It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels tells Theresa May - delaying Brexit will cost UK £10bn

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
I dont remember the 70's because I wasnt born , but my parents filled me in on what it was like to live in Scotland under a conservative government !

funny enough its awfully similar to what its like for me to live under a conservative government
coincidence ?

edit on 20-11-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I think you'll find the 'peace' that has been maintained in Europe since WWII has been more to do with NATO and Mutually Assured Destruction rather than the amoral, corrupt and dictatorial EU.

You seem to have become a bit of a flip-flopper - first you were a Remainer then you acknowledged the legality, moral commitment and benefits of Brexit....you seem to have changed your mind, yet again.

Yeah just another undiagnosed schizophrenic possibly but it does change day to day and yes gone this way then that way its just tricky to kow which way this thing is going and there is probably no right or wrong when it comes to our relationship with Europe. At the moment quite satisfied with the way things are going as its Brexit but not too far kind of like an associate member. May is doing a grand job really under immense pressure, now the Scots Irish look likes they are going to scupper the whole thing and who knows there is a conspiracy there>?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Hey UFO, how will ireland and scotland scupper it ?

whats happening I must know hahahah

the more and more I hear people in the UK talk about being independent from the EU and not having to have brussels determine our future
why the hell does Scotland still want the houses of parliament to govern our spending then ?

if its good for the goose its good for the gander ?

surely we should be then able to determine our own fiscal budget and not have westminster determine our budget and that will also be devolved to Scotland post brexit ?
we are a collective of independent nations with mutually beneficial trade agreements , so why then are we remaining in the united kingdom if we are leaving europe , scotland still has the rest of the UK determine our spending!
Seems unfair

Im not saying its the right move, Im just saying seems a bit hypocritical of the government , not to fully devolve our powers
edit on 20-11-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
a reply to: Freeborn

It looks to me like 'Soloprotocol' is the racist one, He is rabidly racist toward

the English.... and boy doesnt it show.

So the potentially white Anglo-Saxon from over the pond is a racist for pointing out the racist elements in a thoroughly nationalist campaign?

Carry on with you silly beliefs then, the English not murdering natives seems to be part of your gigantic delusion.

For the record: the next Brexit thread of this kind should be in the mud-pit, where you animals can spit it all out freely. Wuff. Wuff!

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

really , its been pretty civilised so far , at least we haven't resorted to death threats and what not akin to the left right political dichotomy threads of the USA which are in abundance on ATS

Hardly the mud pit , when the worst that has happened is someone being branded anti English , ooooooooooh
what a travesty !

Im sure they wont get too upset with their stiff upper lips!

ANIMALS , rather kind of you sir , I believe the better insult is HUMANS !

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Hey UFO, how will ireland and scotland scupper it ?

whats happening I must know hahahah

Not Irealnd or Scotland, I was talking about the Scots Irish, Ulsterman, you know? they hold the key inevery way right now for May and the Brexit goings on.

On the Scottish front I think you are better in the UK but it is your choice, I just like being British mate as there is no such thing whatsoever as Scottish or English, it is all an inverntion, I got no time for ethno nationalism total nonsense, we are British island dwellers pure and simple
It's like having sex with a partner or sex with yourself, totally different experiences but better doing it together
in Union

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Id be inclined to disagree , I dont like the Idea of Britishness or being British
because to me it means nothing but oppression !

Sorry

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

"So the potentially white Anglo-Saxon from over the pond is a racist for pointing out the racist elements in a thoroughly nationalist campaign?

Carry on with you silly beliefs then, the English not murdering natives seems to be part of your gigantic delusion.

For the record: the next Brexit thread of this kind should be in the mud-pit, where you animals can spit it all out freely. Wuff. Wuff!"

so would you be in the globalist camp then?
where you accuse nationalists of being racist while giving them racist abuse, all the while not understanding the inherent hypocrisy of your position.
always calling for the debate to be downgraded so it eventually reaches a level where your tactics and level of intelligence do not stand out like a sore thumb!
not understanding that to destroy a countries borders and cultural heritage serves the systems that you think you are fighting against.
not very bright.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Id be inclined to disagree , I dont like the Idea of Britishness or being British
because to me it means nothing but oppression !

