It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit: Revoke Article 50 petition crashes Parliament website

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
For anyone who is interested in the actual topic of this thread rather than shouting down at each other over political disagreements.....

The site has just crashed again.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
As for negotiating with the EU. It's not a divorce, one against another. It's like a member leaving a club. A member leaving a club can't dictate to the rest of the members what they want. The power is with the club.
IE. the UK leaving has to negotiate with the other countries, though the Brexiteers would have you believe it's single people in the EU. The power is with the EU and as I said a long time ago they are not going to give us a good farewell, it was always going to be very, very hard.
As for rioting on the streets, the conservatives have virtually ruined this country over a number of years directly affecting every normal person, where were they not rioting then?

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Grambler

So what if the remainders lied and said they would respect the vote

So what if vote leaved promised an extra £350 Million a week....

Did they promise that or say it was likely to happen?

Has the uk left yet? Then how do you know it was wrong

Meanwhile how about project fear using the media to say vote leave would mean all sorts of disasters?

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

For anyone who is interested in the actual topic of this thread rather than shouting down at each other over political disagreements.....

The site has just crashed again.

lol that must be due to all the verifications and form filling for identity purposes I suspect!

f.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What mechanism does the website have in place to ensure only registered voting Brits are "signing" the petitition? In this country, such a crash is usually the result of people intentionally flooding a website, not an indication of the actual far reaching support of an issue.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

So I went to the website ( petition.parliament.uk... ) and started to fill out the petition, then I remembered I wasn't a Brit, so I wondered would that honesty travel to the German or Belgium troll farms.

Yea right. The will of the people.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

What mechanism does the website have in place to ensure only registered voting Brits are "signing" the petitition? In this country, such a crash is usually the result of people intentionally flooding a website, not an indication of the actual far reaching support of an issue.

So BBC News (I know) have said that

Data from the petitions website on Thursday afternoon suggested more than 960,000 signatures were from people who said they were from the UK, nearly 9,000 from France, nearly 5,000 from Spain and nearly 4,000 from Germany, among others.

I know that there was a petition way back in 2016 regarding a second referendum that got over 4 million and they had tens of thousands of signatures that were removed because of bots or being from outwit the UK. So sure there will probably be a few thousand signatures that will be removed but overall, it seems to be mostly from the UK.

Make of that what you will but you asked and based on a bit of quick research thats what I found.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I think we should keep article 50 but revoke Parliament , they are obviously not fit for purpose whereas article 50 does what it says on the tin ... or it would if our politicians had the guts to do it.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

If Spain came to its senses then it would want to leave too. I can wait to leave the EU, they are just a bully.
They wont let their accounts be audited in over 20 years.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

If the EU was a girlfriend, you'd have called the police long before now. Breaking up was never meant to be this hard.

If the EU was a girlfriend she would have already your DNA stashed away and rape charges to follow. Thats how ugly these Globalists are playing.

If Brits leave countries like Greece Italy Hungary would be embolden to make more waves.

Can't have that - very symbolic that Brits remain at all costs.

Europe outside of Germany and France are seeing a rise in Nationalist pride once again

voiceofeurope.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I think we should keep article 50 but revoke Parliament , they are obviously not fit for purpose whereas article 50 does what it says on the tin ... or it would if our politicians had the guts to do it.

Ha!

That would be ideal but right now it feels like we're stuck with them.

Seriously though I don't think a general election is the answer to the problem we have right now but I think we might need one some time this year after this mess.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Sure it has a long way to go but the truth is that it was always a very close call in any case, we are being dragged out because about 3% of the population wanted to leave despite all of Scotland and Ireland along with London, Manchester, Cardif, Liverpool and so the list goes all voted to remain.

I beg to differ on including Manchester as I voted leave and currently live there, the majority of each city is unfortunatley irrelevant as it was a total votes cast not a constituency based vote like a general election. I agree though that within my city many would have voted remain BUT that does not equal ALL of Manchester.

Stay safe my friend in or out we will pull together like we do in the UK, I may be proved wrong in the future about voting out, lets just find out though.
edit on 21-3-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: layout

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

originally posted by: drewlander

For the americans you should maybe explain what article 50 is and break this down. Ive tried searching and cant make sense of what article 50 is other than a notice and that it allows you to leave eu without notice.

