It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit: Revoke Article 50 petition crashes Parliament website

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Or simply revoke article 50, have another referendum, establish the ""current"" will of the people, and probably declare our intent to remain in the EU, thus put this whole mess to be bed.

Any idea what this whole debacle has cost our nation so far?

Because its not peanuts its ile tell you that.

Else someone better come up with a viable Brexit solution, and that's not happening, been happening or lightly to manifest anytime soon.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Navieko

Or simply revoke article 50, have another referendum, establish the ""current"" will of the people, and probably declare our intent to remain in the EU, thus put this whole mess to be bed.

Because its not peanuts its ile tell you that.

Else someone better come up with a viable Brexit solution, and that's not happening, been happening or lightly to manifest anytime soon.

After three moths of the second referendum.

"We need a third referendum! The will of the people has changed!"

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

We're going round in circles here....wash, rinse, repeat.

Or simply revoke article 50,.....

Why should we?
A democratic referendum was held with a 72% turnout of the electorate.
The majority voted to leave the EU....no mention at all of a deal.
For me, and many, many like me, we expected to come out with no strings attached, nothing.
Once out we thought we would then negotiate a free trade deal etc.

....have another referendum,....

Why would a second referendum have any sort of credibility if the result of the first one is so casually dismissed and disregarded?
Surely that would invalidate the whole process and democratic principle surrounding referendums.

....establish the ""current"" will of the people,.....

Do we do that after General Elections?
Why is this different?

.... and probably declare our intent to remain in the EU, thus put this whole mess to be bed.

First of all; are you so sure the Remainers would carry the vote?
No-one expected the British people to vote for Brexit in the first place.

Secondly, if any second referendum voted to Remain there would still be a very large section of the UK who passionately support leaving the EU....how would you placate them and their obvious claims over the invalidity of the second referendum....or would you simply ignore or casually dismiss them?
Would you ignore their claims for a deciding referendum or would you expect them to accept the result of a democratically held referendum and work together to fix this broken country, quite unlike you and so many Remainers have done?

Quite a bit I assume.
It would have been a lot less if people had accepted the outcome of the referendum and then united in an effort to move this country forward.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I wonder how many times Angela Merkel has signed that petition?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I've heard there's a few Napoleon Bonaparte monikers on the petition along with more than one Inspector Clouseau signature.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Inspector Clouseau would probably have made a better job of Brexit than May.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
In what sort of a crazy world does a petition trump a referendum?

Wake me up if it gets more than 17 million signatures.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Clouseau certainly couldn't have done a worse job.

Commissioner Dreyfus sort of reminds me of John Bercow.
Frank Spencer could be Philip Hammond. (I absolutely HATE Some Mothers Do Have 'Em, I just want to give Frank Spencer a good thrashing and tell him to grow a pair...I hate Timothy Lumsden in Sorry as well!)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

In what sort of a crazy world does a petition trump a referendum?

It truly beggars belief doesn't it.

If a few months after the next General Election we're not happy with our elected government perhaps we should start a petition.....they're sure to grant us another election, aren't they?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Sharing your hate there. May reminds me of Beaker from the Muppets.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

If a few months after the next General Election we're not happy with our elected government perhaps we should start a petition.....they're sure to grant us another election, aren't they?

Why bother with an election?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Why bother with an election?

True enough.

Democracy has been shown to be a sham.

Let's just let the political elites and those who they serve do as they wish regardless of the wishes and best interests of the British people.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

That is pretty much what is happening.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

edit on 22-3-2019 by oldcarpy because: Double post

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
If Artical 50 is revoked there will be blood, I guarantee it...

Hopefully it will only be the blood of our traitors in parliament and our EU oppressors but uprisings do tend to be bloody and collaborators never tend to fair well either....
edit on 22-3-2019 by osoespacialpoco because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Am I correct inthat you want to remain in the EU based on your desire to revoke article 50?

What would you say are the biggest factors for staying?

And for leaving?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I could be wrong (because there have been so many votes) but I do not believe that a vote to revoke article 50 has been tabled in the house.

I believe this ^ is what is confusing to us Yanks... you have voted on this already... what are subsequent votes all about?

Is is like when the computer asks "are your sure you want to delete this file" before actually deleting it?
Is this the UK version of "Are you sure?"

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

There has been no vote to revoke Article 50. The votes have been on two occasions to back our PM's proposed exit deal with the EU which was voted down twice. The PM wants a 3rd vote but the Commons Speaker has used a 1600's rule to deny a 3rd vote.

MPs have voted to rule out a "no deal" exit.

It's all a shambles.

Oh, and the Speaker is completely unbiased even though he has a "Bollox to Brexit" sticker on his car.

edit on 22-3-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

Aye it will be all fun and games until hundreds of thousands of our poor, low-paid, unemployed, unhealthy, mentally infirm, and homeless, start to drop dead by the bucketload down to any sort of hard Brexit with a no deal in place, that's a given.

If you imagine they have somewhat of a stealth eugenics war in operation right now.

BEGGARS BELIEF Ex-Army captain gained weight and was fooled by fake sob stories while sleeping rough for new TV documentary on UK’s homeless

But among the genuine misery and desperation, Ed was shocked to find rough sleepers earning up to £200 a day and ate so much free food during the experiment that he GAINED weight.
One person he encountered cheerfully admitted that being homeless was “easy”. Others fooled Ed with fake sob stories.
But when his persistent “grafting” results in more than £20 in just half an hour, plus another tenner shortly afterwards, Ed learns the money is not going towards a hostel — but hard drugs.
He said: “I was shocked by the amount of food available. I thought I was going to lose loads of weight and it was going to be harder to physically survive but there was an abundance of people wanting to help in all three cities.”

Filming on his own phone and trailed by an unobtrusive camera crew, Ed met beggars earning hundreds of pounds in an evening, far outdoing taxpayers on minimum-wage jobs.

A man called Mark tells him: “If I don’t make £100 tonight, I’ll be gutted. I’m good at my f***ing job.”
In Glasgow he meets one homeless man who moans about getting TOO MUCH food.

Ed said: “I witnessed 26 volunteers handing out food one night, and there were only two rough sleepers there. I even met one man who complained the public ‘overfeed’ him.”
Ed gained 11lbs sleeping rough, thanks to the burgers and sandwiches given to him by the public.
A man called Mark tells him: “If I don’t make £100 tonight, I’ll be gutted. I’m good at my f***ing job.”

Looking back, the presenter said: “Begging seemed to be more lucrative than I ever imagined. It was common in London for people to make £100 or £200 in an evening, which is more than the average person earns in work.”

www.thesun.co.uk...

Maybe your sympathies are somewhat misplaced?

edit on 22-3-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Like I said before,in another post Germany manages to screw up Europe up again...This time with severe debt and telling people what’s best for them without guns....These people are about massive power over top everyone else..
edit on 22-3-2019 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join