It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Actor Asserts Existence of ‘Biologically Female Penis’

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

then sooner or later, you will deal with this in a nursing home.

Until then, your argument is moot.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AProudLefty

then sooner or later, you will deal with this in a nursing home.

Until then, your argument is moot.

No. You just don't want to deal with it. If you wrote this law and these individuals exist, then whoever wrote it had to know that sooner or later these are issues that would have to be dealt with in some manner by all involved. What do you think? Gender fluid people just wither away and die on street corners somewhere and never go into nursing homes?

Gender Fluidity -- It exists enough that CNN wrote about it.

For some people, gender is not just about being male or female; in fact, how one identifies can change every day or even every few hours.

Gender fluidity, when gender expression shifts between masculine and feminine, can be displayed in how we dress, express and describe ourselves.

edit on 23-2-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

So.... you work at nursing home?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

"You look like a man so I'll call you an he."
"But uh I am really a woman."

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AProudLefty

It doesn't matter. Explain to me why exactly you think no gender fluid person (and I've proven to you they do exist) will ever go to a nursing home and create the kind of complications I describe. Are all those people going to wither away and die on street corners instead of entering nursing care?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Deal with what? Your scenario doesn't exist as of now.
And yes I know gender fluidity exists. We are talking about nursing homes. When that happens, we can talk about it.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

a reply to: projectvxn

"You look like a man so I'll call you an he."
"But uh I am really a woman."

That interaction doesn't require the force of law or threat of arrest or fines.

It's as if you abhor the idea of a free society in its totality.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Deal with what? Your scenario doesn't exist as of now.
And yes I know gender fluidity exists. We are talking about nursing homes. When that happens, we can talk about it.

And by then, there is a law that creates problems like I mentioned. Then we say "I told you so" when one of you comes crying about how you misgendered someone who is gender fluid and got fired for putting your employer in legal jeopardy.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I never said it isn't possible. I'm just saying that it doesn't happen as of now. And of course if it happens and the resident keeps flip flopping, the employees and the nursing home would be exempted from lawsuit because as you have stated they wouldn't have known.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I never said it isn't possible. I'm just saying that it doesn't happen as of now. And of course if it happens and the resident keeps flip flopping, the employees and the nursing home would be exempted from lawsuit because as you have stated they wouldn't have known.

I wouldn't be so sure. As you say, there will be paperwork, and it will clearly say this person is gender fluid, so you should have known.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

"Good morning, what do you want to be called for today?"

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

"Good morning, what do you want to be called for today?"

And when you get the dementia patient who can't recall you asking or what he or she answered that day or gets partway through the day and slips back to a time when he or she was in a different gender than the one he or she started out being?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I'd imagine the same rules would apply to any other residents suffering from dementia.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

You were saying?

Hiding the truth under a plethora of lies does not make you right... That bill forces people to call others as they want to be called, and if they don't, people get jailed and fined... But then again, that's "justice' for people like you who want to force others to your views and ideas..."

That's an hyperbole.

"Please call me Roger."
"No you look like Bob so I'll call you that, Mr. Bob."

So in other words you don't want to address me, and treat me as i want?... That's discrimination. You should be jailed and fined for it...

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: projectvxn
An entire generation of people who are cutting their dicks off

Hyperbole much? You do know that Trans people make up like not even 1% of the population right? Also, SRS doesn't chop the dick off. It actually uses the penis skin to reforge it into a vagina.

choppinh it off...mutilating it....what's the difference? These people are mentally ill and I will not entertain the idea. They want us to accept them and their insane views but we are the crazy ones right? lmfao. This world is a mess.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It doesn't matter. Explain to me why exactly you think no gender fluid person (and I've proven to you they do exist) will ever go to a nursing home and create the kind of complications I describe. Are all those people going to wither away and die on street corners instead of entering nursing care?

Gender Fluid is just another made up term to please these insane people. Sorry but if someone sits there and feels they are male minute and female another, that's a hormonal issue and starts in the brain. I don't care if anyone gets offended. I guess I can just make up my own term on how I feel and people have to accept it or that makes THEM the crazy ones right? lmfao.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

I'm not about to disagree much with you, but the society around us has chosen to indulge their whims.

I'm trying to point this out to the poster above. When society makes laws that enforce the delusion on the rest of us on pain of jailing or fines, then it ceases to be simply a personal issue these people have and becomes our problem, too. It then *does* affect the rest of us negatively for refusing to play along.

Personally, I don't care if someone wants to pretend they are a yellow dragon and a stone building at the same time, but their game stops when I have to play along. They should not get to legally force me to reject my own reality and substitute theirs.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I work at a Nursing Home.

In our home resides a melting pot of backgrounds and cultures, for example. First nations people some tribal elders who have lived in the outback speaking and practicing ancient tribal culture. Others have been hard working taxpayers, artists, ex-vetrans, retired police and professors. Some are disadvataged ex-addicts or homless basically people from every walk of life. Suffering a myriad of illnesses from alzheimer's, dementia, and chronic illnesses.

We have a dedactaed ward for pshyco geriatrics some retirees from mental institutions or prisons. It is hard work and very challenging but rewarding.

Recently our organisation has started rolling out LGBT training and if I was a man of the church I would say this is a "god send". As we also have a melting pot of staff primarily Africans. They come from countries where their cultures do not act kindly to people who do not conform too the biblical texts.

So this training is thouroughly needed to maintain equality of care and proper practice towards those not conforming to their care givers social norms.

So basically the staff are more of a headache and challenging than the clients due to their insular view of the world resulting in a lack of care and respect towards their clients.

edit on 23-2-2019 by aliensanonymous because: Bigotory is very last century.....

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

And if a dementia patient or some mentally ill patients say "on Monday they are a turtle" you say hello terry the turtle and help them make a nest to lay eggs. Then Tuesday "their an orange" you stay away with the orange juicer or knife or water their tree. No point of bursting their bubble and upsetting the apple cart.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

The people who think laws like that are ok appear to be incapable of seeing things from anything but one side.

"What gives you the right to deny my lived experience? Why are you trying to delegitimize my existance?" These are two actual complaints I heard a trans woman make last week*. I think they can just as fairly be asked by biological women of trans women.

*Not directed at me, to be clear. People are just people, and unless someone got in my face and started harassing me, I would never dream of being rude or disrespectful to an obviously trans person in the store, on the street, or wherever. I couldn't care less if someone is trans on a personal level, it's the fact that we now have laws and such being made which, in the name of "non-discrimination," discriminate against biological women that burns my ass.
edit on 24-2-2019 by riiver because: (no reason given)

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join