It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit: Revoke Article 50 petition crashes Parliament website

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So let me get this right - a country that joined the Coalition of the willing based on dubious WMDS that invades other countries and sells so many weapons to dictators has the control of the Gold Price, kicked Argentinas arse over the Falklands, interfered in sacking our democratically elected Government in Australia in 1975, was instrumental in 1953 on overthrowing the Iranian Government over them trying to nationalize BP, is all of a sudden gonna fall down and take it up the proverbial backside?

Where have you been living?

You cant be serious.

ETA: I like your post -
"I am not going to do your research for you but if you are interested"

let me know and I can give you the links
edit on 21-3-2019 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: see above

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

originally posted by: drewlander

For the americans you should maybe explain what article 50 is and break this down. Ive tried searching and cant make sense of what article 50 is other than a notice and that it allows you to leave eu without notice.

Its basically the bit of paper that says we are leaving the EU, the government have the power to revoke it, to say "sorry lad but we don't want leave, we are going to revoke our article 50 notice lets all be friends again"

and what about those 51 % that voted to leave ? to hell with them ?

No not at all, I think its one of the best grounds for a second referendum, 3% isn't a particularly large majority. I think we are heading towards a very hard Brexit and that is not what over 16 million voted for am pretty sure that of the 17 million who voted to leave quite a few of them may now have changed their minds.

This is the problem its so divisive, if there was a clear 10% or so who wanted to leave then I think it would be different, which is also why I personally think the vote should have been by super-majority. The country is split pretty much right down the middle on this and its going to cause a lot of hurt if we leave.

I got a idea. just split the country along the voters political lines.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

just 2 examples, I'll let the other readers make their own minds up about your agenda

Trump Supporters; When will you admit to being wrong?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why I don’t want Trump Impeached.

I also know that a lot of Trump supporters don’t really care what I have to say at this point but ATS is a platform I use to express my viewsso deal with it

so deal with it

Grambler couldnt get an honest answer out of you so why should I expect anything different

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I want you to know that I love how triggered you get by me that you actually remember the stuff I write.

I feel like I occupy more space in your head than is healthy.

How about you stick to attacking the ball and not the player this thread is about that petition not me and not Trump.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
A lot of those who signed the petition are not even from the UK!
A lot are even people under 18.
So, if it boiled down to it then it would not count.
Plus, eac petition last for 6 months which takes us outside of the 29th March and way past May 22nd too.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

just 2 examples, I'll let the other readers make their own minds up about your agenda

Trump Supporters; When will you admit to being wrong?

Why I don’t want Trump Impeached.

I also know that a lot of Trump supporters don’t really care what I have to say at this point but ATS is a platform I use to express my viewsso deal with it

so deal with it

Grambler couldnt get an honest answer out of you so why should I expect anything different

both yourself and grambler may as well interrogate chukka (once labour darling now independent). don't ask about his childhood unless you are packing a violin and tissues.

all the parliamentary buffoons quietly gnashing and wailing into their powder rooms devastated in the knowledge
they may not experience the red carpet of the eu career ladder further insulated from the rabble whilst deciding on a location for the summer recess house lol.

I suspect this is also dashing 'call me tony' ('s) ambitions for supreme commissioner.

fea

f.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I have brought to your attention things like Parliamentary rules that you dont seem to take into consideration or more importantly how a Nation like the UK will survive and be better off if they leave the EU.

you said

This petition is helping to debunk this myth that the people of the UK want to leave the EU.

All you've shown is a Govt site that can be manipulated by any one.

The worlds not going to end - give Britain some credit
www.ft.com...

