It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels tells Theresa May - delaying Brexit will cost UK £10bn

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
we are independent right now here in the UK controlling our own economy,

We do our own trade deals???

Our justice system is not controlled by the ECJ???

currency

The only decent decission Gordon Brown ever made......

and military.

They want an EU army so they would expect to take over ours and

exercise control over it... ... IF WE REMAINED

We never committed properly to the EU experiment and keep outside of full integration as it is.

So why is it so hard to get out of their clutches if we weren't properly

committed???

Why risk our already independent state and comparatively successful economic system and standard of living with a complete unknown?

Strangely enough there was life before the EU...... and the billions

we save in paying for the pleasure of being fleeced, and augmenting

the EU coffers we can spend on what is important to us and will improve

our own economy.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

The UK is forecast to be the second most successful of the Western economies after the US. Positive demographics with continuing immigration, rather less exposure to the problems of the Eurozone than other European economies combine with relatively low taxes by European standards to encourage faster growth than in most Western economies,” the CEBR said. “By 2029 the UK will almost have caught up with Germany and we still forecast that the UK will overtake Germany to be the largest Western European economy around 2030.”

The research forecasts a new economic world order, with emerging economies eclipsing the struggling Eurozone.

Britain is on track to overtake France and Germany to become the biggest economy in Europe, according to an authoritative global forecast.

A rapidly growing population, relatively low taxes and independence from the ailing Eurozone will make Britain the most successful economy in the West after the United States over the next fifteen years, according to the Centre for Economic and Business Research.

In an upbeat assessment of the country’s prospects, the CEBR said Britain, the sixth biggest economy in the world, will see its GDP grow from £1.59 trillion to £2.64 trillion by 2028.

In the same period, Germany’s output will grow more slowly from £2.2 trillion to £2.69 trillion, with growth hampered by a weak euro, an ageing population and the prospect of future Eurozone bailouts. It puts Britain on course to surpass Germany by 2030.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Oh yeah the future for the UK economy looks really rosy. You raise some very good points Eletheia and you are obviously very clued up on the EU situation, probably far more than muggins here and the legal side you mention I know nothing really so thanks for that heads up there.

Life will go on without being a true member of the EU and there are many sides to Brexit that are very appealing. I do worry for our economy though we really do need to prepare for a very tricky time if the Brussels lot make an example of us and pull up the draw bridge their side too. The way the EU and their economic system went after Russia is what we need to be wary of. If they decide to treat us like they treated Russia post Ukraine intervention then we might be in very turbulent times sooner than we can imagine. Big industry on the continent works hand in hand with the governments and go along with the politics of the day. Russia was a massive export market for German industry but these export companies went with Berlin after Ukraine intervention even though this market was so important to them. If Merkel decides to deal with us in the same manner then we are going to be in very big trouble. We just need to hope and pray for a fair outcome for our economy

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

The UK is forecast to be the second most successful of the Western economies after the US. Positive demographics with continuing immigration, rather less exposure to the problems of the Eurozone than other European economies combine with relatively low taxes by European standards to encourage faster growth than in most Western economies,” the CEBR said. “By 2029 the UK will almost have caught up with Germany and we still forecast that the UK will overtake Germany to be the largest Western European economy around 2030.”

The research forecasts a new economic world order, with emerging economies eclipsing the struggling Eurozone.

Britain is on track to overtake France and Germany to become the biggest economy in Europe, according to an authoritative global forecast.

A rapidly growing population, relatively low taxes and independence from the ailing Eurozone will make Britain the most successful economy in the West after the United States over the next fifteen years, according to the Centre for Economic and Business Research.

In an upbeat assessment of the country’s prospects, the CEBR said Britain, the sixth biggest economy in the world, will see its GDP grow from £1.59 trillion to £2.64 trillion by 2028.

In the same period, Germany’s output will grow more slowly from £2.2 trillion to £2.69 trillion, with growth hampered by a weak euro, an ageing population and the prospect of future Eurozone bailouts. It puts Britain on course to surpass Germany by 2030.

Would you care to share the date that the CEBR made that prediction...

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
That's from 2013.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
That's from 2013. There's been a change of plan since then.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

You raise some very good points Eletheia and you are obviously very clued up on the EU situation, probably far more than muggins here and the legal side you mention I know nothing really so thanks for that heads up there.

Yes she does. Intellect, logic, and balls (metaphorically of course.) Now you, Orb, your bollocks...sigh...

She fights the good fight with some might. Here's to you, eletheia. I'd take her on my team any day.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
That's from 2013.

Its between 2013 and 2018 at a time when we were in a period of

austerity, and with very favorable predictions right up to 2030

So as one Tony Blair once said......

Things can only get better

edit on 18-11-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The good kind of austerity is just the right medicine that pays off. Austerity isn't when some auto-crat tells you what you have to suck up.

It's when you give up the right things, for the right reason, for just a season. Then it's the commonsense austerity of the people in anticipation of retaining their free rights and growing internally stronger doing it.

edit on 18-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: studio500

So the EU hears that Ministers are requesting more time to iron out parts of the exit agreement that are not at all good for the UK, in particular the vagueness of the backstop which could lead to the UK becoming a Vassal state.

