It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Let's just say if i was Mrs May, i would be keeping my eye out as to where i could get hold of a load of cardboard boxes on really short notice.

Because realistically, and vote of confidence aside her own party hates her, and her time as PM is just about up given her failure monstrosity Brexit plan, never mind a few other choice debacles shes up to her neck in.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Nah I just heard apparently it’s a message to reassure the public that she’s still big boss lady and will deliver on brexit like a reliable polish Deliveroo cyclist.....so not all that reliable and your order of Brexit and chips will be about 2 years late despite promises being made otherwise by the app.
Brexit and chips! Pmsl!

We'll see what crap she comes out with in a minute or so

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

She's ""unsettling"" to look at that a given, there's no ""May"" about that.

Terrorhawk Zelda in blue really.

Shes disappointed.......really??? LoL

Her and about 65 million other poor sods.

edit on 16-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Anyone else think May looks like she just stepped on a plug every time she tries to smile

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well that was underwhelming.

Two points to note.

1) Corbyn refusing to meet. Smart or stupid? Time will tell.
2) No chance of 2nd vote. Good. That would be a national disgrace beyond even Mays govt.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
May reiterates that she understands it is her duty to deliver on the British people’s instruction to leave the European Union: “And I intend to do so”

Guys, let's get a consensus here
stay on this thread, or go to t'other ?

Threadxit !!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It bothers me that Theresa May is speaking in "sound bites" in this situation. She says that the country wants the government to deliver Brexit "overwhelmingly". I think that is a long way from the truth. There is no sense in her speech that she is truly navigating through a national crisis.

She may be trying to play "brinkmanship" with parliament, hoping that as the deadline looms, enough MPs will come round to supporting her plan. The problem with that is that a faction of her own party wants the country to sleepwalk into a no deal Brexit.

Theresa May has the sort of personality that would seek an extension of time from the EU, for political arm twisting in Britain, to gain support, but I don't think the EU or most people other than Theresa May believe that this is just a matter of time.

I think we are heading for a withdrawal of Article 50 and a return to square one. I don't think "political consequences" for anyone, at this date, are significant. They all look dreadful.
edit on 16-1-2019 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I find it sad that as a UK citizen I look at each party and realise there is nothing that attracts me to any of them for when the next election comes I'd have no idea who to vote for they all seem as bad as each other.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Aye but she didnt stand on it it went up her arse!
Also Brexit app , I think you are onto something there!

Keeps you updated with governments terrible decisions every second of the day!

also do you think there will be some sort of food named after brexit just to remind us all how # it is , or some sort of pop appeal for those who died from brexit . (lets hope that doesnt actually happen) but if stats are real then the tories austerity has already ended peoples lives so just think what austerity brexit will mean!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
I find it sad that as a UK citizen I look at each party and realise there is nothing that attracts me to any of them for when the next election comes I'd have no idea who to vote for they all seem as bad as each other.

....and therein lies THE problem....more than F*ckit......sorry...Brexit!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
There'll be an extension on brexit and 12 months time we'll be in exactly the same crappy situation.

Corbyn is a joke.

I am developing a grudging respect for May, most other politician would have walked away, a la Cameron, but she does seem determined to see it through, one way or another.
The only problem with that is she's a dithering incompetent who demands little or no respect from her peers....let alone the electorate.

A contradiction? Maybe.

Its amazing that they are now starting to say that this transcends party politics, no #ing #!
The rest of the country realised this two #ing years ago yet the penny is just dropping with these morons now?

Who on earth do we elect to represent us?.....they seem to have the mental capacity and ability of a new born!

Lets just do away with all of them and the system they seek to maintain and start afresh.

And as for the EU trying to bully us....bring it on, you've tried it before and never succeeded and you won't this time!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

"The only problem with that is she's a dithering incompetent who demands little or no respect from her peers....let alone the electorate."

Well if she was the captain on a boat at sea, i imagine her crew would have mutinied around the time she decided to take the helm from Cameron, and steer us right squared into the storm we now face.

Frankly, i think she might be a little bit touched in the head, she's like one of those old boxers that doe's not ken when to stay down, only worse looking. LoL

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   

hahhaha aye we knew it transcended party politics from the Jump , yet these clowns , just dawned on them!

Aye she reminds me of a stubborn pug with a chew toy !
doesnt really want it , but wont let it go for other dogs to play with!
So she will see it through, cool, at least she is a woman of her word, if she done anything less, she'd probably go down in the history books as the worse conservative PM ever !
No one really wants that accolade!

If the UK was a ship then we'd have keel hauled May already or made her walk the plank and the rest of the tories would be on spud duty while we get the thing water tight waiting for the trade winds!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Corbyn is a joke.

'
' and not even a good one!!

I am developing a grudging respect for May, most other politician would have walked away, a la Cameron, but she does seem determined to see it through, one way or another.

I said that sometime ago on one of these threads .........

And as for the EU trying to bully us....bring it on, you've tried it before and never succeeded and you won't this time!

Just imagine being married to a controlling abusive partner and not

being able to get a divorce with equal fair division of property.....suicide might

be an attractive alternative?

Reply to ThePeaceMaker

Its not even a posibility to think of anyone who could be 'the best of a bad job'

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

She's ""unsettling"" to look at that a given, there's no ""May"" about that.

Terrorhawk Zelda in blue really.

Shes disappointed.......really??? LoL

Her and about 65 million other poor sods.

# Zelda , thats where I knew id seen her before
hahahah still got them on VHS

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

hahhaha aye we knew it transcended party politics from the Jump , yet these clowns , just dawned on them!

Actually, to begin with it was pure party politics because it was David Cameron attempting to stop a civil war brewing within the Tory Party. He thought the country would just vote Remain and that would get them working together. Farage takes credit but it was all Cameron.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Aye Terrorhawks was on Saturday morning after Glen Michaels Cavalcade if memory serves.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Terrorhawks was awesome - as was Q, etc. Millenials on the other hand grew up with Peppa Pig and the like. That is why we are such balanced, nuanced individuals wheras millenails are all wet blankets.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

cartoon cavalcade with a bowl of cereal , every weekend

was the best !

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Aye I think it was 80's cartoons that done it to be honest!

Centurions , mask , He-man , She-Ra , Dungeons n Dragons , ulysses 31, battle of the planets, wheeled warriors, citiies of gold
telling us we all have the power to do great things if we just put our minds to it !

then captain planet in the early 90's , probably the reason I studied environmental toxicology hahaha

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join