It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knitting community bans posts supporting Trump - such posts are support for white supremacy

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: network dude

I was asking a question - what does this represent?

you don't know? The swastika as displayed is a NAZI symbol. Douche bags who are afraid of melanin join groups of like minded douche bags and wear stuff like this. Most folks know this, so I don't know how you made it this far in life without that knowledge.

Now, back to the topic. Because there is a guy who is dressed like a NAZI and a Trump supporter, does that mean that all Trump supporters are NAZI's? I only ask as I support Trump and really don't like NAZI's. (I also don't like idiots, but sometimes you have to deal with them too)

Please be clear about your point, as of now, you don't seem to have one.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Trump won, because most of us (the majority, btw) are sick and tired of the blatant racism vomited, daily, by the Democrats.

Biggest and largest community of blatant hate speech and racism m, I've ever witnessed.

edit on 24-6-2019 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Nyiah

well in Michigan, it would depend on how the site advertises it's self, if it says "Open to all that love kniting" and bans some folks, it can be sued under bait and switch laws in Michigan.

I know some of you are going to say you are not paying for anything, however, there is Value even if there is no monies exchanged. (value in advise or patterns ect)

( why yes, I did reseach this, thank you)

and yes it has happened before, just like facebook, Google, and Twitter, it depends on how it advetises the site.

if the site says open to all but people that expouse favor for President Trump, it would be in the clear.

Maybe it will be forced to make changes in it's advertising.

link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I think what they are saying is that if you want to talk politics in a knitting club dont expect to just be allowed to use their site as a platform for it.

There is no denying that politics are always riddled with radicals who will look for any space on the internet to push the boundaries. They probably had a few posts that were to far and just said enough.

I bet you a trillion dollars that if auntie Bev knitted a nice 'hope & change' doily, everyone on the forum staff would promote it as 'inclusive and tolerant' - even though it was a crock-o-sh!t and he is a race baiting liar.

1 trillion dollars.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 24-6-2019 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

It's a boneheaded bad look.

Honestly, they already had everything they needed to ban the post in their rules -- NO POLITICS. Don't you think that should cover talking about Trump? I do. That's politics.

But instead, they went further and called it white supremacy implying that anyone who supports the president is a white supremacist. That's the problem.

So answer my question:

Will they take the same position when someone posts about Biden or Bernie? Or will those posts simply be banned for being political?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

That's indeed possible, the advertising might need cleaned up in light of it.

The way I see it is if Stormfront can exist as a free-for-all hate site with (grapevine knowledge here) heavy-handed modding when it comes to pro-tolerance slants towards other races/religions, then a stupid knitting forum can do it's thing the way it wahts, too. I highly doubt anyone is going to bitch about the way SF does things.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I wonder if anyone can dig up pussy hat patterns?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's a boneheaded bad look.

Honestly, they already had everything they needed to ban the post in their rules -- NO POLITICS. Don't you think that should cover talking about Trump? I do. That's politics.

But instead, they went further and called it white supremacy implying that anyone who supports the president is a white supremacist. That's the problem.

So answer my question:

Will they take the same position when someone posts about Biden or Bernie? Or will those posts simply be banned for being political?

Totally depends on what's viewed as a slippery slope loophole & why by the owners, Ket. That could have been seen as a loophole needing plugged.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

The way I see it is if Stormfront can exist as a free-for-all hate site with (grapevine knowledge here) heavy-handed modding when it comes to pro-tolerance slants towards other races/religions, then a stupid knitting forum can do it's thing the way it wahts, too. I highly doubt anyone is going to bitch about the way SF does things.

Would you? That would mean admitting you go to Stormfront if you did, and if I went to a place like that, I wouldn't advertise it. That's like a criminal calling the police to complain his drugs just got stolen.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I was asking a question - what does this represent?

you don't know? The swastika as displayed is a NAZI symbol. Douche bags who are afraid of melanin join groups of like minded douche bags and wear stuff like this. Most folks know this, so I don't know how you made it this far in life without that knowledge.

