It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Civil War of 2005 as predicted by John Titor

page: 209
<< 206  207  208    210  211  212 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Who did John Titor say would be President in 2008? I just have a terrible feeling about Obama!

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
You guys need to get off the internet and get outside with your guns!!!

We could use some help on the front lines, digging trenches, taking care of wounded, and attacking the enemy. We are also getting a bit short of ammunition and could really use some bicycle tires about now. We lost two squadrons just yesterday during a night time raid by the enemy. If you would stop playing games online, and instead help to fight for freedom and liberty we would stand a better chance.

Sheesh... we have been fighting without you for a few years now and it is time you began to pull your own weight dang nabbit!!! Your mama aint gonna be bringing home any oranges if we lose many more battles.

Report at once to your local freedom fighter base, bring ammo and bicycle tires, and fight the good fight.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The enemy is causing cancer not bullet wounds.

There is no better weapon in the battle for liberty than the word.

Sri Oracle

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7
Who did John Titor say would be President in 2008? I just have a terrible feeling about Obama!

He didn't say who the president would be in '08, yet he did say that the president would be focused on maintaining his or her power.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Titor did make at least ONE prediction right, and I pointed it out several pages ago. He said "There's nothing like the look on someone's face when you tell them 100,000 people will be dead tomorrow." Again, as I pointed out earlier, I know of only 3 things that have happened in the last 100 years that have resulted in 100,000 people being dead in, literally, 24 hours. The two atomic bomb drops on Japan, and the tsunami in southeast Asia.

I'm not saying he is right or wrong. I just find it CURIOUS that he chose that number, when before that tsunami, 100,000 (or more) deaths in a 24 hour period were the result of MAN'S actions, not natural. Yet, a "natural" phenomena resulted in 100,000 deaths in a 24 hour period, AS HE PREDICTED.

Let me repeat, ad nauseum, for those of you who suffer from poor reading comprehension. I do not say that Titor is for real, and I do not say he is fake. That being said (again), let's move on to something else.

The start of WWII can be varying dates. Do you date it from when the U.S. entered the war in 1941? Or, do you date it from Germany's invasion of Poland in 1939? Or, do you date it from the signing of the Versailles treaty? Depending on how you look at it, it could be any of the three, or ALL THREE depending on your frame of reference.

He also said "The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over." I believe that EVERYONE can agree that there is a significant chance of this coming true this year, especially if the dollar collapses, as it has given every indication it will.

He said "The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII."

I believe the phrase "will consume everyone in the US by 2012" indicates that full-blown civil war (as in like the North & the South) will not happen until 2012. Instead, the series of "Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse" is considered part of the start of the civil war. If you want to look at it, what was the start of our civil war? Was it Fort Sumter, or did it start much earlier with the erosion of State's Rights?

If you look at it from HIS perspective, in the aftermath of such a situation as he describes, where people are MUCH more educated on causes and effects in history, wouldn't it be more logical to assume that he predicates the start dates on the earliest showings of the events that precipitate a second civil war?

To repeat, for those with maximum reading comprehension deficits, I'm not saying he was right, and I'm not saying he (Titor) was wrong.

All I'm saying is before you can say he was wrong, you HAVE TO KNOW HOW HE DEFINED THE "START" OF CIVIL WAR (actual shots fired, or is he including all of the causes that lead up to it?).

Another interesting question: Since the Olympics have been divided into Summer and Winter games every 2 years, does anyone know if the 2008 Olympics are the second part of the 2006 Olympics, or the first part of the 2008 olympics?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Time to give it a rest sir_chancelot....
We've been through all of that before in this thread. Bottom line - Titor was wrong in everything. Period.
Why was he so wrong? Because it was a clever (well, clever at the time) hoax done by a couple people who are more than likely laughing and shaking their head at you guys now...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Titor did make at least ONE prediction right, and I pointed it out several pages ago. He said "There's nothing like the look on someone's face when you tell them 100,000 people will be dead tomorrow." Again, as I pointed out earlier, I know of only 3 things that have happened in the last 100 years that have resulted in 100,000 people being dead in, literally, 24 hours. The two atomic bomb drops on Japan, and the tsunami in southeast Asia.

I want to talk about the tsunami in SEA. It just doesn't seem plausible to me that this could possibly be what he was talking about, seeing as his main focus of discussion was about war and nukes, plus that tsunami didn't have that large of an effect on America, so it shouldn't have meant anything on either timeline.

