It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Civil War of 2005 as predicted by John Titor

page: 206
<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Because he's one important spearhead of the revolution, resistance to the all powerful government and the coming crisis. If he's killed, all bets are off.

I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE say you are. You can not possibly be serious.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogHead
titor claimed the 08 olympics wouldn't happen and that indeed there wouldn't be any more for decades... so right there is a way bigger, even less ambiguous test.

I haven't posted here in about a year or so, and before I read this post, that was the major thing I was going to mention in my first post back.

Without having followed the Titor story in over a year, the one thing any monkey can say is that the 2008 Olympics weren't canceled (as of right now) due to civil unrest, and it doesn't look like it will happen at all. Things are the same as they were in 2005-2006, and we haven't noticed any civil differences on the scale of a "civil war".

Entering 2008, we come to see that ZERO of his predictions are coming true, and to the believers out there (all six of you) - just stop wasting your time.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I totally disagree with you Legend, our world to some extent is like Titor's, but not the same. I do believe Titor even mentions something like that. The 2008 Olympics can go on here or still be cancelled, it doesn't matter. Titor said, I have no idea what happens to you in your future.

There is no doubt we are fighting the same forces as Titor, the radicalization of our society will turn on each other.

What does matter is bike tires, to foresee an American civil war coming.
2008 already started off with surprises, as has previous years. The ride is about to get turbulent by 10 fold.

It's best be prepared, buy your bike tires now.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by imitator]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
I totally disagree with you Legend, our world to some extent is like Titor's, but not the same. I do believe Titor even mentions something like that. The 2008 Olympics can go on here or still be cancelled, it doesn't matter. Titor said, I have no idea what happens to you in your future.

Are you kidding me? NOTHING that Titor said, except for the tasers (which were used before his time, anyway) turned out to be true. Civil War, Olympics, WACO-type events, nothing.

Lets assume for one second that he really was a genuine time traveler. What makes you think that anything he said is going to come true, considering this 1% divergence between timelines? It looks to me that a LOT of stuff fell into that small 1% divergence he kept talking about, and I mean major stuff. When I think 1% divergence, I think of the wind blowing the opposite direction on a certain day, or a bee landing on a different flower, not the difference between whether or not a CIVIL WAR happens.

It perplexes me that there are people out there who are STILL buying into this crap. Yeah, it was an amazing story, and I don't regret spending 2-3 years following it, but it was a hoax.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I still totally disagree with you Legend, at least you can see new weapons are being used against us. Since you mentioned tasers, did you know at least 3 people have died by Taser just this month.

Titor said, the longer I am here, the larger that divergence becomes from my point of view. He also said, If I go forward to “your” 2036 now, it would probably look nothing like mine. And again he said, I have no idea what happens to you in your future.

You all going by Titor's worldline expecting the dates and events to be the same as ours? WTF. As of now the divergence has increased, so it is whether or not a CIVIL WAR happens. Titor left us clues, and the prevailing winds are blowing clues in the Civil War direction.

For example, barbaric invaders are destroying our Constitution and our laws as they did in Titor's world, and it's probably by the same totalitarian society. Anyway it's a new kind of Civil War, The "War on Terrorism" is the War on you. And still the pot is boiling, but the frog is swimming around contentedly, unaware of impending doom.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by imitator

Well, I just want to poke my head in here...

A retarded lemur could be able to "predict" that a weapon that can easily kill and is yet considered "non lethal," while being considered a "first option" by law enforcement, is going to kill more than its share of people. For true.

It's really not that surprising, is all I'm saying.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
So if divergence actually erases Titor's future (or his past, as it were, pertaining to our evolving timeline), what exactly was his purpose for traveling back in time? What he says he lived and saw apparently does not happen, now.

What if I somehow travel back a few decades and announce a series of expectations which, for the people in that period, never take place? . .

Will they eventually yell, "HOAX!"?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitatorTitor said, the longer I am here, the larger that divergence becomes from my point of view. He also said, If I go forward to “your” 2036 now, it would probably look nothing like mine. And again he said, I have no idea what happens to you in your future.

So what, you're here to prove he's a genuine time traveler and not to prove that anything he's said is coming true?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Titor has no idea what happens to us in our future, nevertheless we are living under simulative conditions as his. He noticed events that happen at different times. If you carefully think about it, there is no designated starting time.

Titor's world has transpired into ours, but the forces of delusion over shadow the forces of truth. Whence we come out of slumberland, the Civil War will no longer have a false appearance.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Imitator:

So, to nutshell, you do not and never will have any proof of the existence of John Titor, yet you will participate in debates on whether or not he is real...

At least a few years ago, we had something to go by to find out whether or not he's real. Now you're trying to argue twisted thinking with physical proof.

