It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knitting community bans posts supporting Trump - such posts are support for white supremacy

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: InTheLight

What my point is that the moderator of Ravelry is connecting white supremacy with the specific haters that were spewing their political agenda of hate on that site. That is my only point, except to say they are following suit as to what YouTube and others are doing right now and I support it. Another point is that those douche bags that wear swastikas join white supremacy groups, who back Trump.

Not sure you understand all this yet.

If that site is saying all Trump supporter are NAZI's, that's their mistake to make. But you seem to think that is an all inclusive attitude, and it's not, unless you are retarded.

But to your second point, what do white supremacists who like Trump have to do with any of this? Do they knit as well? If they do, do you have proof, or did you "hear that in the news" as well?

You know what Net, I can only assume, yes assume, that the moderator knew what she/he was doing and connecting Trump supporters with white supremacy was evident.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
a reply to: InTheLight

well it is nice to see that you are willing to admit you do not support free speech, I do support free speech for everything/one.

I also realize private property rights. I also support no one under the age of 16 to be online, but I'm weird that way.

I also defend anyones right to be offended, being offended does not mean you stifle speech. you do not have that right in public.

I also feel the internet is the new "public square"

if you advertise "open to all" to me that means all views as well, wether you like them or not.

My beliefs also are a main reason why I am not a parent, not everyone feels as I do. I would have to home school my children.

I also belive in dueling, sword or gun or fisticuffs .. en garde!

I don't consider hate speech as free speech, that is where we differ.

I don't want to duel with you, but I was a crack shot, just saying.

“Kill all white people”

Hate speech, or free speech?

“All Trump supporters are white supremists”

“Behead those who insult mohammed”

YOU absolutely support hate speech

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

well it is nice to see that you are willing to admit you do not support free speech, I do support free speech for everything/one.

I also realize private property rights. I also support no one under the age of 16 to be online, but I'm weird that way.

I also defend anyones right to be offended, being offended does not mean you stifle speech. you do not have that right in public.

if you advertise "open to all" to me that means all views as well, wether you like them or not.

My beliefs also are a main reason why I am not a parent, not everyone feels as I do. I would have to home school my children.

“Kill all white people”

lol okay whatever floats your boat. Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

“Kill all white people”

YOU have no issue with any of those statements. So, free speech or hate speech?

It depends on who is speaking I guess.

“Think how WE think, or we’ll silence you”: fascism

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

“Kill all white people”

No, specific to the Ravelry site it would be - "No hating allowed - if you do then you're banned."

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I knew when Ianded I'd find that this thread was heading to epicness, ATS has not disappointed.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Who gets to define hate speech though?

I'll bet what you consider hateful and what I consider hateful differ quite a bit. Do we ban everything each of us considers hateful? Do we only ban what one of us considers hateful? Do we only ban what both of us agrees is hateful?

What if we go with the last and someone else doesn't agree with us though?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

What my point is that the moderator of Ravelry is connecting white supremacy with the specific haters that were spewing their political agenda of hate on that site. That is my only point, except to say they are following suit as to what YouTube and others are doing right now and I support it. Another point is that those douche bags that wear swastikas join white supremacy groups, who back Trump.

Not sure you understand all this yet.

If that site is saying all Trump supporter are NAZI's, that's their mistake to make. But you seem to think that is an all inclusive attitude, and it's not, unless you are retarded.

But to your second point, what do white supremacists who like Trump have to do with any of this? Do they knit as well? If they do, do you have proof, or did you "hear that in the news" as well?

You know what Net, I can only assume, yes assume, that the moderator knew what she/he was doing and connecting Trump supporters with white supremacy was evident.

So you take the approach with everyone in authority? Did Stalin know what he was doing when he decreed that the people of the Ukraine would grow all the food but not get to eat any of it?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The Constitution allows hate speech - it does not mention (for obvious reasons) anything about the resultant consequential effect from spewing hate speech by virtue of the fact that its very definition would render, for example, all of your posts on ATS as hate speech because someone else interpreted them to be so...

Doesn't work that way, thank god.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

“Kill all white people”

No, specific to the Ravelry site it would be - "No hating allowed - if you do then you're banned."

OK then. Why doesn't Ravelry have a detailed list of what is and is not considered hateful? Wouldn't you think that would be important since they're not arbiters of what all of their posters are thinking and intending as they post?

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Who gets to define hate speech though?

I'll bet what you consider hateful and what I consider hateful differ quite a bit. Do we ban everything each of us considers hateful? Do we only ban what one of us considers hateful? Do we only ban what both of us agrees is hateful?

What if we go with the last and someone else doesn't agree with us though?

If it's my forum site, I get to decide what is hateful. But as for Ravelry, they followed suit from this forum's decision to enact a new ban. Below is their justification.

forum.rpg.net.../new-ban-do-not-post-in-support-of-trump-or-his-administration.835849/

link   

hypocrisy much??

is this statement hate speech

"I hate Nazi's"

it's a simple question, right?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

hypocrisy much??

"I hate Nazi's"

Or, do Nazi's hate me?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Huh, link seems to be broken. Someone must have thought better of their reasoning.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Huh, link seems to be broken. Someone must have thought better of their reasoning.

Key reasoning:

We assert that hate groups and intolerance are categorically different from other types of political positions, and that confusing the two legitimizes bigotry and hatred.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

hypocrisy much??

"I hate Nazi's"

Or, do Nazi's hate me?

Am I the only one who finds that response a wee bit formulaic?

link   

You should just admit that you're okay with censoring those you disagree with.

new-ban-do-not-post-in-support-of-trump-or-his-administration

Just look at the name of the link.. lol

link   

Please explain how you get that out of "I hope Trump wins."

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

still dont see how that lady being all kinds of excited to go to india in any way shape or form is racist in the slightest but dang if she didnt get ganged up on by the hive mind

On January 7, she blogged excitedly about her upcoming trip to India. She wrote that 2019 would be her “year of color.” She said that as a child, India had fascinated her, and that when an Indian friend’s parents offered to take her with them on a trip, it was “like being offered a seat on a flight to Mars.” She spoke of her trip as if it were the biggest hurdle anyone could jump: “If I can go to India, I can do anything — I’m pretty sure.” Templer, it should be noted, is white.
from your source how in the hell is any of that racist? India is far away and id assume its still expensive to get tickets to go to India as it was when i went with my parents as a youngish kid. how is being fascinated by a different locale,culture,ecosystem and climate (unless she lived in Florida i guess?) racist or any kind of terrible? is it only bad because she happens to be white? think that would say more about the person who wrote the article then the "racist" in question

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

You should just admit that you're okay with censoring those you disagree with.

new-ban-do-not-post-in-support-of-trump-or-his-administration

Just look at the name of the link.. lol

Do you ever see me censoring anybody here? Doesn't happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join