The start of WWII can be varying dates. Do you date it from when the U.S. entered the war in 1941? Or, do you date it from Germany's invasion of Poland in 1939? Or, do you date it from the signing of the Versailles treaty? Depending on how you look at it, it could be any of the three, or ALL THREE depending on your frame of reference.

I see where you're headed with this, and I want to say ahead of time (assuming Titor is right) that I would date his WWIII as the day America enters the war. According to Titor, the war started with the nuking of a few major American cities, correct? So lets date it there.

He also said "The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over." I believe that EVERYONE can agree that there is a significant chance of this coming true this year, especially if the dollar collapses, as it has given every indication it will.

He also said that the war would start in 2004, but my question to you is: Why would he date it at 2004 if no one noticed it until 2008 or 2012/5? Nothing notable in regards to the war has happened yet, except maybe for the decline of the American dollar, which has only gotten worrisome recently. Even THEN I wouldn't think it would be the start of a civil war. As TJW said, things were a lot worse in the 60s and even then, we were nowhere close to a civil war. It's just not plausible to me.

I believe the phrase "will consume everyone in the US by 2012" indicates that full-blown civil war (as in like the North & the South) will not happen until 2012. Instead, the series of "Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse" is considered part of the start of the civil war. If you want to look at it, what was the start of our civil war? Was it Fort Sumter, or did it start much earlier with the erosion of State's Rights?

The problem with this statement is that there have been no Waco type events since 2004, at least nothing notable.

Another interesting question: Since the Olympics have been divided into Summer and Winter games every 2 years, does anyone know if the 2008 Olympics are the second part of the 2006 Olympics, or the first part of the 2008 olympics?

I think people would be wise to assume he was talking about the 2008 Olympics, just to be safe. As of right now, the '08 Olympics are not canceled, so it's safe to throw that back on the list of 'wrong'.

Look, I don't mind the debate on this, it just bothers me that there are people still trying to convince me (and others) that he is truly genuine. He wrote a great story and made a lot of great points and taught a lot of great lessons - but IMO that's the extent it should be discussed.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Time to give it a rest sir_chancelot....
We've been through all of that before in this thread. Bottom line - Titor was wrong in everything. Period.
Why was he so wrong? Because it was a clever (well, clever at the time) hoax done by a couple people who are more than likely laughing and shaking their head at you guys now...

I'm sorry, perhaps I missed the post where I said he was real. Or perhaps I missed the post where I said he was a hoaxer. Could you give me the link to refresh what I said? No? Oh, then I must not have said one way or the other.

What I DID say was that it is curious that he got THIS ONE right.

"...or suffering people in far away lands. There's nothing like the look on someone's face when you tell them 100,000 people will be dead tomorrow."

That quote has nothing to do with what is going on internally to the USA.

Can you please calculate for me the chances that he will have predicted some event that took 100,000 lives in less than 24 hours? Because, as far as I know, only 3 events have ever happened of that magnitude in the 20th century. The two bombings on Japan (already passed when he made that prediction), and this one.

This is the only event that was said to have 100,000 victims dead, and in less than 24 hours. Titor said that 100,000 people would be dead. You don't find that at least a bit curious? As far as I can tell, only 43 natural disasters in the entire history of the world took 100,000 or more lives. (I didn't find details to know if those things transpired in 24 hours or less) That makes 45 if you include the two bombings.

You don't find it curious that he predicted something would occur in a 24 hour period, and that it would kill 100,000 people, and something of that magnitude has only happened 42 other times (44 if bombings included) in the entire history of the world?

Again, no one answered my last question. Since the Olympic games have been split from every 4 years to the Summer/Winter games alternating every 2 years, are the 2008 games the end of the 2006 Olympics, or are they the beginning of the 2008 Olympics? Some sports nut should know the answer to this.

And as an aside..... It seems reading comprehension is even lower on this site than I anticipated.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
And as an aside..... It seems reading comprehension is even lower on this site than I anticipated.

There's just no need for that type of attack - really, all you have to do is read the read, no matter how long it takes for you to do so, and I guarantee you, you'll find the answer you're looking for.

What he was trying to say is that every single possibility has been gone through time and time again many times over the course of this thread.

Neither Olympics were canceled, so why does it even matter?

