It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knitting community bans posts supporting Trump - such posts are support for white supremacy

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
a reply to: InTheLight

No, I do not "know it" thank you for stepping on MY FREE SPEECH. I did not put words in your mouth.

You sure are quick to put them in mine, I think that is hate speech and you should be banned for it.

How precious, is your safety helmet loose?

Oh sorry I thought logic ruled here...my bad.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Only in the context as to the hate spewing Ravely members admitting to be Trump supporters and their hate posts reflecting white supremacy

your bias is showing. is there any proof at all that this actually happened? or does it just "sound right to you"?

it seems very clear to me that saying "i hope trump wins is 2020" would fall under this ban, as its clearly stated that "support for the president is support for racism"

you are very obviously jumping though some mental hoops yourself to justify this action and your own bias.

you agree with it, so you are going to carry water for them.

there is no evidence of "toxic trump supporters" on Ravely you invented it because it fits your bias.

"Trump 2020" is not a dog whistle for nazis and the MAGA hat isn't the new white hood. grow up.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

Only in the context as to the hate spewing Ravely members admitting to be Trump supporters and their hate posts reflecting white supremacy

your bias is showing. is there any proof at all that this actually happened? or does it just "sound right to you"?

it seems very clear to me that saying "i hope trump wins is 2020" would fall under this ban, as its clearly stated that "support for the president is support for racism"

you are very obviously jumping though some mental hoops yourself to justify this action and your own bias.

you agree with it, so you are going to carry water for them.

there is no evidence of "toxic trump supporters" on Ravely you invented it because it fits your bias.

"Trump 2020" is not a dog whistle for nazis and the MAGA hat isn't the new white hood. grow up.

Then prove to me I am wrong, just saying so won't cut it.
edit on 16CDT04America/Chicago00440430 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: network dude

I was asking a question - what does this represent?

this represents free speech in America, which I am will to die for, are YOU?

I took an Oath when I was in the Marines, it had no expiration date, I'll even die to pretect the drivel you spew.

what are YOU willing to die for?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

a reply to: network dude

I was asking a question - what does this represent?

this represents free speech in America, which I am will to die for, are YOU?

I took an Oath when I was in the Marines, it had no expiration date, I'll even die to pretect the drivel you spew.

what are YOU willing to die for?

What does that swastika on his arm represent?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Censorship is a tool of cowards.

They are Knot-zees.

Dirty sew & sews.

I'll show myself out. . . .

Censorship of hate is a step forward.

No, I wanted to give you the boot out the door.

Silencing opinions because you consider them hate is a perfect example of very small thinking.

Hate speech targeted at certain people are not opinions.

What is hateful to you may not be hateful to others.

Hate is subjective.

Much like how you equating Trump supporters to swastikas can be perceived as hate from "certain people".

When it comes to that site, what they consider hate is clearly laid out in the rules.

What can this picture possibly represent?

Ah yes...the infamous Joey Salads photo...the one that was falsely reported as being taken at Charlottesville. The truth is that he's a youtube prankster who wore it to a Trump rally to see if he'd be called out by Trump supporters, thus proving they're not nazis....and he was called out for it. But you keep using it to prove your point......makes you look kind of dishonest......

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

They are Knot-zees.

Dirty sew & sews.

Silencing opinions because you consider them hate is a perfect example of very small thinking.

Hate is subjective.

Much like how you equating Trump supporters to swastikas can be perceived as hate from "certain people".

When it comes to that site, what they consider hate is clearly laid out in the rules.

Ah yes...the infamous Joey Salads photo...the one that was falsely reported as being taken at Charlottesville. The truth is that he's a youtube prankster who wore it to a Trump rally to see if he'd be called out by Trump supporters, thus proving they're not nazis....and he was called out for it. But you keep using it to prove your point......makes you look kind of dishonest......

I asked a question...what does this picture represent?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

They are Knot-zees.

Dirty sew & sews.

