It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Bigelow & BAASS, After AATIP and on To the Stars...

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

... the microbially mediated biosignatures can be proposed microbial mediation by iron oxidising bacteria on Mars.'

Traffic cops should ask suspected drink-drivers to read out that phrase.

edit on 17-4-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

Well I am no fan of that paper either. But just to clarify the announcement.

It does actually confirm in the first line of the report this an entirely different discovery relating to meteorite ALH-77005.

It's an interesting paper but very technical, I should imagine they felt it easy to write around the subject rather than about it. It confirms previous findings using slightly different techniques to those previously used.

originally posted by: mirageman

Somehow I don't think they will be sending Zondo and Tom to Mars to find more samples! Sadly.

No. And not particularly. Fortunately NASA, and their numerous national and academic partners, are more interested in education than entertainment so actual fact based research into life here and elsewhere and how that all plays into the system is carrying on regardless while they make that biscuit they're standing around soggy so one of them can eat it.
edit on 17-4-2019 by KilgoreTrout because: 's to go

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Would that be our magnetic friends Mr Mirage?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

... the microbially mediated biosignatures can be proposed microbial mediation by iron oxidising bacteria on Mars.'

Traffic cops should ask suspected drink-drivers to read out that phrase.

English is not the first language of the authors of the paper.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

The brown signature of melts and olivine could be caused by magnetotactic bacteria (Hoffmannet al., 2008), which has 0.4-0.7 wt.% MnO (Ikeda, 1994) as bioessential element which support our scenario. The low Ca pyroxenes also contain 0.4-0.6 wt.% MnO (Ikeda, 1994). The dark melt has 19-26 wt.% FeO and 0.4-0.7 wt.% MnO (Edmun-sonet al., 2002), which are bioessential elements of iron oxidizing bacteria. The P2O5 content in melt pockets varies between 3-5 wt.% (by melt of apatite and whithlockite) (Calvin & Rutherford, 2005), which is a essential chemical component for microbial activity and could also be consumed as nutrient for iron oxidizing bacteria. The mentioning of signature for Martian life was mentioned by Mikouchiet al.(1997), who found PAHs and magnetotactic nanobacteria structured microfossils with biomineral stroilite pyrite and carbonate in ALH-84001 meteorite. Our recent results fit well with their interpretation, similarly to Mikouchiet al.(1997), these features were found in melt pocket and near pyrite - troilite grains of ALH-77005 meteorite: organic material, morphology, biogenic minerals were found. The troilite grains contain 0.04 wt.% Zn based on Ikeda (1994), which could solve as nutrient for iron oxidizing bacteria.

www.degruyter.com...

There for the reading.
edit on 17-4-2019 by KilgoreTrout because: tidying quote

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Fortunately NASA, and their numerous national and academic partners, are more interested in education than entertainment so actual fact based research into life here and elsewhere and how that all plays into the system is carrying on regardless while they make that biscuit they're standing around soggy so one of them can eat it.

After reading that I am thinking. "TTSA - Creamy Cookies" , coming soon.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Or soonish. Some of those guys are clocking on in years and may require the services promoted by Pele to even get started.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout

Or soonish. Some of those guys are clocking on in years and may require the services promoted by Pele to even get started.

I would!

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So will this be sort of a re-run of ALH84001?
This is from the speech President Clinton made about that 23 years ago:

www2.jpl.nasa.gov...

Today, rock 84001 speaks to us across all those billions of years and millions of miles. It speaks of the possibility of life. If this discovery is confirmed, it will surely be one of the most stunning insights into our universe that science has ever uncovered. Its implications are as far-reaching and awe-inspiring as can be imagined. Even as it promises answers to some of our oldest questions, it poses still others even more fundamental.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

It's a little different.

With ALH84001 it was a just a matter of thingies that looked like they might be fossilized bacteria. This study goes into some chemical analysis of fossilized thingies that look like they might be bacteria.

