It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels tells Theresa May - delaying Brexit will cost UK £10bn

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Source Observer

Well, this just may be the straw to break the soft Brexits back.

In fact, I'm so enraged by this latest blackmail stance by the EU which appears purposely designed to prevent and stifle any further debate on the current exit proposals.

Theresa May’s hopes of securing her Brexit deal were dealt a new blow on Saturday night as the EU warned the UK would have to pay about £10bn more to Brussels to win extra time for a smooth exit.

Ahead of what Downing Street said was a “critical” week for the prime minister, cabinet ministers also piled on the pressure by publicly insisting that she change the proposals. Pro-Brexit cabinet minister Andrea Leadsom said there was “still more to be done” to achieve the Brexit “that 17.4 million people voted for”.

So the EU hears that Ministers are requesting more time to iron out parts of the exit agreement that are not at all good for the UK, in particular the vagueness of the backstop which could lead to the UK becoming a Vassal state.

But instead of saying yes, we're open to further discussion, these political bullies choose to threaten the UK with the charge of a further £10 Billion for the privilege.

I can see foresee even some remainers saying WTF here and telling Brussels exactly where to go, no matter what short term pain the country may endure as a result.

Of course, there may also be the very slight chance that Mrs May's Government may also be behind this as a way of forcing the people to accept what's on the table. But surely, they wouldn't do that to the British people...... Would they.....ahem.

Downing Street insisted again on Saturday there that there is no hope of unpicking the EU divorce deal. There is, however, limited scope to alter a document setting out the potential future relationship with Brussels. As May’s deal looks increasingly likely to be voted down in the Commons, supporters of a second referendum are stepping up their campaign to convince MPs to agree to put the issue back to the people. The People’s Vote campaign said it now had more than 170 groups in every region, with constituency activity ensuring that MPs get sent a clear message. The campaign has distributed 20,000 “Knock and Drop” surveys to the groups to canvass and lobby their local MPs.

edit on 17-11-2018 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2018 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Tell 'em to kiss your bloody bullocks.

Break them down and absorb them into the new empire, mates, where the sun never sets and all that, eh?

edit on 17-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Break them down and absorb them into the new empire, mates, where the sun never sets and all that, eh?

I think that's exactly what a lot of Brits are going to reply in response, probably even some staunch remainers.
The EU appears to underestimate the resolve of the UK sometimes. We are proud people who take great exception to being bullied.

I was all for a deal prior to this, simply because a hard brexit is considered to be economic suicide (by those who claim to know). However, after reading Cra@ like this, I'd rather face the risk and uncertainty.

If the bullying EU act like this today, I can only imagine what they will be like in 50 years or so.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: studio500

I have complete confidence y'all can walk away and come back stronger. It's how I feel about renegotiating deals in the U.S.---suck it up for a bit and come back more fortified and self-reliant from within. Good on ya', Brother.

Plus you know those chicken-ship E.U. globalists and business men will be making deals. Bidness will always be happening.

#hardbrexitmates!

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
No doubt the EU would love to pull the UK apart. Pick off Northern Ireland, then Scotland and finally Wales. These will become the new administrative regions as part of the great plan.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well they can hard brexit whenever they want. But if they want to stay in the system until a deal is made then it makes sense the UK has to pay like normal, no? EU is being kind of hard ass with their demands I guess, but why should countries like Germany and France let the UK stay an extra year for free, when they are still paying?

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Looks like some Brits might be looking for a little "Independence".

Good on ya!

It's about time!

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The UK used to be a proud country

Now instead of the UK, they should be BB, the first B stands for Brussels, the second B, well it’s not that simple. Let’s just say, it’s another way to call call a female dog a doggy

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
When will the UK just give up their sovereignty? The longer you wait the harder it will be for you? ... you lost it a long time ago anyway, now you just need to accept the fact.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It's about time we gave the BEUrocrats the middle finger and walk! Otherwise next time you see GB it will stand for Great Brussels!

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
They should tell brussels to go pound sand and come sit down with Trump and ask him for a sweet heart deal that will infuriate merkle and marcon.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Amazing, the EU don't think should get the benefits of membership the EU without paying into the pot.

I am outraged...

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Way over in Texas we got a sayin'

"Come and Take it."

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Looks like some Brits might be looking for a little "Independence".

Good on ya!

It's about time!

We are already independent, demonstrated by the fact that we can leave the EU by democratic vote.

How did it work out last time some US states wanted to leave?

edit on 18-11-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
You know, the people voted to leave the EU. We knew it wasn't going to be an easy ride. The EU were always going to make it difficult, but the way they have treated us is nothing short of bullying.
We needed a strong leader who could stand up to the constant jabs and bullying tactics. Instead we get a woman who really doesn't know what she is doing. Way over her head.

As much as people are not fans of Donald Trump, he wouldn't have put up with half of the crap thrown at us by the EU.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

And Maggie would have snapped her handbag shut and walked away from the table......and probably stirred some other EU member states to do the same

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: rhynouk

And Maggie would have snapped her handbag shut and walked away from the table......and probably stirred some other EU member states to do the same

Rainbows
Jane

Definitely. There is no way she would have been taken for the fool like Theresa May has. We haven't had a Prime Minister with balls since Maggie.
We should have outlined what what we wanted, put it on the table and walked out. We haven't shown any backbone what so ever in the last 2 years.

I would tell them they can stick the £10 Billion, we're out.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: studio500

Well, this just may be the straw to break the soft Brexits back.

I wouldn't bank on it They are a masochistic lot !

In fact, I'm so enraged by this latest blackmail stance by the EU which appears purposely designed to prevent and stifle any further debate on the current exit proposals.

Why are you surprised? The EU has to be punitive other wise the others

will leave, and then there will be no EU!!!! Its only a matter of time....

There are a lot of other dissatisfied members.

So the EU hears that Ministers are requesting more time to iron out parts of the exit agreement that are not at all good for the UK, in particular the vagueness of the backstop which could lead to the UK becoming a Vassal state.

But instead of saying yes, we're open to further discussion, these political bullies choose to threaten the UK with the charge of a further £10 Billion for the privilege.

It is the EU that have set down the lines and are not prepared to budge

thereby extending the time.

I can see foresee even some remainers saying WTF here and telling Brussels exactly where to go, no matter what short term pain the country may endure as a result.

I very much doubt it
The remainers which includes Mrs May have tunnel vision.

Of course, there may also be the very slight chance that Mrs May's Government may also be behind this as a way of forcing the people to accept what's on the table. But surely, they wouldn't do that to the British people...... Would they.....ahem.

I'm beginning to think so too ...... That Mrs May is working for the EU

against Brexit
Now there's a conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

You should be our new Brexit secretary mate , that's the attitude that should have been adopted from the beginning instead of the appeasement route that has been followed so far.

The EU have a vested interest in either making us a Vassal state or ensuring we suffer hardship because of Brexit , a successful Brexit will be a beacon of light to other states who wish to leave the failing project , our leaving isn't the end of the United States of Europe dream but it could be the beginning of the end and that scares the pants off those shadowy forces steering the good ship EU.

We should do like Nelly the Elephant and just pack our bags and say goodbye to the circus.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

When will the UK just give up their sovereignty?

Never , never , never.

The longer you wait the harder it will be for you?

We leave in March next year , deal or no deal.

you lost it a long time ago anyway, now you just need to accept the fact.

By not joining the European monetary system , the Euro , we gave ourselves an easier way out , one thing we have Gordon Brown to thank for.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join