It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knitting community bans posts supporting Trump - such posts are support for white supremacy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: InTheLight

a reply to: InTheLight

I don't think you know what inclusivity means, otherwise you wouldn't be using that word right now.

It means not targeting minorities on knitting forums with hate speech, in this particular case.

But isn't that exactly what the site is doing?

I know the site is well within their right to ban whomever they please, I just thought it was hilarious you kept using the word inclusivity in their defense.

Ravelry uses the word inclusion on their site. It is their word and their mandate...which I am repeating here, so as to help explain their position better.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

They should probably change it to: Inclusion -- unless you're a Trump supporter.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

They should probably change it to: Inclusion -- unless you're a Trump supporter.

No - Inclusion - unless you're a Trump supporter who hates.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Or..

Inclusion - unless you're a Trump supporter who hates. But Trump haters are welcome!

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Or..

Inclusion - unless you're a Trump supporter who hates. But Trump haters are welcome!

It appears that racism in the knitting communities is an issue.

www.vox.com...
edit on 16CDT03America/Chicago02630330 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hey. I only found that the response to this whole thing is clearly blown out the water because it has Trumps named attatched to it.

If this knitting club were to keep his name out of it, would people still be freaking out that they don't want racism and hate on their forums?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It's pretty sad when people will defend censorship, use their hatred and irrationality to ban and dismiss people.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: ketsuko

Hey. I only found that the response to this whole thing is clearly blown out the water because it has Trumps named attatched to it.

If this knitting club were to keep his name out of it, would people still be freaking out that they don't want racism and hate on their forums?

We don't know the details of the hate speech/posts to other minority members and in what relation Trump's name and/or policies were thrown in there for political reasons, but from the statement from them, there was a connection.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Pics or it didn't happen.

Generally speaking, support for Trump being equated to support for white supremacy is utter nonsense!

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Still avoiding the question.

Don't bother. It's quite obvious what the answer is.

Whatever. Hate loses.

and you wonder whay Trump won in 2016.

You really have spun some yarn here, Great Job!!

you just spoke Volumes, hope that doesn't knit your brow too much
edit on 24-6-2019 by thedigirati because: inclusivly restrictive, it's the new normal. anyone can join, just all cannot speak.

link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

I have been a member of Ravelry for years. It is NOT just a knitting comunity. Anything having to do with sewing, fiber animal husbandry, weaving, knitting, crochet, yarn making, anything having to do with fiber, is represented there. It has been a fantastic free resource for millions.

All ages have groups there. And, I may add, there are everything from Pagan and satnist groups to Evangelical Christian groups on the site. It is bascially a bunch of forums like ATS.

I have seen some patterns for adult things. I have seen adult-oriented groups. I have seen filth in some of the private groups.

I am appalled that our President is the one thing banned.

I am going to check into this.

link   

originally posted by: tjack

Generally speaking, support for Trump being equated to support for white supremacy is utter nonsense!

It appears within this particular forum on this particular site white supremacy was connected to Trump within political hate attacks on minority members by people who must have claimed to be Trump supporters.

link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

originally posted by: DAVID64

Still avoiding the question.

Don't bother. It's quite obvious what the answer is.

Whatever. Hate loses.

and you wonder whay Trump won in 2016.

you just spoke Volumes, hope that doesn't knit your brow too much

Trump won because hate ruled against Hilary and you know it.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: katfish
a reply to: mobiusmale

I have been a member of Ravelry for years. It is NOT just a knitting comunity. Anything having to do with sewing, fiber animal husbandry, weaving, knitting, crochet, yarn making, anything having to do with fiber, is represented there. It has been a fantastic free resource for millions.

All ages have groups there. And, I may add, there are everything from Pagan and satnist groups to Evangelical Christian groups on the site. It is bascially a bunch of forums like ATS.

I have seen some patterns for adult things. I have seen adult-oriented groups. I have seen filth in some of the private groups.

I am appalled that our President is the one thing banned.

I am going to check into this.

I don't think Trump was banned as a member, only his supporters spewing hate to other members. But, what a thought.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

And you still haven't answered my question - Would supporting Bernie or Biden be white supremacy? Would supporting Obama be black supremacy?

Wording it as support for Trump is white supremacy is very specific.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And you still haven't answered my question - Would supporting Bernie or Biden be white supremacy? Would supporting Obama be black supremacy?

Wording it as support for Trump is white supremacy is very specific.

Only in the context as to the hate spewing Ravely members admitting to be Trump supporters and their hate posts reflecting white supremacy, which by the way, is happening in other knitting arenas as well. With social media also comes exposure.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tjack

It appears within this particular forum on this particular site white supremacy was connected to Trump within political hate attacks on minority members by people who must have claimed to be Trump supporters.

Not saying it didn't happen like that, it's just that there's been approximately a million of these things turn out to be made up by attention seeking, virtue signaling fools since before Trump won so I need a little more convincing these days.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Censorship is a tool of cowards.

They are Knot-zees.

Dirty sew & sews.

I'll show myself out. . . .

Censorship of hate is a step forward.

No, I wanted to give you the boot out the door.

Silencing opinions because you consider them hate is a perfect example of very small thinking.

Hate speech targeted at certain people are not opinions.

What is hateful to you may not be hateful to others.

Hate is subjective.

Much like how you equating Trump supporters to swastikas can be perceived as hate from "certain people".

When it comes to that site, what they consider hate is clearly laid out in the rules.

What can this picture possibly represent?

just to be really clear here, you are stating that Trump supporters are NAZI's? Or is it possible it's just that some NAZI's are Trump supporters? I need to know so I can categorize lefties in the situation of ANTIFA, the NEW Zealand shooting, the Steve Scalize shooting, and some other left wing aggression that was violent.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I was asking a question - what does this represent?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

No, I do not "know it" thank you for stepping on MY FREE SPEECH. I did not put words in your mouth.

You sure are quick to put them in mine, I think that is hate speech and you should be banned for it.

How precious, is your safety helmet loose?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join