If the Commons had not signed off her withdrawal agreement by April 11, the prime minister would step up preparations for a no-deal exit, working with the EU to try to mitigate the inevitable economic shock. Chancellor Philip Hammond has put aside £26bn in an “insurance fund” to cushion the immediate impact of the UK crashing out of the EU.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Brexit has been messed with. It will not happen. Brexit was supposed to be our chance to get freedom from the EU, freedom from being forced to pay for things that we do not believe in. Being forced to follow laws and rules that we vetoed but were still passed. I voted Leave to stop taking rules from the unelected. I voted Leave to step away from the ever decreasing circle of the EU trading block and trade with the rest of the world. I voted Leave to help my fellow countrymen lead to a new future. I voted Leave to rebuild and improve the Commonwealth and most of all I voted Leave because I fear the future of the European Union will be a lesson in history that our grandfathers had to deal with in the past and we will most likely have to deal with in the future.

If my vote is over turned, removed, or has to be redone I and millions of others will no doubt be removed from politics for years to come.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

I never looked at it from that angle.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

lol if I deep med rv, I swear I can smell the rage hanging around the central lobby like a sewerage farm under a temperature inversion.

fea

f.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Just went over 2 million

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Breixt will destroy this country, there is nobody, who thinks a hard Brexit is in the interests of the UK this crisis is about averting a hard-brexit.

Only Sith deal in absolutes.

a reply to: Freeborn

a reply to: crayzeed

I see it thus;

Referenda is the purest form of Democracy and outcome, whilst not in the truest sense a consensus, is by common agreement.

The highest form of Law is Common Law. The British legal system is predicated upon English Common Law, 'Thou Shalt not be a #'.

Ergo, the referendum was legally binding.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I think we should keep article 50 but revoke Parliament ,

Not just parliament, or Theresa may think she got her strong and stable message across and you are her boy.

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

I beg to differ on including Manchester as I voted leave and currently live there, the majority of each city is unfortunatley irrelevant as it was a total votes cast not a constituency based vote like a general election

Except where remainer MP's of constituencies that voted leave are ignoring their constituents.

Stay safe my friend in or out we will pull together like we do in the UK, I may be proved wrong in the future about voting out, lets just find out though

I'm looking forward to the reinvention of this nation. Maybe one where politicians know that in a democracy, their place is not to lead but to serve.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

So BBC News (I know) have said that

Data from the petitions website on Thursday afternoon suggested more than 960,000 signatures were from people who said they were from the UK, nearly 9,000 from France, nearly 5,000 from Spain and nearly 4,000 from Germany, among others.

Bolded by me. Sounds like it's just an honor system. What's to stop anyone from jumping on a VPN through a British server and messing with the vote count? (Not directed to you OtherSide, just a general question.)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

I know that in the past they have had to remove signatures from bots and stuff so am sure they must have a system.

I think they mean that they have over 900000 signatures from the uk.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I know that in the past they have had to remove signatures from bots and stuff so am sure they must have a system.

are they using any verify id system or can it be spoofed with a dynamic?

f

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt

are they using any verify id system or can it be spoofed with a dynamic?

f

I don’t know the technical details I would assume it could be spoofed but previously they have removed signatures from other petitions when this had happened. Nothing so far to suggest that a significant number of these signatures is fraudulent though just now

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I'm sure they have some sort of system
in place, but other than actually verifying UK ID's all they can really do is verify the IP address. If I use my VPN to connect to a UK server, boom, I now have a UK IP address. For all intents and purposes, the website wouldn't know the difference. On top of that, theoretically I can log off and back onto a different UK server and just vote again with a different IP address.

I'm no expert here, but I know some stuff. I haven't run a website in over a decade though so things may be different now, especially with smartphones. Whatever happens, best of luck to my UK brothers and sisters.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Yeah that's about right -- in fact it wouldn't be that hard to write a script (bot) to automatically sign the petition using different names and IP addresses. I've never done something like that but I'd imagine I could come up with something in a day. Which is why this online petition is meaningless in deciding such important matters.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Yeah I know but what am saying is that when that’s happened before they have removed the signatures there was one about a second referendum thst had tens of thousands removed.

Right now nothing to say that a sizeable night,bear of these signatures are fraudulent am sure there will be a few thousand that will be but not in the millions

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join