It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knitting community bans posts supporting Trump - such posts are support for white supremacy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: InTheLight

a reply to: InTheLight

The boogieman under your bed ... right next to the Russians?

No, the neo-nazi driving the car that killed Heather Heyer.

Yep, the boogieman under your bed.

This, I know, has been explained to you many, many times.

Currently, unless they are actual criminals, people like this guy get to vote just like you and me and communists who live in this country and will almost certainly vote against the COTUS and anything and everything American and probalby vote progressive for that reason.

Those people, just like you and I and the communists (and ANTIFA thugs, btw) do what we all do ... we evaluate our choices and vote based on which candidate is most likely to be aligned with what we want in this country. That means right now that the people like ANTIFA thugs who chunk you upside the head with bikelocks have a 50% chance roughly of voting just like *YOU*! And the same goes for the wonderful idiot you pictured above.

So it's a crapshoot really, and because they can vote if they're American citizens, it is what it is.

Old Fred Phelps ran as a democrat for office before he got into he picketing schtick, but you don't hear about that much. Unsavory folks are about as likely to be progressively oriented as they are opting for the other side and some flip-flop.

Hey, their right to vote is without question, but their right to project hate to certain minority groups on forums within sites like Ravelry is not accepted.

The boogieman at the voting poles, you mean.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Censorship is a tool of cowards.

They are Knot-zees.

Dirty sew & sews.

I'll show myself out. . . .

Censorship of hate is a step forward.

No, I wanted to give you the boot out the door.

Silencing opinions because you consider them hate is a perfect example of very small thinking.

Hate speech targeted at certain people are not opinions.

So when anti-Trumpers target Trump supporters, it's not opinions but hate speech?

The people at Ravelry are not anti-Trumpers, they are anti-hate - get a clue and read their rules.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

White supremacy is a social justice movement?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I didnt know a knitting club banning political discussion was an authoritarian government.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: DAVID64

Still avoiding the question.

Don't bother. It's quite obvious what the answer is.

Whatever. Hate loses.

Unless of course the hate is directed at Trump and Co.

Hatred wins, in this case.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

In order to be inclusive of all we have to ban half the country.

Err.... huh?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I didnt know a knitting club banning political discussion was an authoritarian government.

It's not, it's merely a fine example of what the left means by inclusive. It means only that of which we like and approve of can be thought or stated.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I support the President. I don’t support white supremacy.

The two are not remotely related, at all.

“Think how WE think or we’ll silence you”. The very definition of fascism.

Another poster said in another thread: Just let the lack of votes for leftist agendas speak for itself.

The people see this divisive, fascist crap and they turn away from the dEms. In droves.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It's not, it's merely a fine example of what the left means by inclusive. It means only that of which we like and approve of can be thought or stated.

The very definition of fascism

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Yes, and that site likes and approves of knitting input, so why take your political agenda and hate there?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Again, if all someone says is "Go Trump!" of "I agree with Trump."

That's not white supremacy anymore than it would be if someone says "Go Bernie" or "I agree with Bernie".

The rules say they can ban political speech, and if that's the case, then all four posts ought to be banned for politics, but none of them would be "white supremacy."

Would "Go Obama" be black supremacy? There is just as much evidence to support that.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Right. So people arent racist, but they'll support people to be racist? Its s knitting club, not the Washington monument. They can do what ever they want if people are spreading hate.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSteppenwolf

originally posted by: DAVID64

Still avoiding the question.

Don't bother. It's quite obvious what the answer is.

Whatever. Hate loses.

Unless of course the hate is directed at Trump and Co.

Hatred wins, in this case.

But it isn't hatred from their point of view.

Remember, you can't be a fascist when you're fighting against fascism.

edit on 24-6-2019 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

The very definition of fascism

The very definition of inclusivity.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I don't think you know what inclusivity means, otherwise you wouldn't be using that word right now.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Right. So people arent racist, but they'll support people to be racist? Its s knitting club, not the Washington monument. They can do what ever they want if people are spreading hate.

You guys keep swinging and missing.

Support for Trump isn't hate anymore than support for Obama was hate or support for GW was hate or support for Clinton was hate or support for Bush was hate or support for Reagan was hate or support for Carter was hate or support for Ford was hate or support for Nixon was hate or support for Johnson was hate or support for Kennedy was hate or support Eisenhower was hate or support for Truman was hate or support for Roosevelt was hate or support for Hoover was hate or support for Coolidge was hate or support for Harding was hate or support for Wilson was hate or support for Taft was hate or support Roosevelt was hate or support for McKinley was hate or support for Cleveland was hate or support for Harrison was hate or support for Cleveland was hate or support Arthur was hate or support for Garfield was hate or support for Hayes was hate or support for Grant was hate or support for Johnson was hate or support for Lincoln was hate or support for Buchanan was hate or support for Pierce was hate or support for Fillmore was hate or support for Taylor was hate or support for Polk was hate or support for Tyler was hate or support for Harrison was hate or support for Van Buren was hate or support for Jackson was hate or support for Adams was hate or support for Monroe was hate or support for Madison was hate or support for Jefferson was hate or support for Adams was hate or support for Washington was hate.

All these names and men have something in common -- They were US Presidents. Are we entering a time when supporting the president is hate?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I don't think you know what inclusivity means, otherwise you wouldn't be using that word right now.

It means not targeting minorities on knitting forums with hate speech, in this particular case.
edit on 16CDT03America/Chicago01330330 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

It means not targeting minorities on knitting forums with hate speech, in this particular case.

So you're now saying Trump is the new "n" word? How convenient.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

So you're now saying Trump is the new "n" word? How convenient.

I don't know what Trump is and neither do you, ask the owners and mods of Ravelry what they think, and why.
edit on 16CDT03America/Chicago01630330 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

But isn't that exactly what the site is doing?

I know the site is well within their right to ban whomever they please, I just thought it was hilarious you kept using the word inclusivity in their defense.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join