Also, a natural disaster was neither mentioned before or after the time, so I don't see where you're going with this.

[edit on 2/11/2008 by Legend]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Legend

im gonna jump in and answer a few questions, that could provide some leeway toward titors claims.

He also said that the war would start in 2004, but my question to you is: Why would he date it at 2004 if no one noticed it until 2008 or 2012/5? Nothing notable in regards to the war has happened yet, ...

in the year 2005 our govt (under the administration of Bush(2004)) started a covert operation under the code name FALCON. its main purpose was to militarizes local police forces w/ the assistance of US Marshals. they would initiate siege type tactics upon "criminals"(WACO type?). the public was not made aware of this till late 2007. this operation is still on going and its success rate is climbing.

And with the resent redefining of what constitutes as terrorist activity, im certain more than just criminals are being apprehended. *tho that is speculation at this point(time will tell).

adding proof that the media CAN control what we are aware of(some believe that to be a task to big).

im not here to convince any one of what titors has said either(ive argued that point countless times). if the current affairs of our world were different than what they are now, i would not be wasting my time in this thread. im here because repeatedly bits and pieces of past/present deeds come to light and align with titors claims. [they do not confirm, but they do support]

Look, I don't mind the debate on this...

i dont mind it either, however when ad hominids start to show up it gets a bit taxing.

[edit on 11/2/08 by Glyph_D]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Thank you for answering. I was just thinking about it the other day, when I was watching the news. Something about Obama and Hillary made me want to find out what Titor said about the next president.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Don't forget the percentage of error that alternate timelines supposedly have. So his 2004, doesn't mean it has to be 2004.

Anyone who feels 100,000 deaths are insignificant, just because it wasn't in their country, is quite a heartless and crude person. That Tsunami was a major disaster, and known worldwide. Bush and Clinton's commercial still airs occasionally to help those who suffered losses of life and shelter.

The war against the people does exist. The term domestic terrorism, the patriot act, wire-tapping, tasers, raids, etc. If you don't see the citizens being attacked, that is because you are to cozy in your own life that denial makes it stay quite easy and comfortable, don't blame you, it is better to be ignorant of the truth than to be one who cannot control their fears and go crazy over it.

I do find the statement his or her quite telling, since, this was before the thought of Hilary making a serious run for president was even a twinkle in most peoples' eyes. Isn't that a tell? Showing that a female was running, though with the margin of discrepancy to his timeline, she might not have won it in ours, it at least shows he knew that she would run before most would have.

Am I claiming that Titor was a real time-traveler? No.

But, if you feel this is pointless, then you should leave the thread, no one makes you read it, no one makes you respond. If you cannot be polite and constructive, then find somewhere else to divert your attention. Rudeness worn on your sleeve creates quite the ugly image.

I find this interesting. The things I don't wish to discuss, I don't raid their topics and tell them it is senseless and the topic should be left alone. No, I say, good for them. Glad they can enjoy discussing it.

The most I did was try to get the Reptilian believers to thoroughly discuss and describe why, how, and what brought them to their conclusion of them existing without doubt. I did so in a respectful way, as I would want someone to be in return if they disagreed with me, or didn't understand where I was coming from.

Freedom is a beautiful thing, they are free to discuss, I am free to ignore it. Works wonderfully, yes?

The Titor-phenomenon. It is quite interesting whether you believe it or not, whether it happens or not ... regardless if he was 'real' or not. Take it as entertainment, truth, in-between, or nothing at all. Your choice, let others choose for themselves.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
There is no way I could read all of these pages but it seems that you all are focusing on WWIII.

Just curious but didn't John Titor say something about 'The American Civil War'?

Who was supposed to be fighting this war?

The North and South?
Mexico and United States.
The blacks and whites?
Who ?????

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Sorry I'm late to respond, been busy working on my time machine. lol

In this day and age a civil war in a country like the U.S. would not go unnoticed as it would be the biggest news story in almost 200 years.

You said, in this day and age?

In this day and age anything is possible, in most American homes today the living room is where the enemy takes it's seat unnoticed. The combination of media and technology is worth more than the sum of its parts, it's in good working alignment to quell violence or any event that may get out of hand.

They control global media grids and enjoy keeping the masses numb. In this day and age they have the technology to wage war in any dwelling place unnoticed..

The biggest news story in the world will come from them, when they can't control the sum of its parts. And remember, The conflict was not about taking and holding ground it was about order and rights.