The tricky part is, as with using morphology alone, are these "signatures" unique to life? Raising the basic question:

edit on 4/18/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Cameron now says this pending announcement is "linked to an event that happened on March 26."

I know UFO Megacon was that week.
edit on 18-4-2019 by coursecatalog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: coursecatalog

What’s Cameron pushing now, more aliens and music theory… or some other idea?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

If you scroll back in this thread you can see his statements. Says some kind of UFO-related announcement is imminent (within days). It will be made by one of ongoing Disclosure groups, maybe not TTSA.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

'It works like a Brotherhood, then, what are the parameters?'
'Ah, that's an interesting question,' said Kit, perking up. 'I think they belong to a project, but it's a small project, not a big one.' 'Its a small project made out to look like a big one?' 'Yes. And its hidden in a contractor's basement somewhere, not in the government. And all the Brothers, come to think of it, are people in their seventies, older gentlemen.'...

'What is their initiation process?' I asked. 'Apparently you get invited to go into the desert, near Sandia, in New Mexico, and there you see your first UFO,' Kit answered...'I heard the MD in the Brotherhood passed away recently, I was supposed to succeed him,' Kit added.

'Somehow it didn't happen.' 'You must not have passed the test,' said D'Amato. 'How do you think the information works?' 'You'd better ask Jacques,' said Kit. 'He's the expert on that.' We spent the next half hour discussing control systems...

Taken from Forbidden Science Vol.4 as per one of Keith Basterfields latest blogs;
ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

Whats interesting here is some of the locations and as we know in terms of what Diana Pasulka covers in her book about being taken into the desert etc etc...also of note is Sandia Labs as well which tallies with locations that Pasulka mentions.

Thought it was interesting and worth bringing up in case anyone had missed it

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Lots of strange tidbits in those Forbidden Science journals I must say. I read volume 1 and 2 but have not read the others.

Update on Grant Cameron discussion of a major UFO announcement: He now says 4 PM EST today (Monday). But he also is expressing some doubt that it will actually happen.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: coursecatalog

he also is expressing some doubt that it will actually happen.

Am out of popcorn!

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
So a little different but still sort of the same bottom line. Is it evidence of life or not? We aren't sure, in either case.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I have been searching online for this nitpicking full on attack style rhetoric that people like Knapp and others have been alluding to in terms of "disclosure" on social media channels.

I was honestly expecting to see what was described, but that's not what I found. I simply found people asking questions around the subject and asking if there was any evidence etc to back up said claims.

What I did find was the rhetoric actually going in the opposite direction.The rhetoric from the pro TTSA crowd and even some of the young guns is actually astonishing and quite concerning. Some of them might as well post "burn the heretics" or have a book burning session on some of the more scientific approach material from over the years!

It's all beginning to look like an indoctrination into a new religion, it really is. But then I shouldn't be surprised, ufology has always been like a cult/religion where facts and evidence aren't required for one to believe.

Ufology in my opinion is the greatest achievement of the intelligence and the new age styled community, who have had their bird like talons dug into the back of it all from the very start.

I don't want to go over this again as I haven't publically stated my own experiences of high strangeness in detail and nor will I, but I have mentioned it quite a few times now, BUT just because I have experienced strange things does not mean I lose my sense of judgment and logic to every story that come along claiming to expose the truth on said experiences. Is people's hunger for anything related to it that bad? Talk about mind control and social engineering!

Zondo states "this is real, wake up" in the trailer for the tv show. Well the truth is free Lue, it doesnt require an entertainment company, $37,000,000 of monopoly money debt, audio books, t-shirts, aging scientologists, redressed ufo YouTube videos and alien abduction pyjamas! It's free....whatever the truth is....

Ahhhhh.... Not had an episode for a while, much better now.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Well the truth is free Lue

Now that would be nice.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

It would also be straight forward too...now 4names is saying that AATIP came before AAWSAP! which contradicts everything that Zondo has stated, which in itself doesn't stand from much as John Greenwald has stated before in relation to the whole mess.

Wow....you would almost think it was all poorly executed on purpose.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join