It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Well if she was the captain on a boat at sea, i imagine her crew would have mutinied around the time she decided to take the helm from Cameron, and steer us right squared into the storm we now face.

But she did not take the helm from him - he resigned, like the coward he is!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Battle of the Planets. I had forgotten that. Marine Boy. 70's programmes for kids were sometimes pretty psychedelic.

Weird Czech cartoons, the Moomins, HR Puf'n'Stuff.

It's a wonder my generation turned out normal. Sort of.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
As I did vote for Brexit I should be happy?, yet I beleive the deal will be rejected, I am not sure what the MPs are holding out for the EU will give no preferential treatment to the first (maybe only/maybe first of many) country to leave, there is no deal to be negotiated, what ever we are offered has to be better than no deal, surely, OR will we suffer a punishment Brexit from the self serving MEPs from Junker and his friends, they have punished Greece harshly enough, maybe we are next in line.

Our personal relationships with other countries will not change our opinion of fellow EU states will not change, we have been allies of these countries far longer than we have been part of the EU.

I do not want another referendum to decide anything now, becuase if the result is different and remain win, do we then have to have another vote when the leavers protest and so the circle will continue.

If another referendum is chosen, I will never bother voting again, whats the point, just ask me what result you want and put my X there.

From what I know of the WTO rules, the Brits should be able to trade with who ever they like, with out quota's or import duties while they sort out trade deals, for up to ten years, in any case, how did the Brits survive before they joined the EU ? How did the Brits survive two world wars without help from the other 27 ?
How did the Brits survive being bankrupted twice in the last centuary ? (Two world wars).

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

hahah aye they are the best cartoons ever man!

I was gutted because I never got to find out how the moomins ended I have unfinished business there

I just remember them going away in an airship one day and cant remember much after that!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Satire:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Spoiler Alert:

Moomin takes place between a three-year period of time. Moomin and his family or friends manage to take part in two winter periods through the series, although the Moomins are normally supposed to fall into hibernation. Through the series, Snork, the Snork Maiden's inventor brother, designs and creates two flying ships of different type; the first is destroyed due sabotage and the second one gets finished at the end of the series. Before the second winter period, the Moomins and their friends also get to know Alicia and her grandmother, who is a witch. She teaches Alicia to become a real witch and has a negative opinion about the Moomins and their nice nature. As the series goes on, the witch however begins to appreciate them. At the end of the series, Snork decides to go on a journey with his finished flying ship while Alicia and her grandmother also leave the Moominvalley for the third winter period. The series concludes when the winter arrives, the Moomins fall into hibernation and Snufkin travels to the south once again.

Obviously.

I remember being scared of Babar the Elephant for some reason which I can't remember.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I was more into The Clangers

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

So I did see the end, I always though there would be a season after where they showed you their flying ship adventures !

I loved the moomins such a great cute cartoon

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Take, given, appointed, when you're in charge the buck stops with you I'm afraid, or in this case her.

As to Cameron, well being a coward is the least of his proclivities, dead pig heads and all that Jazz.

edit on 17-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Me too! Mr Benn. Ivor the Engine. fingerbobs. Bagpuss. Captain Pugwash (I know, I know, don't start). What have the snowflake millennials got?

Quickly steering back on topic, what is Corbyn up to?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Corbyn needs to see the soup dragon, get a nice big bowl and cure his pasty emaciated look lol.
He should start working with May though, this issue crosses party lines...and to be fair, May should have reached out a lot sooner. It is a shambles now with the clock ticking away fast.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The Clangers were the business, always seemed to come on BBC2 just before i was heading back to school at the end of lunchtime. LoL

I liked "Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors" anybody remembers that one?

Or "Sport Billy" that was another stormer.

edit on 17-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Flavian

Aye I think it was 80's cartoons that done it to be honest!

Centurions , mask , He-man , She-Ra , Dungeons n Dragons , ulysses 31, battle of the planets, wheeled warriors, citiies of gold
telling us we all have the power to do great things if we just put our minds to it !

then captain planet in the early 90's , probably the reason I studied environmental toxicology hahaha

This post put loads of theme songs in my head...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
Same

Typical UK political thread, arguments and debate turns to banter, then totally off-topic to our childhood memories of TV haha!
...and all because T.May looks like Zelda from Terrahalks LMFAO!

On-topic, Wordsworth, the dog from Jamie and his Magic Torch would do a better job at handling Brexit negotiations than this current government and Parliament in general.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

The resemblance though is uncanny

"Jamie and the Magic Torch"

Another masterpiece, if memory serves, i loved the helter-skelter at the shows back when i was a wean down to that toon.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'd do her in the pic after a couple of Sambuca's, she's a fox!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Take more than a couple of Sambuca and you better hope she's on top else your backs going be in some nick the next day with those talons nevermind your head with all that Sambuca.

Did you manage to get a boiler sorted by the way?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Haha true!

...new boiler fitted the other day, mate is a plumber an did it for a slab of cans and a smoke. It's handy being in the building game, none of the stupid prices people charge, mates rates. I'm similar though with customers, if it is a rich house I'll charge loads more for a job than say some old lady who is on a crap pension and poor. I've done some small jobs before now for just a cup of tea, cooked meal and pay for materials.

Last one was an old lady, was quoted £6000 for a new flat roof by someone else, it was only split in a few places, £80 for a tin of Cromapol and a disposable Poundland paintbrush, her roof is good for years now. She paid me with a home cooked cottage pie, 4 beers, and a baked sponge cake lol.

No matter what happens after Brexit, that spirit here of community barter etc will not change. My son is a plumber, he fixes leaking taps or whatever for a hot meal and a few beers often in my social circle. It is how communities should be.
We all have to make a living but it ain't always all about the coin.
EDIT
My son couldn't do my boiler because he is still on his 'Gas safe' course, will be qualified for that in a month or so, but he can only work on water until then. He's looking at £1000 per week once he qualifies, big new housing site he's working on pay by the job/task and they are free to work however many hours they want because the site has 24 hour security so is effectively open all the time.
Brexit isn't going to suddenly mean nobody will want those houses to be built, there is a total housing shortage here.
edit on 18-1-2019 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Corbyn is refusing to join cross party talks unless may takes "No Deal" off the table. Surely, the threat of a no deal is a trump card in any further negotiations with the EU? I don't get his position at all.

Dianne Abbott was on Question Time last night, anyone see it (stand down, Cornish!)? Absolute waste of space. She does not have a clue about anything.

Massive cheer for walking away with no deal:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Corbyn is refusing to join cross party talks unless may takes "No Deal" off the table. Surely, the threat of a no deal is a trump card in any further negotiations with the EU? I don't get his position at all.

Isnt he being rather hypocritical? virtually doing the same as T.May?

Dianne Abbott was on Question Time last night, anyone see it (stand down, Cornish!)? Absolute waste of space. She does not have a clue about anything.

Slightly off topic, while watching it I wondered how many ATS members were

also watching, If any were could you put a yea or na on your posts?

Massive cheer for walking away with no deal:

#ME TOO

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join