It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knitting community bans posts supporting Trump - such posts are support for white supremacy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: TheSteppenwolf

originally posted by: TheSteppenwolf
It’s not that they are fighting against “white supremacy”, it’s that they’re doing it to signal their bonafides to their political brethren. It’s all a lie to make themselves look good to those they want to impress.

Not at all, they want to keep their forum politically agenda-free because it's not about the stitch up, just the stitch.

If that was true they’d ban politics outright, not just pro-Trump politics. Instead they are perpetuating the lie: “Support of the Trump administration is undeniably support for white supremacy”.

Social media is taking an active role in suppressing dissent from their own politics. They fear another 2016.

Their forum subjects do not include 'politics'.

Their policy is this:

“New Policy: Do Not Post In Support of Trump or his Administration”

Sorry, but your false narrative doesn’t relate to the facts.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I think what they are saying is that if you want to talk politics in a knitting club dont expect to just be allowed to use their site as a platform for it.

Yet, they post stuff like #blacklivesmatters on their Twitter page. It's ok though, it's their website and can ban whatever it is they like. You just have to be part of the Democrat plantation if you don't want to be banned.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Sigh...so sick of being labeled by Leftists as a bigot, fascist, racist, xenophobe and anti-gay. We were given two mediocre candidates and I chose to support the one that wasn't a narcissistic, power hungry, lying witch. Me bad.

So what's next, being denied service at a auto service center for a MAGA bumper sticker on my Silverado? The Left are the one's constantly stirring the pot, which adds to the divisiveness in this country.

Meanwhile, the same cr@p is happening in Congress, which results in NOTHING BEING DONE for American citizens and for the dire situation at our border. Everyday it's the same old, same old name calling, belittlement and people making false accusations.

And my guess? Its all only going to get a whole lot worse. I don't know which is worse, the prospect of Trump winning in 2020 or the prospect of some Leftist Dem shill wins in 2020. If the Leftists win, the payback against Trump's white supporters will be swift and ugly in the extreme. If the Leftists win in 2020, the very best thing we can hope for is a financial collapse broad enough to cause the US to default on its trillions in debt and we'll enjoy the spectacle of millions of Leftist @sshats die in the streets of their wretched urban sanctuaries of the damned.

If Trump wins 2020, I expect the Leftists to riot in the streets and burn their urban sanctuaries to the ground as the cops respectfully watch on. But at least if Trump wins 2020, we'll have 4 years to get ours and get out while the getting's still good.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Proving, once again, Trump has been extremely polarizing.

Whether caused by leftists or extremist groups, any Trump discussions become just as ugly as the parties will carry it.
These posts are proof that the Trump supporters are just as guilty as Trump haters when it comes to fanatic behaviors and that ruins any polite discussion of any other subject. Just sad.

Think about it.

2016 the country tried getting perceived anti-establishments on both party's tickets.

They did their magic with Bernie, and tried to re-consolidate to Hillary who is basically the worst of neocon and liberal mixed together.

Trump's camp took everyone who was mad at the establishment, and ironically enough converted many into supporting the very republican party they voted against with Trump.

The media keeps up their coverage against him because it makes them money, and it solidifies the right.

So after the scare of 2016 when our country collectively put middle fingers up to the establishment, everyone is falling right back in line. Biden looks to be leading the left, and I'm starting to have a hard time convincing myself Trump isn't promoting the establishment wishes.

Maybe everything didn't go according to plan the whole way through, but it looks like many have improvised, and all is back on course.
edit on 24-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSteppenwolf

Well.. Of course not.

We see the programming on full display. And, it seems most not only dont know just how heavily indoctrinated they are, but probably even think they are totally free from such things (a foundation of the engineering process). Interestingly, its pointing in the correct direction, as this social group is A LOT more akin to religion than solely politics.

Hell, I would be totally cool with actually removing all politics. But, it doesnt seem thats what is happening. We can expect to see a lot more of this, from giants like google all the way down. And, by those that praise at that particular altar, they will examine literally every case in isolation.

Its a lot more dangerous than many seem to think...
edit on 24-6-2019 by Serdgiam because: Ford Pinto

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

Well.. Of course not.

