It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

If anyone thinks I'm that shallow that I voted the way I did because Boris Johnson said something that was written on a bus was true then they must be basing their opinion on their own mental limitations and gullibility.

edit on 16/1/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Who was that?

Maybe there are at least one or two half decent human beings amongst them that have some sort of conscience.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

If anyone thinks I'm that shallow that I voted the way I did because Boris Johnson said something that was written on a bus was true then they must be basing their opinion on their own mental limitations and gullibility.

That's about the size of it - apart from Solo, of course - his towering intellect dwarfs half the UK. Apparently. According to him, anyway.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Because the argument for having one isn't based on the legitimacy or otherwise of the first.

Its a contradiction in terms......

How can you have a second when you haven't yet had a first?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Justine Greening

"challenge on brexit is not about labour or conservative, its above party politics"

Not sure on the time stamp as Im listening from youtube , as parliament live is buffering too long

she follows sir vincent gable

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
.....Tim are you happy with your purchase?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I don't think any of those in power have had any intention of leaving. We have plenty of astute political minds that should have been working on all possible outcomes and how to meet those challenges. What we have now isn't a shambles it is a scenario that has been orchestrated by those in power.
It is also conceivable that the idea of another election or May having to go is a price worth paying, anything other than Brexit. It is indeed the real 'Hotel California', no one is allowed to leave.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: eletheia

People today are shallow mate, hence the accusation. This is not a dig at you - i for one believe you. But generally speaking, how often these days do you hear people parroting whatever the latest internet campaign is? Without actually understanding what they are banging on about! Makes me laugh on a daily basis........

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

London won’t be fine. Seriously it’s the same garbage here as everywhere else.

Don’t let the comfortable aura of Westminster’s politicians and lords or the Banking hub areas of London fool you into thinking this is good for London. It’s spiralling rapidly.
edit on 16-1-2019 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Fair points.....

Its disheartening.

I'm going to the pub soon.....talk #e to my mates, play some pool, take the piss out of each other, listen to some music on the juke box, anything really other than thinking or hearing about Brexit.

Might turn the tv on about 10ish, the conversation then may get lively - not all my friends see things the same way as I do!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

have fun mate

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
just thinking about it again for a minute, say we did have another referendum on EU

even if Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland all voted remain
they could still easily be out voted by a majority in England ,
how then can we ever say we are a united kingdom on issues such as these !

all anyone need do to win a majority vote is campaign hard in England as the majority of the UK's voting electorate
live and work in England

the rest of the UK will always be held to ransom by voters in England

The total number of Parliamentary electors in each of the UK constituent countries and the percentage changes between 2016 and 2017 was:

England – 38,693,900, an increase of 0.8%

Wales – 2,261,200, an increase of 0.8%

Scotland – 3,950,600, an increase of 0.5%

Northern Ireland – 1,242,300, an increase of 3.0%

So the total of Wales, NI and Scotland is 7,454,100 , which is roughly two tenths of the total voting electorate in the UK

so 3 countries in a Union with a country with a population which is nearly ten times that of them combined who vote on major issues will always defer to the outcome of England

does anyone else see a problem with this ?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

does anyone else see a problem with this ?

What, that you will just have to do what your'e told? I can see no problem there.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Because the argument for having one isn't based on the legitimacy or otherwise of the first.

Its a contradiction in terms......

How can you have a second when you haven't yet had a first?

We have had a first?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

woudlnt it be more fair and representative and democratic if we done it this way

any new UK wide vote

we tally up the results , so theoretically we had another EU ref
Scotland majority votes remain, Northern Ireland majority votes remain, Wales majority votes remain , England majority votes leave , so that would make it a 3-1 vote for remain because we are individual sovereign nations within a Union , so our votes should not be overshadowed by a majority who are politically at odds with each other !

if it came down to a deadlock and it was 2-2 then we'd need some other finalisation ruling which is fair. Like an formula which considers the total volume of voting electorate which took part in the vote and then scales it fairly taking into consideration that difference in electorate.
edit on 16-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Its the entire world that needs those though mate, not just the UK.

You show me a noble uncorrupted politician through.

And i will point out the flying pig in the sky.

Agreed, but the thread is about Brexit

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

We have had a first?

Not complete till its been implemented.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

We have had a first?

Not complete till its been implemented.

Do you think we should still implement it even if the majority of people now wanted to remain?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Do you think we should still implement it even if the majority of people now wanted to remain?

You have a link for that? ......... Or is it pure supposition.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You have a link for that? ......... Or is it pure supposition.

It's not a claim its a question.

Care to answer it?

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join