But hey, if you're still set on him being genuine, that has nothing to do with me, and it's not my place to try to change that.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I just looked at my doorstep, and the civil war wasn't there

and the millerites still owe me 49 waco-like events covered by the mainstream media like the original event that steadily get worse and result in people moving from the cities to the country because they fear their rights are being taken away, but start a war with other citizens instead of a revolution against the gov't .

it makes no sense, does it ? not on any level

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

he stated there is about a 2% divergence between the timelines

and

if he has no idea what happens in ours , how is he significant in any way ?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
You mean there are still John Titor supporters around? Newflash: That dude was WRONG. Probably some 40 year old guy who never had a girlfriend living in his mother's basement having some fun with the world.

[edit on 1/29/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
My current view on this is 95% hoax and 5% maybe. Since he said "By 2008 you will find out..." then it's off to the silly game of is it beginning, middle or end of 2008...If his intention was to warn then this is a lousy way of going about it since from 2004 there has been no civil war....clear as day.
If no concrete evidence is present then all is left is general outlines of doom and gloom that bad stuff will happen in the future which anyone can 'predict.'

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Legend, and you have no proof of it being a hoax, yet you will debate it's a hoax. What was you clinging onto a few years ago, was it dates or specific events that happened in his worldline? Titor said, he would not disclose any information or events for us.

Maybe all the twisting and fabricating is from those who scream HOAX, maybe it comes from emotion rather than by reason, or could it be abysmal misery is screaming for attention. Is this the way you would react when another time traveler shows up. In a nutshell, I wouldn't be surprised the HOAX screamers are into mindless reality tv or the current news of Britney Spears. Why ask silly questions when they have already been answered. Really.

The 2% divergence was a infinitesimal point that has long passed. Titor once said, I don't know any other way to tell you that I am unaware of what happens in the next week.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by imitator]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
Legend, and you have no proof of it being a hoax, yet you will debate it's a hoax.

Are you a time traveler from the year 2001? NOTHING happened that he said would happen. If none of his 'prophecies' came true, why would you think anything else was coming true? You're not thinking with any kind of logic.

Maybe all the twisting and fabricating is from those who scream HOAX, maybe it comes from emotion rather than by reason, or could it be abysmal misery is screaming for attention. Is this the way you would react when another time traveler shows up. In a nutshell, I wouldn't be surprised the HOAX screamers are into mindless reality tv or the current news of Britney Spears. Why ask silly questions when they have already been answered. Really.

My claim doesn't come from emotion, or my mind blocking me from the "truth". It comes from the fact that he was dead wrong on just about every single thing he's said.

The 2% divergence was a infinitesimal point that has long passed. Titor once said, I don't know any other way to tell you that I am unaware of what happens in the next week.

You seem pretty hell bent on warning us about the same war Titor was trying to "warn" us about. You seem to think you know more about what's going to happen next week than the rest of us as a result. John Titor is nothing more than a very intelligent and bored man having fun with thousands over the internet. That's the end of the story.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legend

NOTHING happened that he said would happen. If none of his 'prophecies' came true, why would you think anything else was coming true? You're not thinking with any kind of logic.

It's plain and simple that Titor does not know our future, he even mentions it several times. So what did he say would happen in our future? Prophecies is something that comes from a prophet not a time traveler. Titor did not declare himself a prophet. Where is your logic, where is his prophecies?

You think nothing has happened, maybe your not aware that something has happened. For example, the mainstream press doesn't tell you everything, and if they did, it's probably distorted. Anyway..

Lets look at the happened or HAPPENING things.

It's funny Titor calls George Bush "leader"... The President or "leader" quotes like a fascist "leader" how fitting is that! check mark!

Titor said, George Bush drove a larger wedge into the Bill of Rights. check mark, way to go Neocons!

Iraq nukes was BS to whip everyone up. check mark!

Your homes being searched for no apparent reason. check mark, SWAT Raids, paramilitary-style!

new non-lethal weapons deadly. check mark, A man riding a bicycle with improper lighting equipment was shot with a Taser stun gun yesterday. tisk tisk.. 3 died this month from Taser.

Titor was asked, Which countries are on our side in the war? He responded, Don't have much to add there. check mark, referring to WW3.. this one is probably right, nobody likes us now.

The Civil War was about order and rights, They were betting that people wanted security instead of freedom and they were wrong. check mark, I think people see this now. I guess that would mean Civil War has already started.

Having a copy of the Constitution. check mark, this one you hear plenty now days.

Degrading and inconsistent with foreign policy.. Western stability collapse, check check

Titor said, None of the things will be a surprise. check check .. and so on.

Enough for now.. thanks for your opinion Legend, you can go by Titor's worldline and pretend it's the same as ours, and that goes for the rest of you anti-Titoes.. Foe me, I'll stick with clues that connects us to Titor's world.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Having followed Titor and both arguments for... years now, since back in 2004, I am constantly surprised and ashamed of the people who believed he WAS a timetraveller from an alternate future that do not latch onto the most painfully obvious reason that things aren't playing out like Titor said they would;

The Internet.