Sorry

Why though, we are all British? Hint, the Celtic Invasion was a myth. There was no Celtic invasion per say, just a cultural invasion (backed up by genetics and even Professors in Celtic History). In other words, we are all a mongrel version of original inhabitants of this island - ie, we are all British. I always laugh at nationalists from Scotland, Wales or even Ireland banging on about there "Celtic" origins.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Did they fill you in on what it was like to live under a Labour Govt?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

"Id be inclined to disagree , I dont like the Idea of Britishness or being British
because to me it means nothing but oppression ! "

and thats just daft tbh. i was around in the 70s and you are being fed #e!
all inherently contradictory propaganda!
whites oppress-
ever been to china, banana republics
multi kultis good-
only for white states though
etc etc
all communism for the globalists believers.
communism being the bankers system of choice because the state owns all and they own the state.

edit on 20-11-2018 by username74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Hardly the mud pit , when the worst that has happened is someone being branded anti English

Aha. That's what happens when people chime in to add their poignant criticism, they open themselves up to personal attacks. Let me guess... it's essentially his fault not to sing with the chorus?

Was racism involved in this nationalist campaign or was it not? Did we see many rabidly racist remarks in pretty much every Brexit thread thus far or did we not? We both know the answer, why pretend otherwise?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

"Aha. That's what happens when people chime in to add their poignant criticism, they open themselves up to personal attacks. Let me guess... it's essentially his fault not to sing with the chorus?

Was racism involved in this nationalist campaign or was it not? Did we see many rabidly racist remarks in pretty much every Brexit thread thus far or did we not? We both know the answer, why pretend otherwise?"

if you get a fair sized chip for your other shoulder you will appear more balanced lol

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

British is just the name of the empire and it died , we arent british its an ideology of sorts !
You maybe English , British if you feel , but I am not British , I am Scottish

, so you are saying there were no Scots ?
they came from Ireland as far as I am aware , and the people of the British isles have been here since the ice age , probably before that as well and from Doggerland etc , Celtic appears to be a culture , a way of pagan life for peoples from Spain to Britain!

There is nothing wrong with embracing your cultural heritage , some choose to others ignore it completely
just as you have chosen to assign to British !
I would assign to celtic ! or Scottish or Pagan !

makes no difference to you though eh!

we still have a living language of the people of Scotland

I just think that Britain represents hatred of anything other than their way of life !
as evidenced by the numerous Genocides carried out under the butchers apron across the globe!

we are educated on the British empire in primary school , and so its hard not to have some hatred towards anything British when you hear about all the atrocities carried out on the working class !

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: studio500

The solution is simple, she should just run a nice hot bath, light some candles, put some tunes on, climb in, lie back, and then open up both wrists with a straight razor.

Obviously beforehand, comprising a note outlining how Brexit was all a big joke in its entirety.

And the rest of her party, should probably follow suit and do the world a favor.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

equally as crap probably , but its ok I learned what that was like myself in the 90;s , war with Iraq etc
just as #e

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

equally as crap probably , but its ok I learned what that was like myself in the 90;s , war with Iraq etc
just as #e

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

just as #e

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

"I just think that Britain represents hatred of anything other than their way of life !
as evidenced by the numerous Genocides carried out under the butchers apron across the globe!

we are educated on the British empire in primary school , and so its hard not to have some hatred towards anything British when you hear about all the atrocities carried out on the working class !"

its not the british.
its the power systems embedded within the currency of the world which began in earnest in north west europe.
you need to read history for your self.
you are correct in that nationality is a shared ideal but try not to conflate it with humanist idealism because they are incompatable.
thats how double speak works.
we are all equal but all diverse and different. equality thru diversity,
you get the gist, its corrupts critical reasoning skills

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

thats not what he meant.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join