It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels tells Theresa May - delaying Brexit will cost UK £10bn

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Well. Debt most certainly will be an issue after the Brexit, so...

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
If we hard brexit ,and refuse to pay the 10billion, what would the EU . spit out the dummy and send in the boys ?

are we legally obligated by international law to pay ?

Id be quite happy for the UK just to say to the EU to ram the 10 billion and then
say "MOAN THEN !"

lol ( I am just joking )

I mean the last foreign empire to try and conquer Britain failed sorry come close to! , and all they brought us were roads, and the jaggy nettle !

I understand the EU gave us some nice laws on bits of paper which are ultimately meaningless !

they dont give us the working class any more freedom than a non EU member really inside the EU than we already had under british law!
they can say our freedoms are more protected, but are they really ?

what good is having human rights supported by the EU if the #ing UN dont even enforce them !
load of #e, the only good thing the EU has probably done was stopping further conflict in europe!

edit on 19-11-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

lol.
because its a stupid decision to remain in this union
the video illusrates why this is the case
the uk is currently in the e.u.
it wants to leave.
this is called brexit.
the e.u. is a supranational body that seeks to annex your sovereignty using financial control and intergration.
some of us dont like it
some of us dont understand
some are communists

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I know you lol'd but I am go on to be that guy and give an answer (as its actually a good question).

There isn't any particularly effective legal mechanism for enforcing debt between countries across borders.

So If UK didn't want to pay would be hard legally to enforce. Only way would be if UK had assets in another country and EU could persuade courts in that country that debt was owed.

Real reason that UK would pay is that 10 billion is a drop in ocean compared to good will and relationship with the EU.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: username74

lol.
because its a stupid decision to remain in this union
the video illusrates why this is the case
the uk is currently in the e.u.
it wants to leave.
this is called brexit.
the e.u. is a supranational body that seeks to annex your sovereignty using financial control and intergration.
some of us dont like it
some of us dont understand
some are communists

So you can't actually answer what the relevance of the video was then. Just a gish gallop of nonsense.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

its an issue whether in the e.u. or not.
remaining in the e.u will not avoid the financial collapse of europe or the uk.
it is baked into the cake.
problems were not resolved in 2007/8

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

ok what dont you understand?
i have repeatedly explained why i posted the vid.
to show what a ridiculous arrangement the e.u. is.
thats a good reason to leave.
dont you understand the video?
how is a video on the state of the e.u. irrelevant to the e.u. ?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: username74

Of course they didn't solve a thing! Actually, they made it even worse with this austerity crap.

[...]About 14 million people, a fifth of the population, live in poverty and 1.5 million are destitute, being unable to afford basic essentials, he said, citing figures from the Institute for Fiscal Studies and the Joseph Rowntree Foundation. He highlighted predictions that child poverty could rise by 7% between 2015 and 2022, possibly up to a rate of 40%.

“It is patently unjust and contrary to British values that so many people are living in poverty,” he said, adding that compassion had been abandoned during almost a decade of austerity policies that had been so profound that key elements of the postwar social contract, devised by William Beveridge more than 70 years ago, had been swept away.

UK austerity has inflicted 'great misery' on citizens, UN says

But no, blaming the EU for pretty much everything should do.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

ok what dont you understand?
i have repeatedly explained why i posted the vid.
to show what a ridiculous arrangement the e.u. is.
thats a good reason to leave.
dont you understand the video?
how is a video on the state of the e.u. irrelevant to the e.u. ?

Did you actually watch the video you posted? It's not about the EU.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

greece!

i believe it was the e.c.b. that irresponsibly lent money to greece thus resulting in the govt selling its population downriver for austerity packages.

edit on 19-11-2018 by username74 because: some clarity

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Haw you , want tae pipe doon , who ye calling a muppet !

gonnae keep it civil

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

it maybe a ridiculous arrangement to you , but its the first time since Europe has seen no conflict between its member states!

in over 3000 years
so despite your opinion on the EU being ridiculous it's actually on paper a really great idea to co-operate for the mutual benefit of all rather than fight and bicker over wealth and status

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Yeah. Blaming Greece should do fine as well, just don't forget not to mention the debt cut for Ukraine and I wont call you a Russian Troll, muppet.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
"Hate to say someone is to ignorant to deserve an option but in your case it certainly applies."

didnt want to answer that question then?
i wasnt aware free speech was undeserved to those less knowledgable than you?
there was nothing wrong with my enquiry and i have attempted to clarify this for you 4 times.
instead you are offended.
why?

oh and its too not to

edit on 19-11-2018 by username74 because: syntax

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

its a great ideal, i concur with that. but nato might have kept the peace in europe, as long as you dont include the balkans which we bombed and it did nt work out so well for the rest of the world did it?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

didnt blame greece.
how am i a russian troll?
edit on 19-11-2018 by username74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
your contention is incorrect
"co-operate for the mutual benefit of all"
i must point out if there was consensus on this point we would not be having this discussion.
The post-WWII period is not an exception to the warlust of the European continent. While the case can be made that the Schuman plan has lowered the tensions in Western Europe, the rest of the continent has seen a total number of 41 armed conflicts. Most of these conflicts either were restricted to a small area or occurred within a single state: for instance, the Greek Civil War, the Romanian Revolution, the Border campaign of the IRA in Ireland, the Albanian Civil War, the Years of Lead in Italy, and the Basque conflict between the ETA and Spain.

Other conflicts were linked to the resistance to the Soviet Union, including the Hungarian Revolution, the 1956 Poznań protests in Poland, and the 1953 Uprising in East Germany.

Lastly, there were also actual interstate military conflicts, amongst which were the Ten-Day War between Slovenia and Yugoslavia, the Turkish invasion of Cyprus, the Transnistrian War, the Cod Wars between Iceland and forces of the UK, Belgium, and West Germany, the Kosovo War, and the war in Bosnia.

The organization called the European Union and the continent of Europe (which all so often is willfully mistaken) have different track records when it comes to keeping their war machinery locked away.

linky
fee.org...
edit on 19-11-2018 by username74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2018 by username74 because: grammar

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

"Hate to say someone is to ignorant to deserve an option but in your case it certainly applies."

didnt want to answer that question then?
i wasnt aware free speech was undeserved to those less knowledgable than you?
there was nothing wrong with my enquiry and i have attempted to clarify this for you 4 times.
instead you are offended.
why?

oh and its too not to

No you haven't. You have failed repeatedly to explain what you think european debt of 10 years ago has got to do with brexit ( the topic). I suspect because you haven't got a clue.

Not offended, just not interested in a degeneration into personal insults.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join