It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun nuts will love this...lol

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Akragon

Completely banning guns will not solve anything because the guns in the streets are all illegally obtained. It's not law-abiding citizens doing the shootings.

We're not really talking about "law abiding citizens" here... and even those people generally do not carry a gun in public

Guy that lives three doors down from me is a gun nut, and even he doesn't carry... nor does he have any in his house

They're locked up at his gun nut club... this guy is still a dink but even he has no reason to carry a gun

Obviously its a people problem... but a serious detterent such as a manditory sentence for having a hand gun in your possession (on your person) would prevent more guns on the street.

Even a "criminal" would think twice before carrying IF he knew there was automatic jail time if he/she was caught with it.

And its not even about the fact that only "criminals" would have guns in this case... guns never prevent shootings, even though in The US they like to dream that they do.

When someone busts out a gun, people run and hide... they don't get into a shoot out and try to save the day

edit on 7-11-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
OP thinks the world is rainbows and ponies. People will commit crimes. No. Matter. What.

No... i think the world is a bag of sh1t... and people made it that way

I just believe hand guns are made to kill people and nothing else... and they have no place on Canadian streets

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Gun nuts.......GUN NUTS. yes....hahaha....dude

That's you!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

ITs an appropriate term in many cases

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Metro persons don't know the logistics of the league that gun owners are in, the ones who are exposed from a young age the logic of safety, and use ....and no show till ya need it.....advanced skills, not for the rookies at all......that graduated......advanced league

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Sure... Probably not a lot of people like that in these parts...

Myself personally, I think I've shot one rifle in my life... a few BB guns.. Good fun, but not a big deal and Marksmanship doesn't impress me unless its with a bow

I am proficient with several weapons in any case, Bo Staff, Sai, Nunchuk, Tonfa... which is far more impressive IMHO

requiring actual skills to wield as opposed to... you know...

a finger wiggle

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Completely banning guns will not solve anything because the guns in the streets are all illegally obtained. It's not law-abiding citizens doing the shootings.

And its not even about the fact that only "criminals" would have guns in this case... guns never prevent shootings, even though in The US they like to dream that they do.

When someone busts out a gun, people run and hide... they don't get into a shoot out and try to save the day

Right.... so this was literally posted a short while before your OP:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 7-11-2018 by timequake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: timequake

yeah... One in a million isn't so bad

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Myself personally, I think I've shot one rifle in my life... a few BB guns.. Good fun, but not a big deal and Marksmanship doesn't impress me unless its with a bow

I am proficient with several weapons in any case, Bo Staff, Sai, Nunchuk, Tonfa... which is far more impressive IMHO

a finger wiggle

I see....but what about those who are outdoorsmen....then have grandkids that want to go hiking with the fam.....

In da North territory's grandiose and tons of wildlife areas....45.70 and a S and W 6 inch in .44 with Garrett African dangerous ammo.....both of em....the shells are that long.....6 inches....exploding tips.....go all the way through a bear all the way...that's what Sue has on tv....in Alaska

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

a finger wiggle

I see....but what about those who are outdoorsmen....then have grandkids that want to go hiking with the fam.....

In da North territory's grandiose and tons of wildlife areas....45.70 and a S and W 6 inch in .44 with Garrett African dangerous ammo.....both of em....the shells are that long.....6 inches....exploding tips.....go all the way through a bear all the way...that's what Sue has on tv....in Alaska

I can completely appreciate that... im big on the out doors too!

Im just not a hunter!

Now don't get me wrong... IF I needed to hunt for food I wouldn't hesitate... OR IF we lived in "the walking dead" I would have a completely different opinion on guns

TO each their own... love guns, or hate em… doesn't matter to me...

But we don't need them on "our" streets unless we're talking police... and in extreme circumstances even then

This guy was hailed as a hero a few months back because he could have shot... and had every right to do so... but instead he did his job as an officer

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Here in my country we simply don't need guns...

I see where this is going...

edit on 7-11-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
wont you please come out back with us once, just my back gate is backed up to govt land for miles...?we can interact with the hogs....not shoot em.....their my friends! But let them get to know humans walking.

You won't be living in your minds eye...? you'll be right there....filled with wild times excitement when the hogs stamp their front hoof and talk to you....
edit on 7-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
So why are they shooting each other?

What's the root?

It's proximity to the fire, they get all blackened by the soot.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
Yeah, that has worked SO well in England. Look at the stabbings that have gone up by 1000-2000% since banning guns. Much of the stabbings are much more brutal than shootings, where someone would get shot with one bullet turns into someone getting 5-20 stab wounds.

Why don't you look at changing what is causing the problem - the people!?

Also, now the criminals STILL have guns but people can't protect themselves.

Look at how that worked in South Africa, the farmers are getting slaughtered, raped, tourtured, etc b/c the gov confiscated so many guns and restricted gun ownership on people who basically commited ZERO crime, and not they are defenseless victims to people who ignore the law and have guns anyway.

So how are you going to garuntee that criminals don't get guns? For many of them being in jail is better than living on the street, so having a gun isn't a big deal for them, using it on innocent people doesn't matter to them nor getting caught - they get a nice comfy Canuk Jail cell with nice polite guards fluffing their pillow before bed time.

Gun crime rose in the UK as well. Perhaps there were other issues?

Look at what happened in Japan, Australia, New Zealand and, well, Canada?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Prohibitions don't work. They create black markets that result in all sorts of political problems.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Prohibitions don't work. They create black markets that result in all sorts of political problems.

Generally I would agree...

Not on this issue though... We're not talking about drugs or alcohol.... Sure they kill people

Hand guns were specifically designed for that purpose though... and innocent by standers are affected in a lot IF not most cases... which is not the case in any other "prohibition"

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

This issue operates on the same principle. If you ban guns, violent crimes will go up. It would be more productive to establish a firearm education program, and encourage average citizens to arm themselves.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Completely disagree there...

AS the OP states, we don't need guns in our country... Nor do we need easy access to them

Theres enough stupid people already... we don't need to arm them!!

We'll turn into the states... God forbid

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Yeah, that has worked SO well in England. Look at the stabbings that have gone up by 1000-2000% since banning guns. Much of the stabbings are much more brutal than shootings, where someone would get shot with one bullet turns into someone getting 5-20 stab wounds.

Crazy response, did you think of the
innocent bystanders that are getting shot by stray bullets ?
Compare that to innocent kids and bystanders getting stabbed.
Of course, avoiding the obvious just to push your agenda.
The problem is,
gun-pushers, making illegal profits not at all caring
about the lives of others. Mostly it is american and israeli who
are the gun runners.
Just the other day,
an american woman crossed into Canada
with a stash of guns hidden in the gas tank of her vehicle.
Enough ! Gun runners are no better than pimps and drug pushers.
One way to end the gun trade is to offer
rewards for anonymously calling "crime-stoppers" and reporting
any info.
Another deterrent > heavy penalties to
foreigners who import guns >life in jail.

~

edit on 8/11/18 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Yeah, that has worked SO well in England. Look at the stabbings that have gone up by 1000-2000% since banning guns.

Guns are not banned in the UK - there are approaching 2 million licenced guns in circulation. Knife crime in the UK is mostly confined to gangs and per capita the number of knife related homicides in the UK is less than the US.

Knife crime in the UK is well reported domestically because so few people are murdered (esp. with guns). Some people in the US have erroneously attempted to make it sound like everyone is being slashed to death, when in fact knife crime remains a more sever problem in the US.

And, to keep this on topic. I agree with the OP.
edit on 8/11/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join