Now, back to the topic. Because there is a guy who is dressed like a NAZI and a Trump supporter, does that mean that all Trump supporters are NAZI's? I only ask as I support Trump and really don't like NAZI's. (I also don't like idiots, but sometimes you have to deal with them too)

Please be clear about your point, as of now, you don't seem to have one.

What my point is that the moderator of Ravelry is connecting white supremacy with the specific haters that were spewing their political agenda of hate on that site. That is my only point, except to say they are following suit as to what YouTube and others are doing right now and I support it. Another point is that those douche bags that wear swastikas join white supremacy groups, who back Trump.
edit on 16CDT05America/Chicago01150530 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Nyiah

Would you? That would mean admitting you go to Stormfront if you did, and if I went to a place like that, I wouldn't advertise it. That's like a criminal calling the police to complain his drugs just got stolen.

Not what I mean, I mean with regards to free speech as it's actually intended by law. We're all well aware it''s a s#y site supporting s#y stances from s#y people, yes, but it exists. And even I don't think they need crybaby nagged about their restrictions rules. It's their site, not mine, not yours, etc.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Dude, it's all racism and hate, which we don't need in this world. Don't make this a dick showing competition who might be the biggest racist.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The problem is that we're all so super concerned with the letter of the law that we are forgetting the spirit of it.

If I say "I hope Trump wins," that's hardly indicative of anything and could mean a variety of things. During this past cycle, it mainly meant that I was scared to death of the implications of a Hillary presidency for me and mine based on her stated policy positions. But according to to the moderators of Ravelry, it means I'm a white supremacist.

I'm sure plenty of different people here have their own ideas of what it means coming from me too. The problem is that those are *their* ideas and not really necessarily mine.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I don't know for sure but I think Stormfront does not advertise as "open for all"

I knew some Stormfront Bikers ( maybe they were just white supremecist) in the Marines in 1981 in North Carolina. they were not in my unit, I think they were at cherry point, I was at French Creek, they lived a couple houses down, My room mate would help keep their harleys running. They so wanted me to join them, because of my surname.

I was too busy playing with women, to waste time with more dudes.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Dude, it's all racism and hate, which we don't need in this world. Don't make this a dick showing competition who might be the biggest racist.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

well it is nice to see that you are willing to admit you do not support free speech, I do support free speech for everything/one.

I also realize private property rights. I also support no one under the age of 16 to be online, but I'm weird that way.

I also defend anyones right to be offended, being offended does not mean you stifle speech. you do not have that right in public.

I also feel the internet is the new "public square"

if you advertise "open to all" to me that means all views as well, wether you like them or not.

My beliefs also are a main reason why I am not a parent, not everyone feels as I do. I would have to home school my children.

I also belive in dueling, sword or gun or fisticuffs .. en garde!

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

well it is nice to see that you are willing to admit you do not support free speech, I do support free speech for everything/one.

I also realize private property rights. I also support no one under the age of 16 to be online, but I'm weird that way.

I also defend anyones right to be offended, being offended does not mean you stifle speech. you do not have that right in public.

I also feel the internet is the new "public square"

if you advertise "open to all" to me that means all views as well, wether you like them or not.

My beliefs also are a main reason why I am not a parent, not everyone feels as I do. I would have to home school my children.

I also belive in dueling, sword or gun or fisticuffs .. en garde!

I don't consider hate speech as free speech, that is where we differ.

I don't want to duel with you, but I was a crack shot, just saying.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

What my point is that the moderator of Ravelry is connecting white supremacy with the specific haters that were spewing their political agenda of hate on that site. That is my only point, except to say they are following suit as to what YouTube and others are doing right now and I support it. Another point is that those douche bags that wear swastikas join white supremacy groups, who back Trump.

Not sure you understand all this yet.

If that site is saying all Trump supporter are NAZI's, that's their mistake to make. But you seem to think that is an all inclusive attitude, and it's not, unless you are retarded.

But to your second point, what do white supremacists who like Trump have to do with any of this? Do they knit as well? If they do, do you have proof, or did you "hear that in the news" as well?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I don't consider hate speech as free speech, that is where we differ.

so you are against ANTIFA?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join