How can you mitigate the fact that in Titor's claimed timeline, the Y2K bug basically crippled and crashed the entire electronics industry? Do you even realize how big a difference that sort of change would have made in the outcome of thigns?

How people feel, how distracted or entertained they were, could they voice their dissent or opinion.

As an example, Ron Paul would not exist to the public if not for the internet. His voice, and his concentration on the Constitution would be absent this political cycle, as the views are entirely unwelcome to those in power.

And this is merely ONE THING that the internet has affected! There are a thousand, perhaps a million other small things that completely change the eventual scenario that Titor described.

Let us assume, for a moment, that he WAS a time-traveller, that he DID have a grandfather who worked at IBM, and that everything he said was true. What would the outcome of warning his Grandfather be? How would our world change if the internet did not fail in 2000?

What would it have been like if Y2K did exactly as had been feared, and brought the entire system to a halt?

I would imagine that, without the oversight provided by the open network of scrutinizing watchers that pervey the internet for news of governmental abuse, MORE would have happened during the Bush Presidency, and we would have been stripped of all our rights quickly.

But now I am playing the hypothetical game. What it boils down to is, if Titor is right about his timeline, and I am right about ours... that single simple change (Y2K) would have quickly rendered Titor's world a remote possibility from ours.

That being said, I half-agree with Titor. I think our culture is a bunch of decadent, self indulgent pricks who are so self-absorbed and selfish that we honestly don't deserve the world that we COULD create if we wanted to.

I think the world is worse off because Titor's reality will never happen. The jury is still out on our own future, but things are looking quite bleak lately.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Actually, the Y2K bug did exist. It was fixed before it had any affect, but it would have done some severe damage to computer dependent facilities. However, it was fixed with a patch beforehand, something that any body working in the field would have made sure was done.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by imitatorIt's plain and simple that Titor does not know our future, he even mentions it several times. So what did he say would happen in our future? Prophecies is something that comes from a prophet not a time traveler. Titor did not declare himself a prophet. Where is your logic, where is his prophecies?

Uhh... What does this have to do with Titor being dead WRONG about everything he was saying about OUR future (or present, however you want to look at it).

You think nothing has happened, maybe your not aware that something has happened. For example, the mainstream press doesn't tell you everything, and if they did, it's probably distorted. Anyway..

Lets look at the happened or HAPPENING things.

If a CIVIL WAR was going on right outside your house, you think you wouldn't see it on the news? Alright boys, time to break out the tin foil hats.

It's funny Titor calls George Bush "leader"... The President or "leader" quotes like a fascist "leader" how fitting is that! check mark!

Titor said, George Bush drove a larger wedge into the Bill of Rights. check mark, way to go Neocons!

Iraq nukes was BS to whip everyone up. check mark!

Your homes being searched for no apparent reason. check mark, SWAT Raids, paramilitary-style!

new non-lethal weapons deadly. check mark, A man riding a bicycle with improper lighting equipment was shot with a Taser stun gun yesterday. tisk tisk.. 3 died this month from Taser.

Are you making up stories? This "wedge" doesn't exist - you act like you can't drive a "wedge" into a state bank account if you're beaten for protesting non-violently.

Also, I want to see a link about this biker being tasered. Until I see a link, I'm going to have to go ahead and assume you're just making up stories.

Titor was asked, Which countries are on our side in the war? He responded, Don't have much to add there. check mark, referring to WW3.. this one is probably right, nobody likes us now.

I'm pretty sure we're being backed by a majority of the UN, even though they don't want to. Good thing there's a PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION in November.

The Civil War was about order and rights, They were betting that people wanted security instead of freedom and they were wrong. check mark, I think people see this now. I guess that would mean Civil War has already started.

No, a civil war hasn't started. There may be slight civil unrest due to the division in politics, but no one's outright fighting. A protest in Washington doesn't count as a civil war, despite how much you want one.

Having a copy of the Constitution. check mark, this one you hear plenty now days.

Degrading and inconsistent with foreign policy.. Western stability collapse, check check

Presidential election. Not even the republicans are keeping Bush's policies.

Titor said, None of the things will be a surprise. check check .. and so on.

I'd be pretty damned surprised if a CIVIL WAR broke out right outside my house.

Enough for now.. thanks for your opinion Legend, you can go by Titor's worldline and pretend it's the same as ours, and that goes for the rest of you anti-Titoes.. Foe me, I'll stick with clues that connects us to Titor's world.

What don't you understand about 1-2% divergence? I said this before - a 1-2% divergence doesn't mean the difference between the Y2K problem, a CIVIL WAR, 2 billion deaths.

Once again, John Titor was a very intelligent and bored man who is STILL profiting off of gullible people like you on the internet.

new topics

top topics

<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join