Its basically the bit of paper that says we are leaving the EU, the government have the power to revoke it, to say "sorry lad but we don't want leave, we are going to revoke our article 50 notice lets all be friends again"

and what about those 51 % that voted to leave ? to hell with them ?

No not at all, I think its one of the best grounds for a second referendum, 3% isn't a particularly large majority. I think we are heading towards a very hard Brexit and that is not what over 16 million voted for am pretty sure that of the 17 million who voted to leave quite a few of them may now have changed their minds.

This is the problem its so divisive, if there was a clear 10% or so who wanted to leave then I think it would be different, which is also why I personally think the vote should have been by super-majority. The country is split pretty much right down the middle on this and its going to cause a lot of hurt if we leave.

So if the vote had gone the other way 51% remain and 48% leave, would you still call for a second referendum?

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

How is the country in crisis. More proof of unwarranted fear mongering. Brits have one of the highest GDP in Europe, 2nd after Germany.

We could talk about Islamification creep into all aspects of British life or Sharia Courts, but it would not look well for your narrative.

www.google.com.au...

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Well yeah I don't mean literally all of Manchester voted to remain.

60% of Manchester voted to remain.

I totally get though what you mean about how region by region votes don't really matter because its how the entire country voted I was only raising it to highlight that its not so cut-and-dry when people say ahhh but its what the country voted for....not all of us voted for Brexit, entire cities and nations voted to remain, over 16 million people who are now facing a hard Brexit because under 3% of the population said so.

Goes back to what I was saying about how there should have been a supermajority to start with but whats done is done.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

For the americans you should maybe explain what article 50 is and break this down. Ive tried searching and cant make sense of what article 50 is other than a notice and that it allows you to leave eu without notice.

Its basically the bit of paper that says we are leaving the EU, the government have the power to revoke it, to say "sorry lad but we don't want leave, we are going to revoke our article 50 notice lets all be friends again"

No not at all, I think its one of the best grounds for a second referendum, 3% isn't a particularly large majority. I think we are heading towards a very hard Brexit and that is not what over 16 million voted for am pretty sure that of the 17 million who voted to leave quite a few of them may now have changed their minds.

This is the problem its so divisive, if there was a clear 10% or so who wanted to leave then I think it would be different, which is also why I personally think the vote should have been by super-majority. The country is split pretty much right down the middle on this and its going to cause a lot of hurt if we leave.

So if the vote had gone the other way 51% remain and 48% leave, would you still call for a second referendum?

Depends,

The Scottish referendum result was pretty much the same.

I think we should have a second referendum on Scottish independence, and it might shock you but I voted to remain as part of the UK but I think that if we were given a second vote I would have to seriously think about changing my vote.

I dont think I can really answer a question though based on a hypothetical world were we voted differently.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

It's crazy, full disclosure I signed it,

There is a word for people like you..... COLLABORATOR.

The UK after brexit if we dont leave will in my opinion be under enemy occupation, forced into the UK via economic and political blackmail.

The EU is a foreign government that has annexed us without a shot being fired.

Anyone that supports the EU is a traitor and collaborator.

If Artical 50 is revoked I hope we have the balls for resistance against our occupiers....
edit on 21-3-2019 by osoespacialpoco because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2019 by osoespacialpoco because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Farage said he would

www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org... rer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Referendums are problematic at the best of times

Really thats the best you can come up with? What with life peerages; you seriously think the system isn't rigged already?

We had a referendum in Aus to talk about becoming a republic. The problem was it was worded in such a way that we would have a President and a PM. LOL they werent serious about giving us a real republic. Just a pretend one.

en.wikipedia.org...

Many opinions were put forward for the defeat, some relating to perceived difficulties with the parliamentary appointment model, others relating to the lack of public engagement or that most Australians were simply happy to keep the status quo. Some republicans voted no because they did not agree with provisions such as the president being instantly dismissible by the prime minister.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Why? You said yourself 3% isn't enough of a majority, so one would think that would go both ways. If 3% majority is enough to call a second referendum because leave won, then it should also be the same standards if the vote was swapped.

Otherwise that's what you would call hypocrisy and double standards...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join