The war must of been very noticeable in 2011....
Titor mentions, outright open fighting in 2011... middle of the Civil War is in 2011.. It is when Titor joins a shotgun infantry unit in 2011.

But all that was on Titor's world line..

Doesn't matter if the techniques are never before seen, or techniques that have been used for centuries, the fact remains, if there was a civil war going on everyone in the world would know it by now.

This story been told once before.. While they slowly come out of there Trojan Horse, they keep the masses in a drunken stupor..

There's been a series of contingent events that many have question, but never been answered. Sluggardly as time moves on their gradual systematic attacks fall silent and become greater in strength. Once you see past their hard exterior of deception, the events are right there in front of you.

I took this screen shot today with my camera.. As they say 'a picture is worth a thousand words'.

Lou Dobbs thinks the elites treasure your silence, as it enables them to claim America's future for their own.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
ThatsJustWeird

Lou Dobbs say's, the elites treasure your silence, as it enables them to claim America's future for their own. Maybe you should read his book, War on the Middle Class, in which he describes government, corporate, and special interest groups which have unofficially declared war on the middle class.

Titor stated that the civil war would start in 2004. He stated several times he didn't believe our worldline was that different and that he believed the same events would happen. The war in his and ours would last from 2004-2015 making ~2009 as the middle.

Here is where you are WRONG...... VERY WRONG.

Titor only illuminates what may happen in ours.

Titor believed our world line wasn't that different when he first arrived.. AND he says.. the longer I am here, the larger that divergence becomes from my point of view. He also said, If I go forward to “your” 2036 now, it would probably look nothing like mine.

I'm quoting you ThatsJustWeird "The war in his and ours would last from 2004-2015 making ~2009 as the middle."

It seem's you are deliberately distorting and twisting the subject, Titor never mentions any dates for our world line, in fact he say's.. I have no idea what happens to you in your future.

Here are some of his qoutes.

I have no idea what happens to you in your future.
If I go forward to “your” 2036 now, it would probably look nothing like mine
the longer I am here, the larger that divergence becomes from my point of view.
I don't know any other way to tell you that I am unaware of what happens in the next week.

ThatsJustWeird..
Why do you go by Titor's worldline and pretend it's the same as ours?
Why do you give false statements?
Why do you want people to believe Titor predicted a date for our Civil War?
What is your lengthy bogus agenda about?

despite how badly you want millions of people to die.
You want this civil war to happen right?
What do you think is going to happen?

Even if you think there is no Civil War, or if it doesn't escalate like in Titor's world line, millions of people will probably die anyway, over and over again, there is nothing stoping the Russians over and over again, that is if we are passing from one universe to another.. I'm probably giving you several different answers as well, I suppose you already know the answers to your questions then lol.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by imitator]

couldn't edit my REPLY DRAFT.. must of hit wrong button.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by imitator]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Sir, I know I quoted you (sorry) but that was more in general, not necessarily to you

Though we have indeed been through what you're talking about before...
1. Titor was in no way making a prediction. Why did you only post half the quote?
2. Well over 250,000 people died in the tsunami (estimated at 350,000). Even if was talking about the tsunami, that would be the divergence between his world and this is well over 100%

Meaning absolutely nothing in his world would come true in ours....

Edit: ^ #2 was to all the Titorites

MagicaRose:
No one has been talking about WW3. This discussion HAS been about the civil war. The Titorites don't want to talk about WW3 because that is where Titor really messed up in the hoax.

Just curious but didn't John Titor say something about 'The American Civil War'?

Who was supposed to be fighting this war?

The North and South?
Mexico and United States.
The blacks and whites?
Who ?????

He said it would be the city vs. the country. Another place where he messed up, as there is no division between urban areas and rural area. And what about suburban areas?

imitator:

You said, in this day and age?

In this day and age anything is possible, in most American homes today the living room is where the enemy takes it's seat unnoticed. The combination of media and technology is worth more than the sum of its parts, it's in good working alignment to quell violence or any event that may get out of hand.

They control global media grids and enjoy keeping the masses numb. In this day and age they have the technology to wage war in any dwelling place unnoticed..

You my friend are living in some sort of dream world.
1. Who is "they"?
2. lol, everything else is DEAD wrong. What you are suggesting is categorically impossible. What you are saying isn't even possible in the most remote regions of this earth so you know good and well it wouldn't be possible here.