We see the programming on full display. And, it seems most not only dont know just how heavily indoctrinated they are, but probably even think they are totally free from such things (a foundation of the engineering process). Interestingly, its pointing in the correct direction, as this social group is A LOT more akin to religion than solely politics.

Hell, I would be totally cool with actually removing all politics. But, it doesnt seem thats what is happening. We can expect to see a lot more of this, from giants like google all the way down. And, by those that praise at that particular altar, they will examine literally every case in isolation.

Its a lot more dangerous than many seem to think...

Yes, the arrogance of the social media giants is their belief that they are responsible for the ebb and flow of politics and culture. This belief has led them into curation of the content on their platforms, whether promoting this or suppressing that, as if they can engineer the hearts and minds of those who view it.

Of course their censorship will only strengthen and radicalize the voices they seek to silence. Not only do they deny certain expression, but they deny the rest of us the opportunity to combat it. It’s all going to backfire.
edit on 24-6-2019 by TheSteppenwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Society helps create the flaw of social media.

To be honest, it's completely unneeded. I don't have a social media account unless you consider this one. Nor do I plan on ever getting one, or feel in any way suppressed.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Society helps create the flaw of social media.

To be honest, it's completely unneeded. I don't have a social media account unless you consider this one. Nor do I plan on ever getting one, or feel in any way suppressed.

I agree. Social media is rather anti-social anyways. What worries me is that this anti-social behavior is spilling out into the streets.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It is not a false narrative and the facts that they are asking people to not post in support of trump or his admin. is because people were doing just that - posting their political opinions and agendae in hateful ways.

www.buzzfeednews.com...
edit on 16CDT01America/Chicago03610130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

I read the link as well as the others posted in this thread.

I never really knew how cult-ish the knitting community is. I just imagined people relaxing by making stuff. Expressing their creativity. But I was wrong.

I guess there are some rigorous criteria to be an accepted knitter. And it has nothing to do with knitting. Even here on this thread we did not get past page 1 before the swastika was invoked.

Spooky.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY
a reply to: mobiusmale

I read the link as well as the others posted in this thread.

I never really knew how cult-ish the knitting community is. I just imagined people relaxing by making stuff. Expressing their creativity. But I was wrong.

I guess there are some rigorous criteria to be an accepted knitter. And it has nothing to do with knitting. Even here on this thread we did not get past page 1 before the swastika was invoked.

Spooky.

If by cultish you mean inclusive, then yes most knitting groups I have been privileged to be a member of are very inclusive and don't tolerate hate speech. We also can be very cultish when we yarn bomb things to garner attention for a cause.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

It is not a false narrative and the facts that they are asking people to not post in support of trump or his admin. is because people were doing just that - posting their political opinions and agendae in hateful ways.

www.buzzfeednews.com...

You mean like calling anyone who doesn't follow their agenda Nazis, Fascists, Deplorable, Dregs, White Supremacist, etc.... That kind of of hateful ?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

www.buzzfeednews.com...

You mean like calling anyone who doesn't follow their agenda Nazis, Fascists, Deplorable, Dregs, White Supremacist, etc.... That kind of of hateful ?

Their only agenda is inclusivity and not hate. Why does that fact escape you?

edit on 16CDT01America/Chicago04610130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I noticed that you avoided the question.

Let me put it more directly. Is it ok to label people who don't follow your agenda with such hateful words ?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I noticed that you avoided the question.

Let me put it more directly. Is it ok to label people who don't follow your agenda with such hateful words ?

Here's what the mod there has to say.

On Ravelry, where users post knitting patterns, you can find templates for confederate flags or “Make America Great Again” hats. A moderator for one of the Ravelry forums noted on Twitter that “emotional labor” of “defusing angry & ugly situations where casual hate & intolerance is directed at queer, non-Christian, or minority people” is “exhausting.”

qz.com...

Who knows better the mod there, or you?

edit on 16CDT01America/Chicago05210130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Still avoiding the question.

Don't bother. It's quite obvious what the answer is.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Whatever. Hate loses.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Support of the President is support of white supremacy

That’s what they said

How thick are these people?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

How gracious of you to admit defeat.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Whatever. Hate loses.

Unless of course the hate is directed at Trump and Co.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join