It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christchurch shooting: police search for gunman after mass shooting at mosque – live updates

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

a reply to: Guyfriday

Was Twitter down?

I know Facebook and associated apps were, some were having trouble with Google and associated apps there but I had not heard about a Twitter outage.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I don't have a twitter account so I real can't answer that. Hopefully some here will have a better answer.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

originally posted by: JinMI

The unknown (to me at least) is that this happened in NZ and I'm not sure how the 'surveillance state' works in your neck o' the woods.

Good question. Since we have many on here from that area of the world, would any of them like to enlighten us on how information gets uncovered down there?

The Australian and NZ systems for monitoring and uncovering info like that is similar, if not the same, as that in the U.S. We have a fairly hefty surveillance state here in Oz and I believe the same is true for NZ.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Apparently it was.I don't use any of then,was just what I read online

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

The unknown (to me at least) is that this happened in NZ and I'm not sure how the 'surveillance state' works in your neck o' the woods.

Good question. Since we have many on here from that area of the world, would any of them like to enlighten us on how information gets uncovered down there?

Australia is very much a police/surveilance state,NSW especially , I can only assume NZ has followed suit very closely...

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Was Twitter down?

I know Facebook and associated apps were, some were having trouble with Google and associated apps there but I had not heard about a Twitter outage.

Nup, twitter was active for me throughout the entire online outage outrage ordeal.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

The Australian and NZ systems for monitoring and uncovering info like that is similar, if not the same, as that in the U.S. We have a fairly hefty surveillance state here in Oz and I believe the same is true for NZ.

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Was Twitter down?

Nup, twitter was active for me throughout the entire online outage outrage ordeal.

So that's interesting. If the authorities knew about this, then why didn't that make a move, or at the very least put law enforcement on alert of this possibility.

edit on 15-3-2019 by Guyfriday because: edited due to late response

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Well given the perceptions and anecdotes, to give this guy so much of a 'leash' would certainly lend itself to a black swan event.

I guess, as per usual, is what could be the endgame. More surveillance and control, as if there weren't enough.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Captured off of twittersphere...
- Terrorist attacks at Christchurch mosques (2)
- Death toll over 40
- 25 in critical condition.
- 4 perpetrators in custody, 3 men and 1 woman
- IEDs attached to vehicles have been defused

No details on the suspects that I can find.

Makes you wonder if and what the Five Eyes (FVEY) alliance knew. Afterall the whole point is to share intel with other foreign intel agencies.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Australia is very much a police/surveilance state,NSW especially , I can only assume NZ has followed suit very closely...

I dont mean to start anything by saying this, but I believe they would have had a harder time amassing their weapons and ammo stockpile here in Oz given our strict gun laws and monitoring. The laws over in NZ aren't as strict as here, apparently there is no national database of registered owners there or anything. Methinks this will change though after this heinous attack.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Explosion in Auckland...

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: tiredoflooking

Read it was a controlled explosion of a unattended backpack? Any truth to that?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:01 AM
link   

This guy only made his Twitter account in February of this year. I do not know when he made his Facebook account, however.

If he had been planning for years like he says, perhaps he had a different set of social media accounts for that and then when he was ready made a new set of accounts to publish his manifesto; which reads like it may have been edited by multiple people.

edit on 15-3-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: Extraneous dot

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:01 AM
link   

people assuming its the army detonating suspicious packages..

how did this reach Auckland though, the IEDs were found in Christchurch

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I just saw another tweet that said the police have found several unattended backpacks.

Bloody terror tactics.

Not sure who is creating them at this point!

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

the shooter was a aussie according to the news

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Read it was a controlled explosion of a unattended backpack? Any truth to that?

Yeah, from what I can tell and have read (it's a bit confusing) - it was two unattended backpacks that got exploded by remote police robot.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold
a reply to: Agit8dChop

the shooter was a aussie according to the news

Yeah our PM Morrison here is mobilizing the police to investigate him. As an Aussie, I am ashamed that he came from here.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Really surprised news.com.au an Australian, Murdoch owned media site has posted an edited version of the go-pro video, showing the perpetrator driving to the mosque. I thought it would be unethical for the MSM to give the Gunman the satisfaction?

Gunman horrifying video inside mosque. (Shooting edited out by News.com.au)

They put it up! It is now gone obviously advised by ASIO or the like to remove it!

Police have since arrested four people in connection to the deadly shootings that killed at least 30 people.

Police said the three men and one woman were now in custody and they have disarmed a number of improvised explosive devices attached to a vehicle.

I had the original screen still on my phone and the video still played.....Heres a screenshot of Murdochs ethics at play. I took a small video capture on the phone before accidently pressing the back button too the re-edited page without video....need a new laptop...

edit on 15-3-2019 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: aliensanonymous
Really surprised news.com.au an Australian, Murdoch owned media site has posted an edited version of the go-pro video, showing the perpetrator driving to the mosque. I thought it would be unethical for the MSM to give the Gunman the satisfaction?

Gunman horrifying video inside mosque. (Shooting edited out by News.com.au)

Police have since arrested four people in connection to the deadly shootings that killed at least 30 people.

Police said the three men and one woman were now in custody and they have disarmed a number of improvised explosive devices attached to a vehicle.

Murdoch have ethics?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

As an aside, I'm surprised you could even find an article on news.com.au that wasn't either sponsored content about Aldi's latest craze driving all the mothers crazy, or updates about the latest MAFS episode.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join