It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit: Revoke Article 50 petition crashes Parliament website

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
And half of those will be snowflakes under 18 that can't vote anyway, but it's trendy to say they stuck it to the man and signed that meaningless petition. Go Snowflake.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot
And half of those will be snowflakes under 18 that can't vote anyway, but it's trendy to say they stuck it to the man and signed that meaningless petition. Go Snowflake.

Well you don’t know that....

Most people under 50 voted to remain so u suppose one could speculate that most of the people signing this are under 50 but that’s about it

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Whoever it was, they're pissing in the wind because it ain't gonna change anything.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I know that we disagree on a few things but I do have an enormous amount of respect for you and your opinions.

But are you really trying to use an online petition with only one option as justification to cancel the result of a democratically held nationwide referendum that over 72% of the electorate took part in?

I really think we should just give up all pretences that we live in a democratic country and let the elites and establishment just run this country as they see fit regardless of the will of the people.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Most people under 50 voted to remain.....

Throughout human history and in countless civilisations and societies the opinions of elders carried a significant amount of weight and respect.

Now it seems 16-18 year old know best!

Read into that what you will.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

But are you really trying to use an online petition with only one option as justification to cancel the result of a democratically held nationwide referendum that over 72% of the electorate took part in?

No I am just saying it does give a indication as to how the public feel about this.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If a brexiteer puts up a petition and gets more votes do they win?

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Signed.

Brexit, the will of the people my arse.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

Do they have an actual tangible working plan.

Without any lies, nor bullcrap.

That will do what it says on the tin.

Without bringing even more austerity and probable recession to the nation.

To merit the votes?

If so they can win.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I actually meant a useless petition to get the hackles up.

In answer to your questions.... Very Very Very Unlikely...

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Aye it will be all fun and games until hundreds of thousands of our poor, low-paid, unemployed, unhealthy, mentally infirm, and homeless, start to drop dead by the bucketload down to any sort of hard Brexit with a no deal in place, that's a given.

If you imagine they have somewhat of a stealth eugenics war in operation right now.

With all there forced austerity bullcrap, which "They" do indeed,.

Just wait until things get really started, and our Human Rights get ""amended"".

Who needs death camps when we have Tories, Brexit and even more hardship to look forward to?

Brexit may well turn out to be our own little islands version of Agenda 21.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Double post.

It's late.

The time, not my period.

edit on 21-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Well haven't we put 20+Billion aside for a No Deal?
Where've they got that from, we're skint?

Should last a week the way the government piss through money.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Well if we could somehow ""accumulate"" the trillions of ££££ in all those lovely offshore bank accounts and tax havens.

Belonging to the superrich ""alleged"" British citizens, and other nefarious Tory shaped ilk.

Brexit might be a viable prospect.

Until that day comes, which it most lightly won't.

Probably best not to give Westminster complete free reign over the people once again is my thinking on the matter.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

So, if this petition continues to gain votes, the Parliament can override the will of the UK citizens?
Doesn't sound good to an outsider.

I have heard of referendum in California being overturned for being unconstitutional, but this Brexit vote sounded legit, as to what the UK citizens want.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Thats what I am saying.

I am not trying to be rude at all.

I am just saying to refuse to leave the eu, which the people of the UK voted for, and instead have another vote seems authoritarian or childish.

There has been no reason given as to why the next referendum should be the end all be all. Why wouldnt whichever side loses demand another one, and on and on.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

The problem is absolutely nothing has been done nor proposed in any sort of meaningful manner nor fashion to implement or even show that a workable Brexit solution is even possible.

Hard Brexit equates to some seriously hard times ahead, more austerity, probable recession, nevermind god knows what kind of other socioeconomic strife.

The plan is, they have no plan, which may well be the plan, or at least Mays plan, which is no plan whatsoever.

If that sounds like gibberish, that's because it is!

Brexit is a complete and utter crap show in its present condition with no end nor solution in sight that anyone in there right mind wants to stomach.

Well, that's my take on the matter anyway.
edit on 21-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The gist is:-
The government had 3 years to create a plan/solution of how to leave the EU.
There was too much in fighting and bugger all got done.
Now the deadline has arrived they may as well throw darts at a board with comments on it.
Most probably a better solution than the cluster# they will be planning next.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well then perhaps May isn't the right person to head the job... I seem to recall she wasn't in favour of leaving in the first place. Turning this whole thing into the mess it currently is, is probably part of the administrations (and EU) plan to avoid having to follow through with Brexit in the first place.

Demand her resignation and have someone more competent, someone who actually was in favour of Brexit, take charge and get it done in the best way possible.
edit on 21/3/19 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Unfortunately it's a poisoned challis. None of our politicians have the balls or political will to take on the job.

Like all politicians, when a job needs doing they fail miserably. They prefer you argue/blame/deflect and lie.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join