Titor mentions, outright open fighting in 2011... middle of the Civil War is in 2011.. It is when Titor joins a shotgun infantry unit in 2011.

You all like posting half quotes or taking things out of context. Read what he said again. He was just talking about the year 2011. He didn't say open fighting would start then. If the rebels already have infantry units by then, then of course open fighting would have started well before then.

ThatsJustWeird..
Why do you go by Titor's worldline and pretend it's the same as ours?

I'm asking the Titorites the same thing.
I'm not going by anything as it was a hoax, meaning not real.

Why do you give false statements?

I have given nothing but facts and what Titor has stated!
THANK YOU for pointing out his blatant contradictions!!

Why do you want people to believe Titor predicted a date for our Civil War?

No, I'm asking you Titorites that!
That's what this whole thread has been about!!!

What is your lengthy bogus agenda about?

Can't be bogus if there isn't anything. You people amuse me. You guys are a good psych study on the human mind, and people's gullibility.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatsJustWeird

I do not believe that it occurs to you that it is a possibility that Titor was NOT a Hoax, and also that he never predicted anything.

Frankly, I see us in a bad way nowadays. Parallel Worldlines, if they exist, mean that Titor can be right at the same time as getting everything he recalls about his own worldline WRONG.

If he was from a different worldline, it's quite possible that events will unfurl in a SIMILAR but not IDENTICAL fashion.

And, as I posted previously in this thread, why is it nobody ever considers the fact that Y2K totally devestated the computing industry in Titor's worldline? No Youtube, no Ron Paul, No Facebook, no Internet to speak of. How is that a NON-trivial difference between worlds? That is a huge difference, and it would completely change the strategy of whoever starts the war Titor liked to talk about.

It effects how Complacent the average citizen is... it effects how angry they are; with less distractions, people pay more attention to what is actually going on.

Honestly. Titor could be a genuine world-walker and still be totally wrong about the 'How'.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
I do not believe that it occurs to you that it is a possibility that Titor was NOT a Hoax, and also that he never predicted anything.

Frankly, I see us in a bad way nowadays. Parallel Worldlines, if they exist, mean that Titor can be right at the same time as getting everything he recalls about his own worldline WRONG.

That theory is great and all, but - that's not what the thread is about.

This thread is about the Civil War that he predicted, which would ultimately lead us into World War III.

What you said could very well be a possibility, but then we wouldn't even need to discuss this, as his world line is 100% different and we have nothing to worry about.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I do not personally believe this but it could be true. After all life is just a quadrillion situations happening after another, even the wind blowing, somebody time traveling into a destination that has already existed would alter the future just by the air displacement.

Maybe the powers that control public 'events' caught wind of the time traveler story and changed the events.

Anything is possible.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The Titorites don't want to talk about WW3 because that is where Titor really messed up in the hoax.

He said it would be the city vs. the country. Another place where he messed up, as there is no division between urban areas and rural area. And what about suburban areas?

you wrote these deliberately to get someones attention...correct?

where is the folly in these two claims?

1 you've argued "mutual assured destruction" many times as if that alone will prevent any nuclear war. titor claims much of the modern world is gone because of ww3. it seems MAD is accepted and a chance was taken in titors timeline.

could the same decision be made in our timeline?

2 when the dollar falls(and it will) there will be a very large divide between the "haves and have nots".

He was just talking about the year 2011. He didn't say open fighting would start then. If the rebels already have infantry units by then, then of course open fighting would have started well before then.

this point of view is correct, however your other forms of thought conflict with a rational outlook.

on titors timline open fighting was common BY 2011.
(when did open fighting begin?)
you and others suggest that open fighting starts when the civil war starts.
(???)
if that was the case isnt it redundant to state open fighting is common by a date later than the start?
(it appears 2004 is NOT the start of open fighting)
in conjunction with the statement of 2008 being the date of realization and breach of everyones doorstep.
(it "seems" 2008 is when the SHTF)

my biggest reason i stick around here and contend with the ANTItitorites is because the extreme lack of attention to detail. nearly every claim of hoax ive came across was conjured through haste, and could be picked apart by the details.

you would think the details would reveal titor to be a hoax, however the opposite is the result. the only claim titor made that can be argued(legitimately) is the claim of traveling through time.

top topics

<< 206  207  208    210  211  212 >>

join