It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I didn't realise we were outvoted by such a high amount. Who says democracy is dead, eh?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Gove is knocking it out of the park.
Outstanding.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Outstanding.

Not often I agree with you....

Its almost like he's interviewing for a new job
edit on 16-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Outstanding.

Not often I agree with you....

Its almost like he's getting reading for a new job

Never seen him put that level of passion allied with truth and common sense in a speech.
Perhaps he is auditioning - not for now, but for the 2022 election.

edit on 16/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
2 new Aircraft carriers
woohoo !

by jove, we're off... voting has started

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l
2 new Aircraft carriers
woohoo !

by jove, we're off... voting has started

I have to say I think its a bit sad that the biggest criticism of Corbyn that he went for is that the guy is a pacifist, as if its wrong not to be the usual breed of warmonger.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
The pacifist scumbag would have given the Falklands to Argentina.
I wouldn't trust him to mind my pint at the pub when I went for a piss, never mind the nation.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

And using the speech to focus on Corbyn
bad show

I'll jump over to the other thread, just seen it this minute

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

No? No to no confidence? Majority 19... that's not much

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

True but when the likes of the UK are teetering on the brink of such uncertainty, with God knows what to follow, the world should darn well sit up and pay attention. Because whilst the likes of the US somewhat lead the way in today's world, we are still all about the monies, so if our financial institutions and establishment fail, the knock on Domino effect will most lightly follow rather sharpish around the world.
edit on 16-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The most damning thing he said about Corbyn was in relation to Corbyn's honouring of terrorists.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Party lines.

Tories don't like May's deal, but thy recognise a crazy communist leading the opposition party when they see one. They are not going to open the door to that madness.
edit on 16/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

And it would be madness with the likes of Jeremy at the helm, out of the fat and into the frying pan really.

Thing is real change to our whole system of politics is required, swapping out one shower of inept bastards for the next load of dirty swine, solves nothing, and only serves to promote and facilitate the class war being waged across the nation.

I don't know what the answer is or where it could be even had, but ile hazard a guess to say, its not more self-serving Tories, nor bawbag Labour that are going to provide a solution.

The door to the madness is already wide open and off the hinges ta boot, closing it seems to be the real problem.
edit on 16-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

Don't forget about beloved Trident. LoL

You know if they really wanted a button there were never going to push it would be far more cost effective to simply purchase Microsoft Zune.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This is a perfect storm of political impotence.

May did not even get all of the Conservative Party MPs to vote for her. If Jeremy Corbyn had any stature at all, May would have lost this vote, after such a crushing defeat of her Brexit plan. The fact is that Corbyn does not have the right stuff to lead a major political party. He has no vision and no sense of the moment (unseemly to the point of theatrical outrage when delivering the motion of no confidence). He is a schemer and is seen to be a schemer. He's not a leader. He's a creeper.
edit on 16-1-2019 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

you are right if the opposition was actually an opposition that vote of no confidence would have happened earlier and we'd have been in a general election already .
I think one thing we could all vote on today with ease is that no of us really have any confidence on any of our political parties to deliver a brexit deal thats beneficial to the public

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Theresa May to make a statement at 10pm.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Theresa May to make a statement at 10pm.

Ohhhh now that is a turn up for the books, wonder if she is going to quit

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I bet you a tenner she won't quit

...oh and I saw a post from you earlier (lighthearted) that I said I'm going to London to fight if we get ripped off and Brexit doesn't happen. I did laugh, but to clarify, I never said that, although I am always prepared to fight with reasonable defensive force if a remoaner attacked me or whatever.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Nah I just heard apparently it’s a message to reassure the public that she’s still big boss lady and will deliver on brexit like a reliable polish Deliveroo cyclist.....so not all that reliable and your order of Brexit and chips will be about 2 years late despite promises being made otherwise by the app.
edit on 16-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join