing the average Joe into 'panic' mode. When that happens, more shortages occur as people panic buy.

I'm not afraid of catching this thing, I'm afraid of what the average person, that really isn't paying any attention to this, is going to do when they suddenly can't buy dog food or athletic shoes or you name it.

I find your point particularly salient. Anyone remarked upon or noticed the locust issue in Africa right now? The set up to where it appears this MAY go is particularly disturbing.
tet

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AngelsDecay

What the *expletive* are you on about?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
There are 2 countries with no reported cases, but they have multiple reported cases on every border in neighboring countries:

Laos and North Korea

North Korea is obviously a media blackout, and may have multiple cases already. Laos is the one the confuses me. Every border country around Laos has double digit confirmed cases. Can anyone offer how this is possible, and why Laos has been spared? thanks for everyone's input.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

What hysterics? Like literally not an ounce of panic in me. Heading to the gym actually... a virus heaven.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

It should be self evident I understated by a lot.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

N. Korea locked down early on. And I am no expert on the state on things in Laos. It may simply be a lack of ability to report.

And since they aren't dying, we assume they are being spared.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

N. Korea locked down early on. And I am no expert on the state on things in Laos. It may simply be a lack of ability to report.

And since they aren't dying, we assume they are being spared.

It is VERY bizarre though. Laos is surrounded by 3 of the most active viral counts (China, Vietnam, and Thailand). On the coronavirus map, it stands out as an oasis in the middle of the hotzone. Something is wrong here.
edit on 2/6/2020 by tennisdawg because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/6/2020 by tennisdawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempussolo

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: MuldersMate

I'm not worried about it. There's been like, what? 500 deaths?

Something like 7,500 people die every day in the US alone.
There was just under 300,000 deaths in Canada just last year.
In 2016 there were 8.8 million deaths in Africa.

Back when everyone was freaking out about H1N1 the final death calculations was somewhere between 150k and 500k.

So, no I'm not worried. Your fears aren't contagious.

I'd not suggest you fear getting 2019cCoV but rather be concerned for the potential supply line shortages that are almost certain to start impacting everyone shortly. If this continues at this rate in China for another 2 or 3 weeks, we're going to notice shortages in most manufactured goods from socks and underwear to oil filters. While the disruption won't be permanent, if it runs long enough (and 'long enough' probably isn't as long as most think) it has the risk of pushing the average Joe into 'panic' mode. When that happens, more shortages occur as people panic buy.

I'm not afraid of catching this thing, I'm afraid of what the average person, that really isn't paying any attention to this, is going to do when they suddenly can't buy dog food or athletic shoes or you name it.

I'm not worried about other people freaking out because they can't buy their preferred brand of dog chow at the local Walmart.

If the economy and everything actually gets to the point where people are worried about not being able to buy new underwear or change the oil in their car, then those are probably going to be least of your worries.

Either you're prepared for when the SHTF, or you're not. It just comes down to being willing to do what it takes to survive.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Iv just been messaged by 2 friends saying same thing about rumours of a confirmed person at john radcliffe in oxford, I hadn't mentioned that tweet to either of them. Getting to close to home for my liking

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MuldersMate
a reply to: AngelsDecay

What the *expletive* are you on about?

He is clearly impacted by the Mexican beer virus he mentions.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Dude, we're missing a piece of this puzzle still, but I don't know what.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
That box on a truck video is disturbing to say the least...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pommer89

Iv just been messaged by 2 friends saying same thing about rumours of a confirmed person at john radcliffe in oxford, I hadn't mentioned that tweet to either of them. Getting to close to home for my liking

Hey Pommer: I DO really get that. But we have to continue to be ruled by our reasoning. "Suspected persons," is just a term that seems really inflammatory to me, despite whatever risks we are all facing. I just hope we hold on to our humanity, while parsing the perhaps coming pandemic.
regards,
tet

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

In my mind it's not being reported to prevent panic in alot of places, also the test kits being in such short supply doesn't help, plus the having to re test multiple times to get a positive result

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Completely agree I hope it's just rumours

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pommer89

Completely agree I hope it's just rumours

Me, too, Pommer, Me, too.
wishing all of us the best.
tet

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
a reply to: AutomateThis1

It's quite ok. I understand you don't really get it.

It's not about the total death count.

It is about impacting lives. My children both got the h1n1 years ago and I tell you it's not a walk in the park. They were extremely I'll and there wasnt any rooms in the local hospital at the time because of so many sicknesses.

But that doesnt matter does it? You just keep trudging along and as long as nothing impacts you and your bubble it's all fine and dandy.

The lives of the people lost, you know, the death count, meant something to someone. Hell man, I've posted it several times here already, my good friend died of the flu just last year, he was healthy, but to you it's just a number and some end of the virus tally. But to his kids he was way more than that.

Some people such as yourself just don't get it until it happens to you, and when it does I hope you at least show a little compassion to your family or friends.

Unbelievable

No, I understand your need to lash out in anger.

I'm calm about it, because I do understand.

Do you feel better now that you got that out?

You must have missed a couple of my posts, and if not that's okay. I understand.

I'm not one to repeat what I've said, but I never once said that the people who are affected and/or die don't matter.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
just booked a plane ticket to Wuhan checking this out for myself

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Maybe it goes like this :

« We can help you, we have a vaccine... but remove those tariffs first... »

China halves tariffs on $75 billion worth of US goods, as coronavirus outbreak escalates

CNN
edit on 6-2-2020 by Maker22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Have a fun time in quarentine when your return

new topics

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join