But instead of saying yes, we're open to further discussion, these political bullies choose to threaten the UK with the charge of a further £10 Billion for the privilege.

News is on in the background and Michael Barnier has apparently said that

they will look favourably on any request from the UK to extend the period

of transition which may be needed by the UK up to 2020/2022 'to iron out

any problems

Wonder how much that is to do with the demands for further £10 billion

[would that be per anum?] to cushion the EU coffers or help with the EU army

Macron is pushing for, I wonder if that was the reason for opening the borders .....

fodder for his EU army.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It took them 5 years to write a few hundred words?. The published report was from 2013.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: studio500

It's a statement of facts, nothing else.

The UK pays more into the EU budget than it gets back.

In 2016 the UK government paid £13.1 billion to the EU budget, and EU spending on the UK was forecast to be £4.5 billion. So the UK’s ‘net contribution’ was estimated at about £8.6 billion.

fullfact.org...

This vassal state fear and loathing on Las Royally Screwed Islas makes me smile ever single time though.

God shave the Queen!

Could those numbers reflect a true comprehensive accounting?
Given the resent voting fiasco here in the states who really knows?
There are all kinds of hidden NWO project costs and state incurred debt.

So what is the main driving force that is keeping the British public engaged?
Apparently it is that they are being told they are being bullied?

We are proud people who take great exception to being bullied.

Who will be the British Lincoln?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower
The British invented bullying. The UK since its inception has never been independent. It's always had to depend on other countries commodities and natural resources for it's survival.

If it wasn't for Scotland Oil and Gas supplies and illegal money laundering through London England would be back in the dark ages and still classed as the sick man of Europe.
edit on 18-11-2018 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
That's from 2013.

Its between 2013 and 2018 at a time when we were in a period of

austerity, and with very favorable predictions right up to 2030

So as one Tony Blair once said......

Things can only get better

It report from years before the referendum was even announced.

Using it to.support the claim that UK economy will do well after Brexit is either dishonest or ignorant.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Could those numbers reflect a true comprehensive accounting? Given the resent voting fiasco here in the states who really knows? There are all kinds of hidden NWO project costs and state incurred debt.

Highly speculative, the numbers from 2016 are the numbers from 2016. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So what is the main driving force that is keeping the British public engaged? Apparently it is that they are being told they are being bullied?

That's an excellent question and I have a hunch:

For two years, observers have speculated that the June, 2016, Brexit campaign in the U.K. served as a petri dish for Donald Trump’s Presidential campaign in the United States. Now there is new evidence that it did. Newly surfaced e-mails show that the former Trump adviser Steve Bannon, and Cambridge Analytica, the Big Data company that he worked for at the time, were simultaneously incubating both nationalist political movements in 2015.

New Evidence Emerges of Steve Bannon and Cambridge Analytica’s Role in Brexit

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Using it to.support the claim that UK economy will do well after Brexit is either dishonest or ignorant.

It is less ignorant or dishonest than this? >>>>>>

*Soloprotocol*
The UK since its inception has never been independent. It's always had to depend on other countries commodities and natural resources for it's survival.
If it wasn't for Scotland Oil and Gas supplies and illegal money laundering through London England would be back in the dark ages and still classed as the sick man of Europe.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

No.

Someone could mention the colonial history with all it's oppression and you'd counter that with spin and projections without context? Good to know, I guess.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Ok, Tell me what year, since the act of Union, Has England never had a foothold in other countries affairs?.

To this day England still bleeds Scotland of its natural resources. still clings on to Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, Cypress, The Falklands, Gibraltar, and various other money laundering Caribbean islands.

When we talk about hiding money offshore, Do you think it's on a Ship in the North sea?

You can't answer because what I say is the truth. England has bullied and oppressed all over the planet for centuries. Hopefully, in the next year, She's about to find out what going it alone and taking our country back really means.

Without Scotlands resources, taxation from Wales and Northern Ireland little England will go under. But I suppose you will just adopt the old Dunkirk Spirit..ie, run back into the sea.

Brexit is Londons Titanic. Every man for themselves, After the wealthy have bought a seat on the lifeboats of course.

They are playing you like a fiddle and your too stupid to realise that. £350 million for the NHS should have been the first clue.

Ps, do you want a list of the Countries England has invaded and raped of its resources in the past 300 years alone?. Just let me know. I'll only be happy to oblige.

edit on 19-11-2018 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Someone could mention the colonial history with all it's oppression and you'd counter that with spin and projections without context? Good to know, I guess.

Someone could ..... and I would be able to counter it with more actual facts

and experience than most as my family were in one of those colonies from late

1700's to 1947.

Not hearsay...... and it wasn't all subjugation and oppression, much good

was done too.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

It is less ignorant or dishonest than this? >>>>>>

*Soloprotocol*
The UK since its inception has never been independent. It's always had to depend on other countries commodities and natural resources for it's survival.

Solo's comment is clearly an opinion, and one I disagree with.

Using economic analysis from years before the Brexit referendum to try and claim that the UK will do well after Brexit on the other hand is either deliberately dishonest or extremely careless.

Which is it?
edit on 19-11-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join