Hate is subjective.

Sure does. Sad.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tjack

They are Knot-zees.

Dirty sew & sews.

Hate is subjective.

Sure does. Sad.

What about this, does it make me look dishonest too?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

You know exactly what I mean. And I have seen all kinds of stuff on the forums. Why censor Trump supporters but not the Hillary-Biden-Bernie supporters? They write some evil crap.

Why aren't
trans-people insulted by the cis-gender knitted dildo covers?

If we are all playing offended, I win. Ban everyone who ever told a blonde joke! I demand it.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

They are Knot-zees.

Dirty sew & sews.

Hate is subjective.

Looks like you dropped a stitch.

...You got trolled by a YouTube prankster.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: katfish

You know exactly what I mean. And I have seen all kinds of stuff on the forums. Why censor Trump supporters but not the Hillary-Biden-Bernie supporters? They write some evil crap.

Why aren't

If we are all playing offended, I win. Ban everyone who ever told a blonde joke! I demand it.

Go onto the site and ask the moderator that banned those posters and let us know how they connected white supremacist hate posts with politics, specifically Trump's politics.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

They are Knot-zees.

Dirty sew & sews.

Hate is subjective.

Looks like you dropped a stitch.

...You got trolled by a YouTube prankster.

Oh well, live and learn and that applies to everybody else on this thread too. I also posted non-YouTube prankster stuff.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Different things to different people.

In India for example ...

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The point is you're desperately trying to bait us into admitting that the man in the photo may very well be a racist white supremacists so you can justify your silly narrative that Trump supporters are all racists white supremacists.

(Nevermind the fact that he's a prankster and you had to dig up some other non-related videos)

Pretty dishonest if you ask me, but it's okay because everyone here can see it for what it is.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: katfish

Why aren't

Go onto the site and ask the moderator that banned those posters and let us know how they connected white supremacist hate posts with politics, specifically Trump's politics.

I don't have to. I know why. it's the same impulse that got a high school kid turned into a national story because he stood there and smiled while wearing a red hat.

He was smiling while white, male, and supporting Trump. For someone like yourself and the mods at Ravelry, it's enough to call someone racist.

(post by thedigirati removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
And if ATS went the same damn route? Still a private forum that can change the rules as they see fit, and therefore run it as they see fit. If it's not government, it holds the right to do that no matter who cries about it.

It's fricking Ravelry. It's a hobby-specific forum. Again, the government itself can't tell you to STFU by law, but anyone else -- be it private citizen or private business -- can, whether you like it or not. That's what the goddamn amendment people like to wave around and cry about says in plain writing. Know your so-called "holy amendment" better that this, people. Jesus H Christ.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

And I have said several times ...

FINE. BAN IT FOR POLITICS.

But they didn't, they banned it for WHITE SUPREMACY.

Will they ban Biden or Bernie talk for white supremacy? Is saying I hope Bernie wins white supremacy? How about saying I hope Biden wins? Or will they just ban them for politics? ... but saying I hope Trump wins is WHITE SUPREMACY and banned as such.

And I ask because we had a member already point out that political posts are already against the rules.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Nyiah

And I have said several times ...

FINE. BAN IT FOR POLITICS.

But they didn't, they banned it for WHITE SUPREMACY.

Will they ban Biden or Bernie talk for white supremacy? Is saying I hope Bernie wins white supremacy? How about saying I hope Biden wins? Or will they just ban them for politics? ... but saying I hope Trump wins is WHITE SUPREMACY and banned as such.

And I ask because we had a member already point out that political posts are already against the rules.

Dunno, dudette. I browse them for patterns, not chit-chat. I was aware they have a forum, yes, but never assumed anyone actually used it. If they want to place restrictions on one thing, that's their call. If they want to expand it to blanket topic bans, that's also their call.

Ultimately, who the hell cares? It's a wide open internet, and people are free to go elsewhere, or start their own forums at the drop of a hat.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join